Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
We had a weird issue like this last weekend on our Moomba. Assuming you do actually have all the pumps running, then yours sounds a little different. Here is my experience just in case something in here helps.

I filled all bags too 100%. The starboard side bag was not full so I hit the switch to run it a little longer. Nothing happened. No drain, no fill. How we the screen showed the bags were filling or draining when the pumps were no actually running. I have the 6 pump system, and just replaced all the impellers. I assumed it was a fuse since it would be too Coincidental for both pumps to quit working at the same time. However, to make a long story short, we traced it down to the power wire connection that came from the pump set on the port side of the boat. The connection was just slightly loose. I pushed it back together a little bit and the pumps started working again. What I found interesting is there was no dioletric grease and they didn’t really appear to be marine connectors. I am going to squirt some in mine just to protect against moisture. That wasn’t the issue, but maybe it will help prevent corrosion in the future.

So my only tip could be that if SC is having you check connections, it could be something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for info! When I initially talked to SC about the the surf system bugging out, they said it sounded like a ground issue or something maybe shorting out. Had me confirm the satellite antenna was working and the other common thing to go out and cause this is the paddle wheel. I don’t have a way to unplug it and check that however after disconnecting both batteries, cleaning those connections, checking the connections on the bus bar under the dash and checking the ground cable on the engine, everything seems to be working minus the pumps moving water. The only thing I found that stuck out during those checks were two loose wires on the bus bar, they were still in contact but I could move them back and forth with one finger.

Fast forward to today, after talking to SC about the pumps running and not moving water, he recommend checking the three intake ports for the pumps to make sure they are not clogged, if they are clear he feels the impellers have to be the issue even though I just had them replaced not long ago.

He also recommended having the dealer reinstall the software if it keeps bugging out like it was. Hopefully I make some headway with it today or it gets pulled and hauled 4 hours to the closest dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro