Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by tazz3069
    Thanxs Flyinghigh. I love it two. We are using as much as we can right now. We are trying to plan a trip to Utah at some lake to tear it up and leave the Moomba mark there.
    Pike how was your trip to the Lake. Up here in Vegas, it was extreamly windy. The water at Lake Mead was like a scene out of "The Deadliest Catch" I kind of wanted to through some Crab Cages on the boat and go out fishing. Just kidding. The only equipment that goes on the boat is, Skiis, wakeborads, and Family.
    So like I said in the pm, it was also windy at Mojave. The funny thing is I talked to a guy from Vegas that was at Mead in the morning and decided to drive down...All in all it was still awesome to get in the water...
    Contrary to popular belief, a boat does not run on "Thank Yous"

Congrats!! Good to see another Moomba owner in Vegas. I have a '06 black and white LSV. I'll be out at Mead this weekend.

AZheat, How was Lake Mead. I am trying to get out there soon. Last time Launched at Lake Mead Marine. What a nightmare. I am going to Echo Bay next time. Plus the water is alot nicer there.
    Tazz

Not too bad. It was pretty windy, but we found some fairly calm water against the Arizona shore across from Calville Bay. A little sore today though being my first real trip out of the year.

Launching and Trailering was a different story. Almost an hour to launch and two to trailer. If my wife and I wouldn't have both had our cell phones, I don't know how we would have done it. Probably like all the other ***holes that drop their buddies off to go fetch the trailer while they sit in the middle off the channel and wait making you weave in and out. We all know how fun steering an inboard is at 2 mph! Especially when the wind is blowing. Luckily I was able to communicate and time it so that I motored through the crowd right onto the trailer once she finally made it down. .....Just a little frustration about some of the inconsiderate boaters out there if you couldn't tell.

I'm going to give Mohave at try on of these weekends.

I might do the same. My brother-in-law had seen an article about Lake Mead Launching. It was talking about a familiy that took about 6 or 8 hours to get off the water. Something about getting to the ramp at about 5 o'clock and getting out of the water at about 1 am. That is somply BS. With all the different ramps to choose from, it shouldn't take that long. When I went, it took me 1 1/2 hrs to get off the water. I launched at Lake Mead marina. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!!!!
    Mark