Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

All this being said, i think you can just remove the air valve and pour some in the bags. Then run your pumps on drain until you see it come out. Completely drain it all if you can. I don't like that stuff sitting in the ballast bags. If you ever used this stuff to winterize your toilets in a cabin you will see it scum up over time. I let it sit in the traps, but don't like it sit for long. Not sure if its good for rubber long term.
    2019 Mondo

If you are using Jabsco pumps, the manual indicates that winterization consists of simply loosening the screws on the cover plate of the pump to allow the water to drain. Of course, this doesn't cover the lines or ballast bags, but since those are flexible tubing, the likelihood of damage due to freeze in that tubing is minimal. You could have damage to the hard fittings on the ends though if you don't get the water out.

Thanks Zog
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

Quote Originally Posted by Zog View Post
    If you are using Jabsco pumps, the manual indicates that winterization consists of simply loosening the screws on the cover plate of the pump to allow the water to drain. Of course, this doesn't cover the lines or ballast bags, but since those are flexible tubing, the likelihood of damage due to freeze in that tubing is minimal. You could have damage to the hard fittings on the ends though if you don't get the water out.
    Who would have thought to look at the manual LOL
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnsurfer View Post
    That's cheating.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnsurfer View Post
    The only reason I looked was because I needed to replace an impeller and just happened to see the winterization recommendations. Good timing, I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Zog View Post
    The only reason I looked was because I needed to replace an impeller and just happened to see the winterization recommendations. Good timing, I guess!
    LOL thanks!
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO