Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Finally got a chance to ride my new Neo today and it’s awesome! I should have done a 5’ Doomswell from the get-go. I think it just needs some slightly different fins and it will be perfect for me. Really fast once I set the edge on the wave it just rockets toward the boat. Wave was looking great a few times today too. Still need to figure out why I get this strange scar on the top of the wave a few times. It comes and goes and just strange. But man when the wave it on it’s ON!

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Finally got a chance to ride my new Neo today and it’s awesome! I should have done a 5’ Doomswell from the get-go. I think it just needs some slightly different fins and it will be perfect for me. Really fast once I set the edge on the wave it just rockets toward the boat. Wave was looking great a few times today too. Still need to figure out why I get this strange scar on the top of the wave a few times. It comes and goes and just strange. But man when the wave it on it’s ON!

Man, that is a sick wave! I rode behind a Max a few weeks ago and that guy didn’t have it set up whatsoever. It was a bummer because I really wanted to see how well if compared to my Craz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Got out again tonight and had some pretty sweet sunset picks....ok at least for O-H-I-O! Nothing compared to you boys out west!

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

Here's some video footage from yesterday on the Neo. At times you can see that damn scar form on the top of my wave. Other times it goes away. Any ideas what is causing that and my wave to change shape at times? I wonder if my plates are moving or something. Even though we only were able to go to the lake for a few hours before storms and water conditions turned to crap we still had a great time. My daughter cracks me up with these little hidden cameos she puts into the videos lol.

2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

hack's Max has the best wave I have ever seen behind a Max and I have been in close to a dozen of them. Even the 2021 with the 4000 lbs stock ballast don't seem to have the wave hacknslash has
    PS what program does she use for editing?
    Last edited by jimmsch; 08-23-2020 at 06:38 PM.
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

Here's some video footage from yesterday on the Neo. At times you can see that damn scar form on the top of my wave. Other times it goes away. Any ideas what is causing that and my wave to change shape at times? I wonder if my plates are moving or something. Even though we only were able to go to the lake for a few hours before storms and water conditions turned to crap we still had a great time. My daughter cracks me up with these little hidden cameos she puts into the videos lol.

Might be a dumb question, but does it show up when the water is rough? Might changes as the boat rocks, but then goes back to normal pretty quickly.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    Might be a dumb question, but does it show up when the water is rough? Might changes as the boat rocks, but then goes back to normal pretty quickly.

I'm thinking it might be related to that now that you mention it. The cleanest wave I've ever had was in a nice secluded cove but it was kind of small so you could only go so far before having to turn around. Everywhere else we are usually on big water so it's not the smoothest. You can hear and see the boat rock so perhaps that is the issue. We don't have the luxury of hitting the lakes early or late in the day unfortunately and this year there has been so much boat traffic i'm guessing due to covid and all the boat sales. about 3-4x more boats than in years past.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by jimmsch View Post
    hack's Max has the best wave I have ever seen behind a Max and I have been in close to a dozen of them. Even the 2021 with the 4000 lbs stock ballast don't seem to have the wave hacknslash has
    PS what program does she use for editing?
    Unfortunately I'm having to use the GoPro app for editing as my only way to upload. My wife and daughter recently got me a Hero 8 for Father's day to replace my aging Hero 4. Only problem is I shoot in 2.7k or 4k so Youtube will give a better compression from the higher bit rate but the downside is I can't edit videos on my computer since it requires Windows 10 at those resolutions due to HEVC codec. The GoPro app isn't bad and will quickly make a montage or "story" as they call it in the app. It's a bit over the top that what I would normally edit but at least I can get some footage off the camera for now. I need to get another SSD and then I will forcefully accept Windows 10 in my life. I have it at work and hate it!
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I'm thinking it might be related to that now that you mention it. The cleanest wave I've ever had was in a nice secluded cove but it was kind of small so you could only go so far before having to turn around. Everywhere else we are usually on big water so it's not the smoothest. You can hear and see the boat rock so perhaps that is the issue. We don't have the luxury of hitting the lakes early or late in the day unfortunately and this year there has been so much boat traffic i'm guessing due to covid and all the boat sales. about 3-4x more boats than in years past.
    I bet that is the issue if your hear a change in exhaust noise also. Mine does the same thing when the boat rocks from a wave.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

Found some nice water this weekend!

Here’s a rare picture of me. Been a few years. Big boat will still get up and move when you want it to.

2021 Makai