Page 69 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    That really does look sharp. I may have to follow your lead on that one.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I’ll grab some pics of the inside looking out tomorrow should be out for a night ride at some point this weekend that will be the real test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Default Mojo and bow steps

Hi guys. I am excited for my Mojo to arrive. It is supposed to spray in June. It will be the popular Pacific Blue similar to the recent posts/builds on this thread. The blue on the interior looks so good!

My question relates to bow steps. My dealer said they are not an option for the Mojo trailer. Has anyone added bow steps to their boat mate trailer with the Mojo? I would love this option for solo launching.
    2021 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by Folsom-local View Post
    Hi guys. I am excited for my Mojo to arrive. It is supposed to spray in June. It will be the popular Pacific Blue similar to the recent posts/builds on this thread. The blue on the interior looks so good!

My question relates to bow steps. My dealer said they are not an option for the Mojo trailer. Has anyone added bow steps to their boat mate trailer with the Mojo? I would love this option for solo launching.
    Someone posted on Facebook, these are the steps they used. https://easystepsystem.com/

Check the Facebook group if you are on there.

On May 21st. Search for the topic Adding Bow Steps. Lots of information there.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Pulled the rear bag and did some measurements. It appears the rear bags are 1,250# each and the front would then be 1,500# to make up the 4,000 total.

Dimensions were 22 high 36 long and 20 wide body and 61 long 20 wide and 9 high on the arm that goes up under the midship subfloor.

You can add approx 9-10” of height if you take out the rear bin and leave a vent hose on the top. I assumed the bag was 24” wide earlier when I was hoping for 350-400# per side. However you are only adding 200-250 per side if maxed out every inch of height. These would run you 1,300 with fittings etc, this doesn’t seem cost effective to me. You would be better off running lead for the 500#

If you wanted to just add a small bag on top of the current bag it would gain you 165-175# each side and to me is not worth the cost of $600.

If you throw another midship bag on top of the floor under the seats you can squeeze an instock 60x20x8 bag in there. However there is a seat support that runs right down the middle of the bag and it is 8.125” off the floor on mine so I would want to put some type of foam or rubber guard on it so it didn’t cut the bag. By doing that you could add 400# on each side for 159 each bag. Or do a custom bag that is that would add 325-350# it would run 260 each bag but you wouldn’t have to worry about the seat support rubbing the bag, or you just don’t fill the 8” bag completely full.

Cost wise I think adding the midship bag is the best route as you can add 750-800# for under $400. You could even plumb it in using the top of the rear bag or there are ports on the front of the arms under the subfloor that you can tie into. Downside is you lose that storage when surfing, I currently have 150# of lead there so I already have lost lost some storage there.

I am a little sad the rear can’t get you 350-400# per side but glad the factory used as much space as they did.

If you instead wanted to do a bag on the floor you could be as cheap as $175 for a bag and pump that would get you the same 800#

I sent skiers choice an email a couple of months ago regarding the size of the stock bag. Their response was "The standard rear bags for the 2021 Mojo weigh approximately 1350 lbs each. The dimensions are 103"x21.5"x24"." This doesn't make a lot sense since the we know the bags run underneath the seats. They also mentioned if you designed a custom bag and filled the rear locker completely you could get between 250lbs and 300lbs extra on each side.

1350 lbs equates to 162 gallons of water which required 37,474 cubic inches of volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Folsom-local View Post

I was worried about not having the steps but I dropped my truck tailgate and it worked great to step in to the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree if you don’t use a top vent line you could get another 2 inches and you would be close to 300 each side. The cost to me is not worth it. Cheaper to get 600# of lead to throw back there.

Sleek do you have your calcs on a spreadsheet or Google doc you can share? Im just about finished my 10hour burn in and I'll post some vids/pics tomorrow but I feel like there was way more space than 9" when I filled mine.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods