Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wake Forest, NC
    Posts
    703

    Default Garmin Watch with Fusion HU

    Has anyone tried using a Garmin watch linked to the Fusion headunit to control audio while surfing? It works via ANT and not Bluetooth so in theory I could be playing audio with my phone in the boat, and control the volume and track on a watch while behind the boat.

    Iím guessing mine isnít the only wife who forgets to crank the volume or skip to a better song when sheís pulling me hahaha
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Georgetown, TX
    Posts
    66

    Default

    I didnt think about using my watch. I will try it out tomorrow. My phone is pretty quick about syncing my watch if it goes out of range. I will say it is nice when I ride on my friends t22 that has a watch that controls the volume, surf gates to switch sides, and adjust the wedge.

    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    226

    Default

    I have a Galaxy watch that I can use to control the radio, gopro, ect. I stopped wearing it when I surf tho. It works well, BUT when I fall out of the wave, it starts making noise thru the speakers from disconnecting, and reconnecting because of the distance.
    2019' Moomba Max


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Georgetown, TX
    Posts
    66

    Default

    The galaxy watch is what I tried out today. It worked good, I did not experience that noise from connecting and reconnecting, it just kept playing the music. I have a s9 phone. I am pretty confident that if you removed the notification it would not do that. It was pretty seamless as far as connecting and reconnecting after being picked up. The only hassle I had which can be fixed is the music app was at the very end so I had to swipe a lot to get to it and with wet hands it sometimes didnt respond properly. I will continue using it until I figure something nothing else out.

    I am going to try waterproofing the fusion bluetooth remote and then glue a clip to it so I can clip it to the belt on a life jacket. Then I dont have to worry about wet hands controlling the touch screen and it will be easy to clip it to anybodies lifejacket. I am just unsure how well it will connect and reconnect when a rider falls. Thinking about it, I guess that would be pretty easy to test while my boat is on the trailer. Probably be best before spending time waterproofing it. I will report back.

    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Georgetown, TX
    Posts
    66

    Default

    The fusion remote works unbelievably well. The controls are instant with little delay and the range on it is insane. In my driveway I was able to control it about 100' away and then it lost connection. When you get close you just push a button and it reconnects in about 5 seconds. Definetely going to be using this from now on. Now just need to waterproof the back of it it since it says it is water resistant and then decide if I want to attach it to a wrist strap or a clip. Seems a little big for wrist strap but would be easier to control then attached to jacket via clip. I had some go pro accessories laying around but think I will order something a little better.

    Could just use one of those waterproof cell phone case/bags and clip it to jacket.

    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by htfit; 05-30-2020 at 04:45 PM.
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I've used a Fenix watch with Fusion head unit, worked great. Would always lose connection when going in the water though, understandably.
    2017 Moomba Helix

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wake Forest, NC
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htfit View Post
    The fusion remote works unbelievably well. The controls are instant with little delay and the range on it is insane. In my driveway I was able to control it about 100' away and then it lost connection. When you get close you just push a button and it reconnects in about 5 seconds. Definetely going to be using this from now on. Now just need to waterproof the back of it it since it says it is water resistant and then decide if I want to attach it to a wrist strap or a clip. Seems a little big for wrist strap but would be easier to control then attached to jacket via clip. I had some go pro accessories laying around but think I will order something a little better.

    Could just use one of those waterproof cell phone case/bags and clip it to jacket.

    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Great find with that ANT remote!
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Georgetown, TX
    Posts
    66

    Default

    It's like a big smart watch. I have skinny wrists so it looks really big.

    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wake Forest, NC
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htfit View Post
    It's like a big smart watch. I have skinny wrists so it looks really big.

    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    That works! I ordered on from amazon, hopefully it comes with the wrist strap
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htfit View Post
    The galaxy watch is what I tried out today. It worked good, I did not experience that noise from connecting and reconnecting, it just kept playing the music. I have a s9 phone. I am pretty confident that if you removed the notification it would not do that. It was pretty seamless as far as connecting and reconnecting after being picked up. The only hassle I had which can be fixed is the music app was at the very end so I had to swipe a lot to get to it and with wet hands it sometimes didnt respond properly. I will continue using it until I figure something nothing else out.

    I am going to try waterproofing the fusion bluetooth remote and then glue a clip to it so I can clip it to the belt on a life jacket. Then I dont have to worry about wet hands controlling the touch screen and it will be easy to clip it to anybodies lifejacket. I am just unsure how well it will connect and reconnect when a rider falls. Thinking about it, I guess that would be pretty easy to test while my boat is on the trailer. Probably be best before spending time waterproofing it. I will report back.

    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Duh...your prob right. I should of already thought of that lol. I give it a try.
    2019' Moomba Max


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •