Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 SE push?

Oops. For some reason I can’t edit from my phone. Meant to say at end that wife and son hate the steepness of G23 and I don’t want to pay that much either.

ChuckB, please let me know how the SL compares.

trace, do you add any lead or just use stock ballast. do you wakeboard? curious how long it takes for the boat to plane both will ballast full and ballast empty. I saw a youtube review that said 18 seconds to plane with full ballast which would make it the slowest planing boat on the market so I'm thinking they had the wrong prop or were not using the launch system with all the rear plates down. curious what your experience is.
    2020 Supra SE 450

Sorry Tre, we don't wakeboard so I can't answer your time to plane loaded question. I have put it on plane fully loaded and the wake looked HUGE all the way up to 25mph.

ChuckB, no I wouldn't expect the waves to be similar with no lead. The G23 surf system has limited growth capability, just like the surfgate systems, meaning you start adding ballast and you'll hit a knee in the curve where the wave won't continue to grow in size while you keep adding more weight, the supra system just keeps growing in size as you throw more weight at it.

I will say one thing that seems to get overlooked is every boat has a different wave shape and the riders skill and technique to max utilize each of those waves is different, meaning your surfing technique can have a big impact on your perception of a particular wave unless you spend a lot of time on it. I'm not surprised your 245 lb friend used to riding his steep faced G23 wave had trouble on a stock SE wave.
    2019 SUPRA SE 450
    2015 Tige Z1 (SOLD)
    2014 Tige Z1 (SOLD)
    2012 Yamaha 212SS (SOLD)
    2008 Yamaha AR210 (SOLD)

Trace, how much lead are you talking? Would you suggest 1000 lbs or something?

I was in a 2020 SE last night for a demo ride. It had 800# of lead and a crew of 8-10 people. It was not that steep faced wave as a G, but the push of the wave made me align my stance/feet a little different the board. Push was sending me to the back of the boat depending how I rode down the wave. I'm 235# and it did take a few pulls to start to understand how to ride it - just different from what I used to. Wish I had more time.

Also got to ride a 2018 SL that afternoon (good day for me) Very clean wave with 3 people and 1000# of lead.

The SE is great but just too big for me. With that 8-10 crew, there will still plenty of room and nobody was cramped.
    With 100% weight, they do take some time to plane out.

I also got to ride in the 2019 Fi25 Centurion that day - not surfing. That is a longer wave and adjustable, but I it was also running 5K ballast. The SE was much nicer overall.
    2018 Supra SL400

Fi wave is incredible, but the bow rise was a deal killer for me.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    Fi wave is incredible, but the bow rise was a deal killer for me.
    Good point. Once the boat started moving, I was too busy looking back at that wave action, Ha Ha.
    The dealer did all the driving and controls, I was just along for the ride.
    2018 Supra SL400

So I know this is a Supra/Moomba forum, but the $1,000,000 question...................given the choice between Nautique G23 or Supra SL loaded with the 450 motor for at least $25,000 less (with adequate lead). We surf 90% and throw kids around on the tube the rest of the time. Never wakeboard, at least not so far. I did a demo behind a Malibu 23 MXZ and the wave was great, but the finish out was "okay-ish" but nothing like the G23 or Supra. I didn't like the Mastercraft at all. So it's down to the Supra SL or G23. I honestly can't decide and don't have a way to demo an SL with lead.....1) I don't have lead and 2) No SL's in stock at the dealer here in Austin.

I know kids love to tube, but I cringe at the idea of using a SL or G for tubing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Tubes - many on here will complain about them and the gas consumption they use, but the kids love them.

I forgot my tube the last time out (really did) and there were some frowns on the little faces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400