Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

i run the 1140s from Wakemakers...I would recommend the 910s though as they won't put as much stress on your engine panels. Here is what I would do if I were to do it again on my 2017:

1) 910 Wakemaker Bags
    2) 500 lbs of Leadwake that I run under the surf side seats.(Sometimes I will move 150 lbs to the nose if we want longer skim style board)
    3) I took and old 650 lbs bag and run it on the floor infront of the rear seats with a Tsunami Juiced Pump(This is not necessary...but it makes a wave have more push and height with only 2 people in the boat)
    4) I list it pretty heavy on goofy wave by running the non goofy rear tank at ~60% full.(Speed 11.1-11.2)

5) On regular side surf I basically run equal weight in the rear bags and just move lead over to surf side.(Typically run 10.9 on regular)
    6) I typically run trim tab at 25% and try to move weight up front vs. jacking it up for a longer wave.

Without the 650 lbs bag...everybody has to be seated in the right spots on the boat...when I fill that bag...people get less annoyed with me ordering them around on exactly where they need to sit.
    2017 Mondo

I'm not sure there is 1 perfect board. Do you have a local board shop? Find one that demos boards and ride a few. Have them look at your physical size, style, and skill. They'll match you with a board that's rides right for you. In North Georgia, Pull Watersports is my shop.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    -Blaine

2019 Makai
    2013 LSV (sold)
    1997 Bayliner 1850 (sold)

I don't have anyone locally. Just heard doomswell is top notch and started with a good board.

I am looking at the 910's does anyone know if i will need new connectors as well or will they fit what i have?
    2019 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
    I don't have anyone locally. Just heard doomswell is top notch and started with a good board.

I am looking at the 910's does anyone know if i will need new connectors as well or will they fit what i have?
    Where are you located? May e someone here has a suggestion...

-Blaine

2019 Makai
    2013 LSV (sold)

If you buy the Wakemakers kit...they come with all the Moomba specific fittings and replacement hoses. If you are unsure...message the WM team...they are awesome!
    2017 Mondo

Give WM a call they will answer all your questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

The crew at wakemakers are top notch. But it's no substitute for riding different boards. Can you spend a weekend somewhere near a good shop?

-Blaine

2019 Makai
    2013 LSV (sold)

I have always been successful using Autowake right from day one with my Mondo.... you might want to give it a try.

All ballast is stock:
    650 rears
    500 mid
    500 bow

I turn on Autowake with the factory settings (could be backwards):
    Regular - 9 pitch & 5 roll
    Goofy - 9 pitch & -3 roll
    Center plate - 25%
    Speed 10.8

My cousin and I started surfing this past July and both of us have gone rope less from our second run. Im 64 245 (regular rider) and my cousin is 6 215 (goofy rider). Tons of push and we can move front to back within the wave without any problems.

I have a 54 Brigade Surf Couch.

These pics were taken with 2 adults and 3 teenagers in the boat.

Me:

Cousin:

Wave:

2017 Moomba Mondo
    2000 Moomba Kamberra > Traded

No wonder. That board is massive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

i do know the board has something to do with it. I have a Ronix power tail, 4'8" Neo. The power tail gets me closer than the neo to be honest which was surprising. I don't have any shops near me but plan to work with my dealer to see if they demo boards.
    2019 Mondo