I am the proud new owner of an exceptionally well maintained mobius lsv, has roughly 300 hours on it. The guy before me (single owner) took almost OCD level of care for it. Anyway, the only thing he never used was the ballast system. He was primarily into wakeboarding versus I like to surf and wakeboard. I’m not sure if the ballast system is original to the boat but it hasn’t been touched in 10 years prior to my getting the boat. It has two 350 pound ballast bladders in the rear lockers and a 400 ish bag in the ski locker, it has 2 switches below the throttle that control it (original single ballast switch on dash disconnected). The issue with it is that regardless of which switch you flip to fill, it kinda fills them all equally and slowly. Also it will occasionally throw some sort of breaker? And the entire boat it self will die in the water and not restart or show any electrical activity at all for 2 minutes (freaked me out the first time). It also drains incredibly slowly. (It has a hole it drains out of similar to bilge but on the port side). I’m pretty sure the pumps aren’t reversible as it uses different ones to fill versus to empty. Did I mention it leaks? The bilge runs a lot when you are filling the ballast. I’ve only tried filling them about 3 times and have now realized that I really need to replace it.

Wondering how much poundage to replace it with etc. I’m wanting a safe reliable fast way to make an awesome wake. I was thinking 1000 pounds in both rear lockers, 400-500 in the ski locker, and 400-500 bow bags under the front seats. Anyway have experience with a similar age boat? Is there a limit to how much ballast I should put on it?

Here is a picture of me surfing the wake as it is- barely able to stay in the pocket even with my monstrous board, granted I am 6’3”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk