Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    728

    Default 15x13 or 15x12 Prop

    I currently run the OJ 945 which is a 15x13. Would I gain much by getting a 15x12 prop. I run a lot of weight and noticed my RPMs running pretty high. Thought this might help. Plus I haven't spent much money on the boat this year.
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    156

    Default

    15x12 you will run higher RPMs. I run a ACME 2313 which is a 15 x 12 but with .150 cup to keep the RPMs down some at higher speeds. Switching from a 15 x 13 to a 15 x 12 will get you more torque and low end power and sacrifice top end speed.
    2016 Craz

  3. #3

    Default

    When weighted down and surfing what rpms is everyone else turning

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcjimmy33 View Post
    15x12 you will run higher RPMs. I run a ACME 2313 which is a 15 x 12 but with .150 cup to keep the RPMs down some at higher speeds. Switching from a 15 x 13 to a 15 x 12 will get you more torque and low end power and sacrifice top end speed.
    You will likely run lower rpms surfing though, because the engine doesn't have to work as hard and the prop isn't "slipping" as much.
    2014 Moomba Mondo

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sickpainter18 View Post
    When weighted down and surfing what rpms is everyone else turning
    Depends on the size crew on board. At 11.2 I'm between 3300 and 3600 rpm.
    2014 Moomba Mondo

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    Depends on the size crew on board. At 11.2 I'm between 3300 and 3600 rpm.
    Thatís what I am running. Just didnít know if the 13 to 12 pitch would make that much of a difference.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post
    Thatís what I am running. Just didnít know if the 13 to 12 pitch would make that much of a difference.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I tried both, preferred the 15x12. Engine didn't seem to work as hard at a given rpm.
    2014 Moomba Mondo

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    Depends on the size crew on board. At 11.2 I'm between 3300 and 3600 rpm.
    We are running about 4,000 rpms is that too high?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sickpainter18 View Post
    We are running about 4,000 rpms is that too high?
    That's pretty high. What prop do you have?
    2014 Moomba Mondo

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    That's pretty high. What prop do you have?
    OJ 945 15x13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •