Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    185

    Default

    my solution was never to own a yeti. All i need is one day of cold beer, then i can restock for the next day. The cooler is usually empty by end of business. i just can't understand the need for a heavy roto cooler unless i was out in the wilderness without ice, water or electricity for more than one day. then i agree with a cooler that holds ice longer. But for the boat? sorry, off topic

    the suggestion of a cable lock around the seat base makes the most sense.
    2019 Mondo

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    Put 200# of leadwake in the bottom under the ice, when thief tries to deadlift it, he is likely a pussy and will blow a nut.

    Problem solved when you find an asshole with a hernia laying in your boat.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Put 200# of leadwake in the bottom under the ice, when thief tries to deadlift it, he is likely a pussy and will blow a nut.

    Problem solved when you find an asshole with a hernia laying in your boat.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wonder what the insulation values are for steel shot....

    Like if you took the foam out and filled with BBs.

    New product coming soon....

    Cold Wake°....ballast for your beverages. (Patent Pending)

    Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf MAX Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    4,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Lake Tahoe - 6200 feet elevation
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Put 200# of leadwake in the bottom under the ice, when thief tries to deadlift it, he is likely a pussy and will blow a nut.

    Problem solved when you find an asshole with a hernia laying in your boat.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Forget the lead just fill the sucker up. Those things are all back breakers to move even empty.... I just run a cable lock or bike lock through the handle if you dead set on locking it up.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    5,256

    Default

    we have a yeti that I got as a gift 2 years ago. never opened. don't even know what it looks like as it's still in the box. sure it's a nice cooler but our current whip has a built in cooler that drains into the boat and we have a couple hardside and softside that fit the bill nicely. I'll probably use it at some point as ice goes quickly in the 110deg sun here in the desert.

    on an unrelated topic pabst is welcome for us anytime but the bells would have to stay in the car. lakes out west are primarily reservoirs under federal ownership that have a strict ban on any glass on the water. we follow out of courtesy to someone who may step on it later in life.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    lakes out west are primarily reservoirs under federal ownership that have a strict ban on any glass on the water. we follow out of courtesy to someone who may step on it later in life.
    I'm not sure if Texas has a mandate but one of my hard rules is no glass on the boat.

    Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf MAX Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    4,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    s.e. washington state
    Posts
    3,062

    Default

    Harbor freight security cables. You pick the length. Run it through everything laying out. I used to put the bow cover on and shove everything underneath it. The cables coil up nice and are rubber coated.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,075

    Default How would you lock your Yeti cooler?

    Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    we have a yeti that I got as a gift 2 years ago. never opened. don't even know what it looks like as it's still in the box. sure it's a nice cooler but our current whip has a built in cooler that drains into the boat and we have a couple hardside and softside that fit the bill nicely. I'll probably use it at some point as ice goes quickly in the 110deg sun here in the desert.

    on an unrelated topic pabst is welcome for us anytime but the bells would have to stay in the car. lakes out west are primarily reservoirs under federal ownership that have a strict ban on any glass on the water. we follow out of courtesy to someone who may step on it later in life.
    Bells comes in cans too.

    I have fished many a bobbing bottle out of the lake, hitting a bottle on plane might leave a mark on the gel coat, although I theorize it would simply get pushed aside.

    I won’t lie, I have had glass on the boat, but prefer cans.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Harbor freight security cables. You pick the length. Run it through everything laying out. I used to put the bow cover on and shove everything underneath it. The cables coil up nice and are rubber coated.
    I agree with this. Most dock thieves are looking for easy targets. Make the lock visible and hope they move on.

    My soft-sided Yeti is awesome. Great gift for the beach and boat.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 Supra SSV 22'

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Bells comes in cans too.

    I have fished many a bobbing bottle out of the lake, hitting a bottle on plane might leave a mark on the gel coat, although I theorize it would simply get pushed aside.

    I won’t lie, I have had glass on the boat, but prefer cans.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •