Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi All,

Tonight I got back in there, found the positive+ground wire was for what I think is my right side ballast pump. Tomorrow I'll be reconnecting and hiding the wire up away from the manifolds, which I think may have caused the wire separation in the first place.

Still nothing on the snap-in wire. It is black & yellow, my first thought was to get underneath the dash but there's multiple yellow wires underneath there, so I will try to trace it back to a switch - somewhere...

---- Where should my blower motor be located? I did as much research as I could, and think it should be on the starboard side under the mufflers, but I couldn't see anything back there - and I hear nothing when I hit my blower motor switch. ----

To be continued!

(Apologies for posting links as opposed to actual pictures, I think I may not have enough posts to add pictures yet)

https://imgur.com/a/QZjuysR
    Last edited by shaneo24; 06-27-2019 at 01:40 AM.

Blower in my '05 is located on the port side. Remove the divider panels to get access. Invest in a wave shaper or build your own "suck gate". You can find plenty of specs on line. Easy DIY project and will make a huge difference in the surf wave. We all surf regular so we have a 750 in the port locker, 400 in the starboard locker, 400 in the floor locker and 300 fixed weight in the front and we have a great wave with our '05 LSV which is the same hull as your '04. We have a separate 400 sack we fill with a tsunami pump and set on the seat but most of the time we don't need it.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

Thanks VA LSV, that info is awesome for helping me figure out what kind of weight setup I should run!

- So I had my first official launch today, a couple of things;
    - Belt needs replaced, was so tight a couple of times the engine wouldn't turn over when we went to restart to surf other spots. I already bought the new belt, just need to install it tomorrow.
    - I did find the blower motor, but it didn't work. Blade was gummy and seized up. Ordered another and will replace asap.
    - Quickly found out how overly complicated the ballast system is. Only a couple of the pumps worked, and since each has a one-way pump, there's 6 I guess? - so that should be fun. I'm looking at this Wakemakers system upgrade, seems like an all-in-one package to fix the issue and upgrade the pumps to the brass reversible pumps (like sandm eluded to earlier this week!).
    - Carb needs tuned - hate carbs. (insert EFI conversion wishes & eye roll here).
    - Had a bit higher idle than I'd like, v-drive light was on as a result. Might be the TPS, could just be an adjustment, oil is new so I rechecked level and that's fine, pressure seemed fine according to the gauge (right in the middle all day at 40 I believe). Could also just be another effect of needing a carb tuning. Will check v-drive oil tomorrow as well, didn't want to check while we were out on the water and forgot to check when we got off the water as I know you should check it while the engine's warm.

Any advice and help to work through these troubleshooting & fixes would be greatly appreciated!

Since I can't post an obligatory picture, here's an obligatory link :/

https://imgur.com/a/aBFHHJW