Default Subwoofer issue issue ...18 mondo

I’m having some issues with the sub under the drivers It’s getting this static noise even when music isn’t playing and the subwoofer itself is moving. I have some video of it too if anyone thinks they can help. Let me know what you think

A non mechanical noise, as in unwanted reproduction is odd from a woofer as they are typically filtered out. Yes, post the vid.

With the stereo off, unplug what ever RCA's supply the woofer chnls, then power on. This gives you an idea as to whether its coming to the amp or being generated by the amp or down stream.

Also, with system off, use both hands all fingers spread out and gently push the cone in and then let it out and listen and feel for a mechanical sound that might be what you are hearing while playing it.

I sent you a private message. I couldn’t attach the file here

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    A non mechanical noise, as in unwanted reproduction is odd from a woofer as they are typically filtered out. Yes, post the vid.

With the stereo off, unplug what ever RCA's supply the woofer chnls, then power on. This gives you an idea as to whether its coming to the amp or being generated by the amp or down stream.

Also, with system off, use both hands all fingers spread out and gently push the cone in and then let it out and listen and feel for a mechanical sound that might be what you are hearing while playing it.
    100% agree with everything . When pressing the CONE of the woofer see if you "feel" a grinding when pushing in . After you have checked the RCA cables also pay attention to your ground and power wires

Does this forum format not allow for embedding a youtube?

It’s just a video I took from my iPhone. The woofer moves even as the static is coming through.

Yeah. Upload to youtube, then copy html and past between the brackets and you get the vid here without actually uploading to this site.