Can anyone on here offer any insights into what I知 getting myself in to with a plan to replace all of my factory speaker cables and RCA cables from the helm to the passenger locker?

This plan is part of a bigger upgrade of my batteries, amps and head unit. I figure while I知 spending time in that locker I might as well improve my signal cables. Is this more trouble than its worth? How difficult is it to pull new, larger gauge wires throughout the boat (16 Craz)?

My current head unit (MS-RA205) is driving two amps using just the Zone 1 RCA outputs. That means I have no separate zones for tower and cabin which frustrates me when out in the water. The sub is driven by a separate amp using the sub RCA output.

I plan on replacing the head unit with an MS-RA70N which will have 3 pairs of RCA outputs (z1, z2 & sub). I see lots of people saying they route their cables around the bow, but has anyone successfully fished new cables through the bilge instead? Ian that where the factory RCA cable(s) are routed?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk