Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    of course our trails haven’t been dry in 4+ months now.
    This weather pattern we have been in has been awful for the trails. The lakes are all full so we should be thankful for that no doubt. The weekends are decent but everything is too wet to ride from the rain in the middle of the week. Hence the reason I am going fishing tomorrow! Last time I was able to get a ride in on the trails down here was Dec. 23rd. Been hitting the pavement in the mornings to still get some exercise in....I might have to look into this tortoise theory LOL
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

If you’re a mountain bike guy I’m always looking for people to ride with.. I’ll shoot ya a PM with my number if you’re interested.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    If you’re a mountain bike guy I’m always looking for people to ride with.. I’ll shoot ya a PM with my number if you’re interested.
    Ya definitely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Ya definitely!

I onewheel, rock climb and snowboard to keep in shape, more fun than just hitting the gym. I'm old, 45..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    I onewheel, rock climb and snowboard to keep in shape, more fun than just hitting the gym. I'm old, 45..
    Does powered skateboarding have a ton of workout value?

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Does powered skateboarding have a ton of workout value?

My girl friend used to say that same quote: "How can you be so tired after surfing or onewheeling?" Now that she Onewheels/Surfs/snowboards, its the best to call her out on that, she'll never live that down..hahaha

Just like surfing or any activity for that matter, If you're staying in one spot not moving around surfing it's pretty easy and you can ride all day. However, for me that's pretty boring, I rarely go in straight lines surfing, Onewheeling or snowboarding, the fun of it is moving around and pushing the limits, carving, jumping ,off road, on road. The activity doesn't make it fun or a workout, you do and how you do it does. If you want to progress in any board/balance related sport cross training is key. I ride my onewheel year round, 1200+ miles this year, I can feel/see the improvements on my wake surf skills not to mention I stay in shape instead of having to get in shape.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    My girl friend used to say that same quote: "How can you be so tired after surfing or onewheeling?" Now that she Onewheels/Surfs/snowboards, its the best to call her out on that, she'll never live that down..hahaha

Just like surfing or any activity for that matter, If you're staying in one spot not moving around surfing it's pretty easy and you can ride all day. However, for me that's pretty boring, I rarely go in straight lines surfing, Onewheeling or snowboarding, the fun of it is moving around and pushing the limits, carving, jumping ,off road, on road. The activity doesn't make it fun or a workout, you do and how you do it does. If you want to progress in any board/balance related sport cross training is key. I ride my onewheel year round, 1200+ miles this year, I can feel/see the improvements on my wake surf skills not to mention I stay in shape instead of having to get in shape.
    Roger that. I had a OneWheel for 1500 miles. Loved it. Got into a Trampa Urban Carver with a lot longer range which I really enjoy—I like going for long rips with tunes in the ears. My feet do get tired after a long ride for sure.

You must be naturally in shape! It def would not keep me in shape by itself. You’re winning! I have become an Orange Theory guy after a decade of crossfitting. Same as you—older than most at 44.