Hi everyone. Me and my wife are looking to buy our first wakesurfing boat. We live on a relatively small lake (~235 acres). I have a fair amount of surfing experience, my wife has next to none. We no longer live near anywhere that I can go out surfing, so wakesurfing was my next logical step. I want to essentially get the best wake for my dollar. I would love a boat I can grow with, something we can do a nice beginner wave size for my wife and larger for me. I don't really care about fancy interior or having a bumping audio system.
Since we're on a smaller lake I feel like a 22' or larger boat might be a bit overkill, but if it's a necessity for a good wave I would bite the bullet. I've been looking at the helix (adding on all the wake modifying options) and it's right around the price range I was thinking. Would a helix be a good boat for what we're looking for? Or are there any other make/models I should be looking at? We're going to be heading to a boat show this weekend to get some more information.
Thanks!