Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: Warranty

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    604

    Default Warranty

    I have my 2017 moomba in the shop right now for some items you would think would be covered under warranty. Started reading the warranty document on the website and although itís 5 year not much is covered under it. To many exclusions. We will see what gets covered and what doesnít.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 98outback View Post
    I have my 2017 moomba in the shop right now for some items you would think would be covered under warranty. Started reading the warranty document on the website and although itís 5 year not much is covered under it. To many exclusions. We will see what gets covered and what doesnít.
    What kind of issues have you run into with your '17?

    I need to drop mine at the dealer for a new head unit, the volume knob stopped working.

    Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWakeô
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,886

    Default

    In for list of things not covered.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SA 400
    Michigan

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    604

    Default

    Not sure if they will be covered. Dealer said they donít think so. My boat is only in the weather when it is in the water on the weekends during the summer. Itís a 2017 Mojo. Purchased end of May 2017.

    Center windshield uneven.
    Black rubber in frame around glass coming out. Reported this last year.
    Front 2 steps on bow the material coming up.
    Swim deck pad coming up. Same material as bow.

    Also had a chirp sound when accelerating going from reverse to neutral to forward and accelerating. Shaft out of alignment. No problem with this as it states check alignment yearly. I accept this and knew it going in.

    Like I said. Not sure what these pads are glued down with but if I had known this I would have reported at beginning of summer before a year was up. Just thought I would wait til end of summer to put it in for these issues.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    280

    Default

    This is discouraging since most of the competition has a 5 yr bumper to bumper from what i understand. Hopefully your dealer is good enough to realize they need to take care of it.
    2019 Mondo

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    What kind of issues have you run into with your '17?

    I need to drop mine at the dealer for a new head unit, the volume knob stopped working.

    Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    Our volume knob is acting up too. Iím not very impressed with the fusion head units at all. Wish the WS one would fit and swap out easily.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

    2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420.

    SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    604

    Default

    I guess itís somewhat my fault. Dealer kept telling us 5 year bow to stern but the are so many exclusions. We also got the 2 additional years on power train though since I put a deposit during boat show time.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Our volume knob is acting up too. Iím not very impressed with the fusion head units at all. Wish the WS one would fit and swap out easily.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ditto, having issues with the fusion transom remote too...it works in a spotty fashion.

    I saw WS has released a new smaller form head unit but Ioses 4 zone control and a bunch of other stuff.

    I don't know who else does a transom remote in similar dimensions that wouldn't require mods or a fascia plate of some sort.

    Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWakeô
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Ditto, having issues with the fusion transom remote too...it works in a spotty fashion.

    I saw WS has released a new smaller form head unit but Ioses 4 zone control and a bunch of other stuff.

    I don't know who else does a transom remote in similar dimensions that wouldn't require mods or a fascia plate of some sort.

    Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    I had a transom remote on our last Supra and had to change it a couple times over the time we had it. Every time they changed the design or size so had to modify fiberglass someway to make them fit. Opted to go without a transom remote this time for that reason.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 98outback View Post
    I had a transom remote on our last Supra and had to change it a couple times over the time we had it. Every time they changed the design or size so had to modify fiberglass someway to make them fit. Opted to go without a transom remote this time for that reason.
    ^^ I agree with this. Pain in the butt when they go out. Not a fan.
    2018 Supra SL400

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •