Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Edo88 View Post
    Worst one was when the board came up and split my fore head open that was on bshares boat a few years ago now when I fall I try to cover my head
    Getting hit by the bird is the only free pass I give out. The rest of the claims are on par with flamboyant soccer fouls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Getting hit by the bird is the only free pass I give out. The rest of the claims are on par with flamboyant soccer fouls.

Meh.. Depends on ability, once you get bored of going up and down the wave and progress to tricks you'll change your mind. Hitting your head 10 times wakesurfing is equal to one wakeboard edge head smack. My neck and top of my head take the brunt of falls.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Meh.. Depends on ability, once you get bored of going up and down the wave and progress to tricks you'll change your mind. Hitting your head 10 times wakesurfing is equal to one wakeboard edge head smack. My neck and top of my head take the brunt of falls.
    I am always trying to get air and do spins, so I’m not just plodding along trying to stay on the wave. Still even taking a board to the head and getting bruised legs Friday m fin hits doesn’t compare to catching an edge while throwing a tantrum or a back roll. Not even close!!

2017 Moomba Craz

I am always trying to get air and do spins, so I’m not just plodding along trying to stay on the wave. Still even taking a board to the head and getting bruised legs Friday m fin hits doesn’t compare to catching an edge while throwing a tantrum or a back roll. Not even close!!

Guess everyone pull their junk out and let’s see who’s got the biggest now

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

Quote Originally Posted by Edo88 View Post
    Guess everyone pull their junk out and let’s see who’s got the biggest now

Nope, never wakeboarding again. The last time I crashed I felt every bone in my spine sperate and then smacked the back of my head on the water.. Nope.. Nope.. Lol

Nope, never wakeboarding again. The last time I crashed I felt every bone in my spine sperate and then smacked the back of my head on the water.. Nope.. Nope.. Lol

2017 Moomba Craz

I’m 55. The only water sport I wear a helmet for is wakeboarding. I’ve had too many back edge catches with concussion grade hits. I do watch my face on all wipeouts- kneeboarding, slalom, surf... we’ve had some black eyes too.

2014 Moomba Monda, 5.7 L
    1996 VIP Vision 183 / Mercruiser 3.0LX (retired)
    Primary interest Freestyle Slalom, Vintage skis

Not saying they are 1 for 1. Wake surfing wipeouts are smaller impacts and you think oh that wasnt so bad and repeat it 10 times all those mini concussions add up to the same as a big one.

Agreed....I have been surfing for about 5 years now and never seen a bad fall even come close to a Wakeboard wipeout....some one needs to start the best wipeout thread. I have never seen stars, had the wind knocked out of me, come up holding my back, knee, or any other extremity. I seem to do all of those at leas once per year wakeboarding.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Never had a bad surf wipeout compared to wakboarding, skiing, or barefooting. Not even close!
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190