Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder Max Mods

Hybrid View

Next up....sound deadener. I used it on the underside of the engine tray, sides of the dividers in the engine compartment, under the v-drive cover and midship floor panel. I’m not sure how well it’ll do with the heat in the engine compartment but I tested a bit with a torch and think it’ll do fine.

In hindsight I probably should have used this in the engine compartment: Car Insulation - 4' x 10' Roll (40 Sqft) Sound Deadener & Heat Barrier Mat - Automotive Lightweight Thermal Insulation https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016QUS1YE..._rzSyCb4FET75A
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

extra ballast right there
    2018 Supra SL400

I plan to do sound deadener in the engine compartment as well. Let us know how well it quiets down the engine.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    I plan to do sound deadener in the engine compartment as well. Let us know how well it quiets down the engine.
    I will definitely report back.

When I was putting the v-drive cover back on I noticed a nice gap between it and the vertical wall. The light shined through like this all the way across the top.

So I found a window seal at ace and secured it with glue and stainless staples. Seems to do the job!

2018 Murder Max

Nice find with fixing that gap! Can't wait to hear your thoughts how the deadening material performs.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

So would these be the updated bags? I forgot to check my build date on the boat.
    bag.jpg
    2018 Max - Wetsounds - Wake Makers upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Kxmoomba View Post
    So would these be the updated bags? I forgot to check my build date on the boat.
    bag.jpg
    I can’t tell in that pic. Do they each have a pair of plugs close together on the bow side at the bottom?
    2018 Murder Max

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    I can’t tell in that pic. Do they each have a pair of plugs close together on the bow side at the bottom?
    yeah so it would be 2 on the bow side and 2 on the rear for a total of 4 on the bottom of the bag.
    2018 Max - Wetsounds - Wake Makers upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Next up....sound deadener. I used it on the underside of the engine tray, sides of the dividers in the engine compartment, under the v-drive cover and midship floor panel. I’m not sure how well it’ll do with the heat in the engine compartment but I tested a bit with a torch and think it’ll do fine.

In hindsight I probably should have used this in the engine compartment: Car Insulation - 4' x 10' Roll (40 Sqft) Sound Deadener & Heat Barrier Mat - Automotive Lightweight Thermal Insulation https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016QUS1YE..._rzSyCb4FET75A

Did you tape it on with thermal tape , or did it require adhesive spray also? I would want the option to be able to remove easily for resale (when / if)?

Did it make a big difference? Thanks!!!
    2021 Mojo
    2018 MAX - sold - 250 hours, absolute awesome boat.

Why would you want to remove for resale? Who wouldn't want a quieter boat?
    2020 Supra SA