Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default 2016 Helix vs 2017 Craz

Below is the break down on the 2 boats I’m looking at with the most notable options for each. The Craz will cost me around 7k more. Obviously, the Craz is bigger with better layout and would prob hold value better, however the Helix is optioned better with autowake, dual bat and audio upgrade. Not to mention a longer warranty and WAY less hours…

2016 Helix: 70 hours, surf edition w/bow bag, 6 year engine warranty left, autowake, wetsounds audio upgrade w/sub, bimini, bow cushion, swivel board racks, dual Bat w/ charger, depth finder, non-skid gunnels.

2017 Craz: 220 hours, 5 year engine, surf edition + 900 rears, Bimini w/surf storage, swivel racks, depth finder, non-skid gunnels, 15x13 Prop.

I’d love any feedback or suggestions on these two…

An extra foot is a ton of room on a boat. My 2 cents. Length always prevails in surfing too. The batterys and audio can easily be added over time. I dont think you are losing anything with the autowake, didnt even realize 16s had it. How does the 16 have a longer warranty than a 17?
    2016 Craz

You're looking at 2 fantastic boats I've had the pleasure on demoing both. I'll start with I think the Helix is a better preforming boat hull wise. You're going to lose a little space but I feel gain it with storage with the deeper boat. Out of the box both wakeboard wakes are fantastic but I feel the Helix wins with better shape and a little steeper. Both feel that they will need extra ballast to get a big pushy surf but the shape with stock was easier to get with the Helix for me. If you ski I would push towards the Craz, I had a family ski it and was sold. Warranty is huge if you're keeping a boat for awhile, most other stuff can be added.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

2016 Helix is a private seller that had the dealer add autowake with there purchase. He bought it in 2017 with a dealer special 7 year engine warranty (6 years left).

2017 Craz is a dealer seller which would take my current trade-in which would save the hassle of selling it myself. Just having a hard time getting over the hours on it...

I would worry a whole lot on the hours , as long as the interior and hull don't show the wear , 220 really isn't a lot especially if you will have 5 years of warranty, the 7 year came with a boat show purchase last year not sure how the craz didn't get , I got a 7 year on mine, but did buy at the boat show, it is hard choice both are nice boats , if you like the layout of the Helix then I would lean more towards it , and you may like the smaller payment. I love our craz and wouldn't trade it for a Helix, just to short me ,the autowake is very handy feature, but you can still function the craz just fine without it.
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

So smaller stock helix with 2100# produced better wave than stock craz with 3000#? That's interesting. I do slalom occasional, but it's surf/wake 95% of the time.

A stock craz for 17 was 2000# add bow sac for 2500# surf max package 3000#
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by jared24 View Post
    So smaller stock helix with 2100# produced better wave than stock craz with 3000#? That's interesting. I do slalom occasional, but it's surf/wake 95% of the time.
    I say the Helix hull threw better shape out of the box. The Craz took a little messing with to get a decent stock wave. Once you learn autowake it's actually very nice.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

I wouldn't let the hours worry you in the least. No reason the drivetrain doesn't last 1k hours. As others have said the interior condition is more important.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz

Helix is a bit ugly ,may out perform but. with a few mods the Craz is way more boat imo