Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    4,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    Would you rather go to bed dirty and fester in your acidic sweaty body all winter long or go to bed in nice fresh clean new jammies sheets and skin?........
    Oh oh. And all these years I've been taking a shower before I got to work, not before I go to bed!!!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...

    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.


    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lake Wylie NC Area
    Posts
    2,079

    Default

    Will the engine disintegrate over winter with old oil in it? nah. Will it really effect its life span? Not really. is used oil corrosive to the soft metals like bearing and pistons, sure. If possible, I do prefer a winter oil change, but I would not lose sleep over one winterizing that the oil didnt get changed.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    London Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Oh oh. And all these years I've been taking a shower before I got to work, not before I go to bed!!!
    Oh yay , now that is a better analogy.
    Last edited by DOCDRS; 11-19-2017 at 11:55 PM.
    09 21v LAUNCH

    99 Outback LS. Sold


    run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    London Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Will the engine disintegrate over winter with old oil in it? nah. Will it really effect its life span? Not really. is used oil corrosive to the soft metals like bearing and pistons, sure. If possible, I do prefer a winter oil change, but I would not lose sleep over one winterizing that the oil didnt get changed.
    I definitely agree with you, but if you are going to spend the time to do it you might as well do it right and know the reasons why. But then again sometimes I get lazy and just change the oil and not the filter.........
    09 21v LAUNCH

    99 Outback LS. Sold


    run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    188

    Default

    anyone know if the Indmar 345hp surf motor on my 2014 Mojo 2.5 has a drain tube, or do I need to use the hose down the dipstick for oil change?
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    anyone know if the Indmar 345hp surf motor on my 2014 Mojo 2.5 has a drain tube, or do I need to use the hose down the dipstick for oil change?
    I believe it should have a drain hose, everyone I have seen has it.
    David

    2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420.

    SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •