Hey guys!

While I'll be scouring the depths of the internet to also find the answer, I'd love some real life insight. The wife and I were discussing moving OUT OF CALIFORNIA in 2-3 years. We want to be somewhere a little bit calmer. A little bit less crazy. Less pollution. And now... less natural disasters. HOWEVER; our ideal move puts us on some sort of LARGE body of water River. Lake. Something. Also, preferably somewhere that the water doesn't FREEZE in the winter. Some snow is cool. We just want to be on the water year around. We'd love some pics of where YOU live and your insight on PROs and CONs. I work in insurance (run a major body shop) so my career should be able to take me anywhere with open positions. My wife is a medical assistant for Kaiser, so she is versatile as well. Budget is $500k-ish on the home, but willing to go lower if available and higher if needed.

Thanks in advance for all your input! pics accompanied by your own feedback would be AWESOME. Also if you're familiar with the collision and medical industries, EVEN BETTER. If you're hiring either of our positions, please also put compensation, moving allowance and a desired move date! HAHA! (But seriously, lemme know!).