Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Default 2019 mojo displacement

I am new to the forum and in the process of dialing in our 2019 mojo and I have a question about displacement. 9 out of 10 times it's only myself and gf on the water so displacement is hard to achieve with only us on the boat, the AMP / "Potential" never makes it to the hashes and it seems to have very little push. Would the easy solution be replacing human weight with lead bags or something similar? ie: 500-600 lb etc on the port side (we all surf port)

ps: I may not be asking this question with the correct forum protocol... my bad

Thanks,
    R

Quote Originally Posted by Chaney44ETX View Post
    I am new to the forum and in the process of dialing in our 2019 mojo and I have a question about displacement. 9 out of 10 times it's only myself and gf on the water so displacement is hard to achieve with only us on the boat, the AMP / "Potential" never makes it to the hashes and it seems to have very little push. Would the easy solution be replacing human weight with lead bags or something similar? ie: 500-600 lb etc on the port side (we all surf port)

ps: I may not be asking this question with the correct forum protocol... my bad

Thanks,
    R
    Iím using a combination of 50 lb bags I can easily move around, and an external bag (650lb Sumo Max) and pump that really helps if there are just a few of us out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Greg
    2018 Moomba Mojo

I believe that boat has 3000lbs ballast standard. You need more weight. Look around and there are tons of threads talking about dialing in wave and the common denominator is to add more ballast. Guys here have at least 4k# of ballast. Your boat has plenty of freeboard and can handle lots more weight. That's what it all boils down to. I would suggest distribute weight evenly and displace as much water as you can get away with and then use your surf tabs , wakeplate and speed to shape the wave. That way it all looks clean and you do not have a ton of tubes and pumps and bags lying around and tripping over. I agree external bags are effective and work well, I just like clean organized look. Plus, if you use your tabs then you can switch goofy to regular seemelessly without having to move bags around. I am able to switch port to goofy side quickly and make transfer (while holding rope) and its fun to try different sides. You cant do that if you have a one sided list. Consider upgrading your rears to 1100lbs in addition to adding lead for a total of minimum 4k#.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Hey guys, brand new Moomba owner here. (2019 Mondo) I've got a quick question on the Autowake system: In the upper-left corner of the screen, there's a "surf" button which you press to switch the side of the wake that you want to surf on. This works great. There's also a physical switch called "Flow Surf" near the ignition which (I think) is used for the same purpose. However, when I use flip the physical switch left or right nothing happens. Again, the touchscreen button works fine but the physical switch doesn't really seem to do anything. Is there anything "special" I need to do for the switch to work? Just trying to figure out if mine is broken, or if I'm doing it wrong. Thanks,

Thanks for the info... Looks like you either have to Crew up or Weight up. Kinda wish my salesperson would of just told me that when I said it's mostly just the two of us on the water tho. Oh well

2019 mojo

Default AutoWake questions

Quote Originally Posted by Chaney44ETX View Post
    Thanks for the info... Looks like you either have to Crew up or Weight up. Kinda wish my salesperson would of just told me that when I said it's mostly just the two of us on the water tho. Oh well

2019 mojo
    Easy fix, buy lead.

Truth be told, moombas are very light out of the showroom and Supras are just barely heavy enough out of the showroom.

To get moombas to shine, bag upgrades and lead are needed especially if you run a small crew.

Supras have enough bag, but really shine with lead. My SA will throw a curl wave with a crew of 2, rider and 500# lead

Last edited by larry_arizona; 06-03-2020 at 05:24 PM.
    2018 Supra SA 400
    Michigan

Yep. The Moombaís are big but light. That might sound great.....for fuel economy, but not for surfing. Lead and biggest bags and a bunch of hot chicks for extra weight and eye candy is the solution. Last option is often not an option.

2017 Moomba Craz

Got it! 800lb lead already ordered... Bag upgrade next

Any suggestions how to place the lead for best port surf until I upgrade rear bags? It's literally just me with my GF driving which is a whole nother thing.

2019 mojo
    ETX

Start with a bit more to the port side to counteract the driver. Maybe 100-150 more to port. At a point towards the rear. I have mine in FRONT of the rear bags.

2017 Moomba Craz

Default AutoWake questions

I just watched rag boys wave set up video, talk
    About perfect timing for newbs.

I donít agree with 9 deg pitch, but what it tells me is 9 deg creates push for a big boy like Ragboy. I stay at 7.5-8 pitch and 3-4 deg roll goofy side.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 06-03-2020 at 06:40 PM.
    2018 Supra SA 400
    Michigan