Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Hi Matt, Just took delivery of my first Moomba. It’s a 2018 Mondo with autowake and the maximum factory ballast. Is there a really detailed instruction manual someplace? I want to know how to play with the factory settings a little. With the wake switch in the middle and autowake on, we’re getting an asymmetrical wakeboard wake. Also half the threads say add more aftermarket ballast to get a better wakesurf wave, but autowake drains some of my sacs to get the ideal pitch and roll. Any thoughts on the best setup for a 2018 factory Mondo assuming only 2 spotters and a driver? Thanks, Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Idcatfan View Post
    Thanks Matt.

Regarding draining/filling, I have just relied on percentages on the display. When at 100%, I can hear the boat pissing out excess water. And when draining, I flick the switches when they read 0%. Is this not an accurate/sound metric to use?

Thanks again!
    So...while the display will be close, unfortunately ballast timers can not take into account all variables. Rule number 1 (that not many people use...) is if water is coming OUT the top outlets of deck, then something is NOT right. Either you have ballast bags that are too full or too much water in your bilge. In either case, if water is coming out, then you need to check or adjust something. I have a feeling your drain timers need to be adjusted. Or maybe fill, or maybe both. Next time you are out, fill like normal, but watch the rear bag. Notice when bag is actually full relative to fill percent. Then drain bags like normal. After draining, check bag. If you have lots of water left in bag, then add time to drain timers. You should adjust drain timers until you can hear the drain pumps sucking air. That means you are almost empty. After getting drain timers correct, refill and check fill time again. If adjusted correctly, the bags should be full at 100% without pissing out the side of boat. And should be drained at 0. If you dont get timers right, you will definitely eventually have problems with fittings. With the 6 pump system, the fittings are not designed to overfill for very long and might pull off if you overfill for an extended period.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Canadaguy, you should go back and read this entire thread as this is probably the best detailed manual we have currently.

If wakeboard wakes are off with autowake, then you need to recalibrate inclinometer. I covered that earlier.

As to large waves with only 2 passengers, that cant really happen unless you add extra bags or lead. Again, i discussed tgat earlier but nothing replaces displacement. If you want size, you need displacement, thats it.

If autowake is draining ballast then either inclinometer needs adjusted or you need to move passenger location. Autowake makes everything easier and can help you, but it cant move passengers and cant fill more ballast than you have available. I think once you read the entire thread you will have a much better understanding and your expectations of autowake will be more accurate. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaGuy View Post
    Hi Matt, Just took delivery of my first Moomba. It’s a 2018 Mondo with autowake and the maximum factory ballast. Is there a really detailed instruction manual someplace? I want to know how to play with the factory settings a little. With the wake switch in the middle and autowake on, we’re getting an asymmetrical wakeboard wake. Also half the threads say add more aftermarket ballast to get a better wakesurf wave, but autowake drains some of my sacs to get the ideal pitch and roll. Any thoughts on the best setup for a 2018 factory Mondo assuming only 2 spotters and a driver? Thanks, Dave
    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Matt Brown

Just so I’m clear Matt, I only see and hear the pissing 5-10 sec after I fill to the 100% mark while leaving the switches in the ON position.

In fact, on our maiden voyage w/ our dealer rep he made it a point to show us this to illustrate that we can’t overfill the bags!

On another note, just so others know, we did the factory tour and it was WELL worth it. Watching the Supras and Moombas come down the exact same service lines really helps illustrate the difference between Moomba and other “budget” boats. Cough...Axis...cough, cough.

Would someone mind sending me the 2018 update. thanks.
    2017 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by NickNick View Post
    Would someone mind sending me the 2018 update. thanks.
    I got ya, check your inbox.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Matt, thank you for all of the info in this thread. I just purchased a 2018 Mojo Pro, upgraded from a 2015 Mobius LSV. First day on the water was not so great. Couldn't get a good consistent wave. Seemed like everything I tried just made things worse. The reason was....They did make things worse. That night I read all of your Tips several times, took notes and thought about what I was doing to the boat. Went out the next day and had a consistent wave. Understanding what Autowake is doing and why has made it far easier to watch what it is doing and maximize my wave by not counteracting the system. Great job to the team in developing and you in explaining the system.
    Mark Gay
    2018 Moomba Mojo Pro
    2015 Moomba Mobius LSV - sold

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    After spending the first few weekends working with Autowake, I spent THE BEST time behind my own boat that I've ever gotten with my repetitively inexperienced girlfriend at the helm last night! Best $970 option ever! Launch assist and auto-retracting plates make the boat SOOOO much easier for her to handle picking up riders, and of course the consistency with the ballast without her having to adjust people it a game change for me! I've run a boat "manually" for most of my life, but this is the single best investment in my time behind the boat! I was happy with it surfing at 9.5 pitch, 4.0 roll and 11.4mph. 34% smart plate 55% port tab surfing goofey/starboard. The real gem is auto leveling for wakeboarding! Eliminating the need to "drive the boat from the end of the rope" and/or adjusting passenger weight to even the wake out and focusing on riding is amazing!

Last weekend I had a crew from the local Mastercraft dealership in the boat. At first they were defensive, then they started to see it... I got a good laugh out of their, "why don't we have that?!"

I'm about to add this Autowake to my boat. 2018 Craz, Apparently I thought it came standard.... What do I need to add the Zero-Off GPS? Do I really need this Autowake? I've heard good and bad things. Mostly good. Im a newbie so I think it will make things easier to setup. I just ordered 500lbs of lead and want to get these enzo bags you speak of and don't really know which ones to get yet. I guess my main question is do you think it is worth adding to my Craz if I don't have it already?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyu04 View Post
    I'm about to add this Autowake to my boat. 2018 Craz, Apparently I thought it came standard.... What do I need to add the Zero-Off GPS? Do I really need this Autowake? I've heard good and bad things. Mostly good. Im a newbie so I think it will make things easier to setup. I just ordered 500lbs of lead and want to get these enzo bags you speak of and don't really know which ones to get yet. I guess my main question is do you think it is worth adding to my Craz if I don't have it already?
    If you ordered your boat with the max surf then it came with 900s already. Instead of ordering Enzo’s I would orde a couple of the standard 400s and put them under the seats in the cabin and use a tsunami pump to fill them when you want them. This is MUCH cheaper and it will retain your under seat storage when you are not filling the boar 100% for surfing. Autowake is very useful and I enjoy it on my 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Thanks Mark for the compliments. I really think the more you use AutoWake, and the more you understand it, the more you will actually like it. When we first introduced AutoWake, we really marketed it as the "easy button" and I think a lot of people got confused that maybe it was only for beginners. The truth is it really is great for beginners and takes a LOT of the frustration out for how to get a good wave or wake easily, BUT once you learn how to use it, then you can really start maximizing ALL your potential ballast by letting AutoWake actually help you move passengers or lead to allow you to get the most out of your boat.

We are discussing how to change our marketing approach for AutoWake, but the more I use it the more I feel like it is the "Navigation System" for wake control. Sure, it has the "AutoPilot" system if you want to only use that, but as you learn how the boat works and how AutoWake moves ballast, then it actually gives you full understanding and visual representation of everything the boat sees. As you understand how pitch, roll, displacement, and passenger location works, then as anything changes, you can see exactly what the boat actually sees and then you can make more advanced decisions based on that knowledge. The prime example of that is letting AutoWake tell you exactly where to place passengers (or lead) to allow AutoWake to reach 100% on all ballast. But it will also help you as you want to tweak flow plates, or wakeplate, or even how to adjust the shape of the wave for the advanced surfer or newbie.

As I have said many times, even though I was involved in getting AutoWake in our boats, I feel like every weekend I use it, the more it is actually teaching me. A couple weeks ago I was on vacation and every day we had a different amount of people on the boat. Some days we only had a couple passengers and some days we had a completely full boat. Some days I had very experienced riders and some days I was teaching new people. Years ago before AutoWake, that experience would have been very frustrating. How do you estimate how much people weigh? What do you do when 4 people run to the front of the boat? How do you try and get the wake correct before each rider actually gets in the water? I am sure you guys can relate. Without AutoWake it is basically a blind trial and error process and sometimes that leaves the new riders or passengers with lets just say a "less than impressive" first experience of the boat. What I love about AutoWake is now even as an advanced driver, I can tell before I ever put the boat in gear where I need to put passengers, how much weight I need to add or drain (amplitude) to get the desired wake/wave size, or if I want I can just let AutoWake move ballast for me. I have complete confidence that when I let AutoWake achieve Static pitch and roll, that my wake or wave is going to be dialed and with the amplitude meter, I know exactly how big that wake or wave is going to be every time. And it did just that. One day I drove for 10 hours, pulling different riders all day and every rider had an amazing experience. We taught kids and adults and even pulled some very experienced riders and regardless of the skill level, we got to the right shape and size wave almost immediately. After you do that a few times, and really start understanding and trusting AutoWake, then trust me, you will never want to drive another boat without it....

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDoc2 View Post
    Matt, thank you for all of the info in this thread. I just purchased a 2018 Mojo Pro, upgraded from a 2015 Mobius LSV. First day on the water was not so great. Couldn't get a good consistent wave. Seemed like everything I tried just made things worse. The reason was....They did make things worse. That night I read all of your Tips several times, took notes and thought about what I was doing to the boat. Went out the next day and had a consistent wave. Understanding what Autowake is doing and why has made it far easier to watch what it is doing and maximize my wave by not counteracting the system. Great job to the team in developing and you in explaining the system.
    Mark Gay
    Matt Brown