Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Sorry, I should have clarified, I don't mind people tubing, it's the people that do it from their towers and have no concept of sharing the lake with others..... I'm all about family fun on the water
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

The fourth time the beautiful new mastercraft circled me with his tube in 3 minutes last weekend, in the ballast area on a ballast restricted river, while I was surfing, I started throwing my arms up. He's 50' away and doesn't even acknowledge seeing me, thankfully one of the kids on his boat makes sure to get his attention. I threw some air circles like I had a lasso in my hand and gave him the universal WTF signal. He left the area lol! Ffs, how come no one has figured out how to package and sell clues.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by beat taco; 07-28-2017 at 01:38 AM.
    -Jake

Default Boat Drivers -useless Rant

I would pull the tube all day. It's peaceful in the boat and the kids are having fun!

This was a fun one ripping up some smooth water. All smiles. Then panic. Then yard sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by russellsmojo; 07-28-2017 at 10:53 AM.
    2017 Supra SA

What's with all the hate for tubing from the tower? Keeps the rope off the vinyl, unlike towing from the ski pole on the sun pad.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    What's with all the hate for tubing from the tower? Keeps the rope off the vinyl, unlike towing from the ski pole on the sun pad.

check your manual! it expressly states that it creates too much stress on the tower & mounting points to the boat.

Count me as one of the lucky ones as well. I have 4 different families that come out with my wife and my 2 kids. I know what beer they all drink and what the kids like to drink so I pack an adult cooler and a kids cooler. I buy the beer, the boat, the tubes, boards, etc, and the gas and never ever ask or expect money. They all know what I allow on the boat (sorry no Big Red, Hawaiian Punch, flaming hot Cheetos, things like that) and always respect the boat and the simple rules. I never have to police their kids, but have full authority to do so from the parents. They always help, load/unload the boat, wipe it down, put the cover on and then follow us 3 minutes to the enclosed storage unit to help guide it in. They always meet us at our house and follow us to the lake so they usually drop off a case or 2 of beer in the beer fridge in the garage. If I pull out of the storage unit and head to the gas station they often race over to put their credit card in the pump before I even get out of the truck. That or when we go out to eat after the lake the sneak over to the waitress and pick up my tab for dinner. One family goes with us almost every weekend and we were out on the lake last Saturday in the Mojo for a few hours before we pulled out and went to Slalom Shop to trade it in. When I told their boy what we were doing he looked over at his parents and said "Mom and Dad did you know we were getting a new boat today!" Good friends are hard to come by and if you find a few truly good friends in your lifetime then take good care of them. I love spending time with my family and my best friends families and watching the kids have a blast together. The fact that I can afford to do this and spend quality time together like this is truly a blessing from above!! Some day when my son and daughter are grown up and have families of their own I almost guarantee they will have a boat and pass this along to their kids.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Good to know, thanks! It's hard to believe that would cause any more stress than the 200+ lb. Wakeboarders that lay down heavy cuts behind my boat though. I know I've heard some definite stress noises when a rider racks out hard and refuses to let go of their death grip, but can't say I've heard anything like that from tubing. Mind you, we don't tube very wildly with the youngsters I pull. We only recently started tubing from the tower because I noticed a small tear in my vinyl where the rope rubs.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Maybe 1-2 small kids that you're pulling at 12mph in a straight line aren't going to pull that hard on the tower, but put 2-3 tubes back there, each with 2-3 adults and start whipping them around at 24mph and you may just pull the tower off. That might be in the manual for the extreme, but ya never know.

The drag from even a 1 person tube is much greater than you'd ever think, now add weight and it's even worse, multiply that by the ones that hold multiple people. I'm not opposed to tubing at all, just not from your tower
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Got it! I'd rather have some ripped vinyl than a tower at the bottom of the lake. Haha. Thanks fellas. Much appreciated.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.