Hybrid View

DavidAnalog and MLA provide HUGE value, but, much like in politics, are pretty slanted in their views - chances are if you take the brand out of an Exile related post, you'll get the same answer, without a dig at the underlying product.

It seems that as dealers they feel slighted by Exile - ok, we all understand, you don't like their direct to consumer model - in my opinion, ultimately Exile being dramatically smaller than WetSounds necessitates that model to grow the brands exposure.

I'm on a lake where at any given time there are 300+ boats on our sandbar - most with JL, Alpine, or WetSounds systems. There are 2 audio dealers within 100 miles that have never heard of Exile, and probably don't care to, because they have their 3 brands and make their margins. Fair enough.

So, direct to consumer works, and Exile provides the backend support to make it work.

Just about every other industry in the universe operates like this, why a local audio retailer should feel any ownership of internet market share is beyond me.

Hell, I work in finance and my company wholesales to brokers in my market - we outsell them on service every time, we don't bitch about the competition.
    2013 Outback V

The real slant in this statement is, "It seems that as dealers they feel slighted by Exile - ok, we all understand, you don't like their direct to consumer model - in my opinion, ultimately Exile being dramatically smaller than WetSounds necessitates that model to grow the brands exposure."
    OMG, that is just more justification to explain why some others might have an alternate opinion. Ian, with all respect, you haven't a clue about brand to dealer relationships in this case. Almost every major manufacturer sells to the consumer direct or has a distribution alternative beyond brick and mortar. That list would include Wetsounds and JL Audio that do sell direct to consumers. This would go much better without this type of speculation.
    This thread went for days inactive and with no hint of contention.