Hybrid View

Sorry got busy again.

So i tried finding the switch online, it's not a perko but it has a 1, 2, All, and Off on the switch.

When I bought the boat it already had 2 batteries with a stereo and amp already hooked up to an "accessory" battery and just the engine hooked up to an "engine" battery. The amp and Stereo negative cables were connected directly to the negative posts and the positives on both batteries have fuses. These two batteries were wired parallel into each other then positive cables into the not "perko" switch.

When I added LEDs and more speakers and an additional amp I just added everything to the accessory battery.

I then added a dual battery charger thinking this would help keep both batteries charged up when I'm off the water. Which I normally plug in after every use and the batteries have done great.

So at the end of October I put the boat up but did not turn the switch to Off nor did I plug the charger, soooo the batteries slowly died. Napa was able to charge the batteries back up over a days time and they now hold a strong charge so I'm going to put them back in the boat.

After reading everyone's input, I think I should remove the parallel connection. Run the batteries separately (1 for engine, 1 for stereo/lights) but still use the switch and the dual charger...

Clear as mud!?!?

Thanks for all the help, keep the information coming if I should do this differently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

Removing the positive wire that connects the two batteries would be the correct way,

Quote Originally Posted by tgoody14 View Post
    Clear as mud!?!?
    So did you get your answer?

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    So did you get your answer?
    Yea good to go haha sometimes you guys make me giggle...

I also never turned the switch to OFF when charging, good to know on that as well now

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

I also never turned the switch to OFF when charging, good to know on that as well now
    Off (or at least something other than BOTH) isolates the batteries and lets the dual bank charger do what its designed. Off specifically, insures that there are no parasitic draws on the batteries, causing the charger to continually run as some level.