Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Replying to Topic 'Are Dealers Ruining The Moomba Brand'

I did not pay the UPS, So it was either Atlanta Marine or SC.
    I mess with Texas

YellowMoomba0,

Just curious. The dealer we bought from insists that we pay shipping for everything. We had a couple of warranty items. Not really a big deal it was only like 3.50 for one thing but 90.00 for another. I think it would be a good idea for the dealers to budget like $100-150 just to pay for shipping of random things or to through in some free cleaner and a cool flag or something to make you feel like your getting some kind of deal. Maybe a lock. Just curious.

Its like you expect something when you drop 40K + on a boat. I usually get pretty good service and sometimes free drinks or chips @ Chillis when I spend about 30 bucks.

oops...oh and I dont think that SC Covers shipping for warranty, so its up to the dealer.

I suppose Atlanta Marine was just doing its part to live up to its proclaimed title of #1 dealer in the world. #1 on all issues, not just sales. All i can do is speak highly and truthfully about the Customer Service I have received from them. I agree that is sucks anyone would have to pay for the shipping of warranty parts.
    I mess with Texas

I have only had a few warranty items that needed to be addressed. Mainly decals.

Needless to say I must say Xtreme Marine in KC, did a awesome job and they took care of getting the part in and shipping it to me no cost.

Originally posted by YellowMoomba0

I suppose Atlanta Marine was just doing its part to live up to its proclaimed title of #1 dealer in the world. #1 on all issues, not just sales. All i can do is speak highly and truthfully about the Customer Service I have received from them. I agree that is sucks anyone would have to pay for the shipping of warranty parts.
    Brian in service has been very helpful. He knows I live just far enough away for service runs to be inconvenient. He has been more than willing to answer maintence questions on the phone or via email for me. The other thing is, with all the boats they sell, not only does my salesman remember my name, but Lisa, the owner does too. You walk in and its "Mr Feather, how are you enjoying that outback?"

Exactly Wolf, its been two years and when I call Brian or Michael the salesman all I have to do is say this is Sean from South Carolina, I bought the yellow Outback. Its immediate how they remember me.
    I mess with Texas

Sure wish Orlandoboats would consider opening a second business for Supra/Moomba sales and service in the Clermont - Leesburg area
    I was once a Service Manager for a Saab dealership in Connecticut...I'd love to apply for a job .

Yes Ed, It would be nice to have a location in that area. It's just not feesable.
    As for you working for us....... I don't think that would be feesable for us either.
    I can see customers standing there with you saying, Just a minute I'm almost done
    downloading some pictures or replying to a topic. I just don't see how you do it. I can barely find the time to keep up on reading the posts on Moomba's site much less all the others. Just a little teasing Ed. I guess I'm a little jealuos that I don't have the time.

Hope all is well in Clermont,

Rob

Get Ed a cool roo t-shirt and you can probably get him to be a human billboard for the day. Oh yea, add a tiki hat and zinc nose cream and he might be good for a weekend. hee hee
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

And dont forget the beer!!
    2005 Moomba Outback