so there's a private lake that's within a 4 hour drive of home that has weekday rental rates that seem crazy reasonable. it's 2250 feet long and 5 to 10' deep. they do have a "no wake enhancing devices" rule that I can certainly understand.

as far as the type of boats they allow, they wanted inboard tournament style boats and when I asked for clarification about whether my 23' XLV would be okay, I got this response:

The boat guides for the course center section are 6'9" spacings. Doubt your boat can pass through them.
Any thoughts on this? Honestly, I would be interested in renting the lake because it would be straight up FUN to have a private lake for a few days. I love to slalom ski, although I only really freeski and I'm not into carving buoys. And I think it'd still be fun to wakeboard, even if it was with no ballast.

But I'm not sure about the whole 6'9 thing. I've run my boat through the course at a lake in central OR and it didn't seem to be too wide for the buoys.

Of course I know the lake was DESIGNED for running a course in a DD, but I'm still wondering if I could have fun with it on my Vdrive, or if they're going to say it's not really feasible.