Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: knocking sound

Quote Originally Posted by deckwork View Post
    Yes ours sounds just like you are describing, did you by chance hold the trim tab/wakeplate? I tried to wrap tape around the pin but the pin is snug in the piston but loose in the bracket on plate holes
    Yep it didn't make a difference for us. I held it from the water so I know I had a good grip on it.

I did some more searching around today with more people in the boat. I got in the water and played with the plates again. This time when I held the plate my passengers said the knocking stopped. I guess the guy I had in the boat before was wrong. It's a relief knowing nothing is damaged and I can check that off the list.

Quote Originally Posted by smileycvc View Post
    I did some more searching around today with more people in the boat. I got in the water and played with the plates again. This time when I held the plate my passengers said the knocking stopped. I guess the guy I had in the boat before was wrong. It's a relief knowing nothing is damaged and I can check that off the list.
    Thank you for the update. Just to confirm which plate is the cause surf tabs, wake plate or all. This really helps I did not want to take to dealer right away but was concerned it was a mechanical issue and did not want to continue using and make problem worse.
    2016 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by deckwork View Post
    Thank you for the update. Just to confirm which plate is the cause surf tabs, wake plate or all. This really helps I did not want to take to dealer right away but was concerned it was a mechanical issue and did not want to continue using and make problem worse.
    It's the center wake plate. The surf tabs don't seem to cause any noise.

That's good news! I was checking mine today, wonder why there is so much play in all the tabs..

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Got mine back in the water today, confirmed the knock was from wake plate took it to dealer they tried putting same bracket and pin on so I went around looking at other moomba to see what they had, to my surprise I found three different mounts.
    U shaped bracket with long pin and three little black spacers per side. This is what mine had
    u shaped bracket nut and bolt with one larger spacer each side this is what I had them put on, still need to test
    two separate brackets with little pin and small spacers.
    2016 Craz

Glad to here that someone confirmed the issue. Thanks! Mine does the same thing. SC will have to fix the issue with a retrofit upgrade. It is an annoyance but isn't a big deal. I was gonna call SC to get the retrofit if its is available and fix it later. The turbulence at idle speeds is just at the right distance that it is putting pressure on the wake plate to bang it up at down on the pin. Not much that can be done about the turbulence. Pin has to be tighter or a plastic bushing needs to be made to stop the metal on metal banging causing sound.

Crazy how sound travels. Sounds like the banging is behind the captains chair and its all the way outside the boat in the water! Sound is funny right? Physics rocks!
    Matt

2016 Moomba Craz
    440 Raptor
    Surf Edition
    Standard Cabin Stereo
    900# Rear Ballasts

Supra Mariah - Sold

F250 6.7L Diesel Tow Vehicle

OK got my Craz back in the water over the weekend and sadly the knocking is still there and I am really concerned that if it goes un fixed that it will only get worse because the bracket is aluminum which is a soft metal so the holes will only get larger as the vibration continues.
    2016 Craz

What was the fix for this? Mine started today 29 hours on boat
    Kyle

2018 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by k2davis1 View Post
    What was the fix for this? Mine started today 29 hours on boat
    Did you confirm it is wake plate? I only managed to confirm it was plate by reaching under and holding plate with engine running.
    We found the the sound really traveled, even noticed it when putting boat in water and I was in water taking bow hook off.
    With bolt instead of pin it was not as noticeable but did not go away till I put fresh air exhaust on now the exhaust is not trapped between platform and plate.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz