Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Brigade wakesurf boards

Has anyone rode brigade boards? Stumbled across them on the web. I was planing on a doomswell but saw their site and was intrigued.
    Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

brigade was started by a young guy out in emmett idaho. learned how to shape and build from jeff whalers at soulcraft.
    have not ridden any but seen them and my perceptions were quality on par with any other custom board builder.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I've ridden one. the model I rode didn't thrill me, but it probably wasn't the optimal size/shape for me.

Anyone that knows me is well aware that I LOVE my doomswell.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

thanks. I think I'm still going with doomswell. Im between the drone and nubsteb. Im not going custom. just going to buy what they have pre done. drone is 4'10 and the nub step is 5'0. talked to brock for a while today and he was thinking the drone since it would be a little closer to the size of what they would build a custom for me is.

trayson, what model do you ride?
    Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcross25 View Post
    thanks. I think I'm still going with doomswell. Im between the drone and nubsteb. Im not going custom. just going to buy what they have pre done. drone is 4'10 and the nub step is 5'0. talked to brock for a while today and he was thinking the drone since it would be a little closer to the size of what they would build a custom for me is.

I am 5'10 and about 165 to 170 pounds. I've only ever ridden two Doomswells. the first was a 4'4 drone and I loved it. it was a blast to ride. when I had my board custom made for me, I went with a nubstep that was 4'6 and have been very happy with it. Yes, I've had friends that are a bit heavier (200+, 220+, etc) struggle a bit on my 4'6 board.

of course the 3 big factors that come into play are Board, Wave, and rider skill. you can have better in some areas to compensate for less in other areas. For example: I love my board, and it's fast enough that I've been able to have a blast on lesser waves. My wave is pretty decent on my XLV and it's been enough to compensate for some riders that are newer. I'm pretty comfortable on about any board and have used that to actually prove that I could freeride on my son's 3'9" phase5 Scamp!

I know that a longer board will certainly accommodate lower experience levels and heavier riders. But that will come at the expense of having the 'perfect' board sized for you sometimes. Would I have fun on a doomswell that's 4'10 to 5'? Probably so. Maybe just not as much as I have on my 4'6
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcross25 View Post

Based on your signature you have '12 mojo. So you have a boat that's capable of throwing a good size wave with great push. So let's take wave out of the equation. What are your stats? Height? Weight? What boards have you ridden before? What did you like? What didn't you like? What are your riding goals? Big turns and slashes? 360's? Airs? Just cruise and footwork?
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

I have a drone. 4 8. Unless you are a really big guy 230 plus then then go 4 10 or 5

I love my drone. But like to ride other boards as well between our crew I think we have 10 to 15 to choose from ��
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    I have a drone. 4 8. Unless you are a really big guy 230 plus then then go 4 10 or 5

I love my drone. But like to ride other boards as well between our crew I think we have 10 to 15 to choose from ��
    Yeah someone can't stop buying boards. Might be an addiction.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by muehlcj View Post
    Based on your signature you have '12 mojo. So you have a boat that's capable of throwing a good size wave with great push. So let's take wave out of the equation. What are your stats? Height? Weight? What boards have you ridden before? What did you like? What didn't you like? What are your riding goals? Big turns and slashes? 360's? Airs? Just cruise and footwork?
    I'm 5'9 192. I go between 185 and 195 throughout the year. I'm currently on a 5'0 of fish and that's all I've rode. I'm at the point where I can ride the wave and stay in pocket but when I loose it too much I can't recover, usually if I make a hard carve I fall back to far to recover. I'm looking to progress into slashes and airs and maybe 360's at some point.
    Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

I would think that you'd be best with about a 4'8.

I've rode a 5'0" fish and if you're comfortable on that, you'll really enjoy the doomswell. it's going to be a lot faster and you'll have an easier time not falling off the wave.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com