I just bought a 'new to me' 2008 XLV. It currently has the Moomba Cruise (analog version with the two buttons and no display). I have a friend with a 2010 LSV that has the digital display and the cruise seems to work a whole lot better. I was told by Cynde at Atlanta Marine the following:

The 2011 Digital Cruise Display interacts with the ECM and a PDM to provide information to/from the dash. The 2008 only worked with the throttle control portion of the ECM. The 2011 unit will not work in the 2008 XLV. He can’t upgrade to the newer system. It works through the ECM and PDM.

So I have abandoned that path and contacted Perfect Pass who made me aware of their offering but my concern is that it is not a direct replacement for the Moomba Cruise triangular display I currently have so I will have to mount the Perfect Pass 3.5 circular gauge somewhere and keep both.

Has anyone done this upgrade and if so, do you have a better mounting option? Possibly a new dashboard cover or something. Or maybe you know of a way to install the Digital Cruise Pro in a 2008? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!