Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default HELP - 2013 MOJO Surf Wave with FLOW

Hey guys, I’m looking for some help with improving my surf wave. I’ve read quite a few posts over the past couple years but I’d like some suggestions specific to my boat (’13 Mojo).

Last year, I ran with 900#’s in the rears and a 650# IBS in my ’13 Mojo. I forced myself to learn to surf on the regular side despite being a goofy foot wakeboarder for 7 years simply because the wave was so much better on the regular side. I could surf ropeless for days on the regular side simply by listing. The wave was greatly improved with a few extra bodies in the boat on the surf side (besides my wife and son). I was riding a basic Hyperlite Broadcast. We ran 9.8 MPH – 10.2 MPH depending on how many people were in the boat and other conditions. Wakeplate full up ~ 75% up.

This year, we added the FLOW system (manual). I may just be rusty but I’m having a hard time surfing with the FLOW. I still have the same ballast, 900’s and an IBS. I’ve tried all 3 FLOW settings. I’ve tried doing even ballasting, partial listing and full listing. I’ve also tried multiple wakeplate settings. The best luck I’ve had so far is FLOW setting 2 with partial listing (like 75% full on starboard side), speed somewhere around 10.5, wakeplate full up. These settings have led to a great looking wave… nice and long… fairly tall (maybe a bit shorter than listing alone)… but I just can’t find the push I had with listing and I can’t keep up with the boat. I’ve also noticed some disturbance in the wave due to water running across the non-deployed surf side FLOW device and some water hitting the top of the wave up close to the boat from water coming off of the deployed FLOW system.

I know my board sucks, I’m in the market for something much better (likely a LipSnap board as the owner actually lives in my neighborhood and is a work colleague). I also know that I’m only a 2nd year surfer and I’ve only been out twice this year. I’m also not certain my speed is accurate as I’ve had multiple displays installed and another one is on the way for the wakeplate issue… I checked speed with a phone app called “speed box” and it showed my speed about 1MPH higher than the display showed while running ~10MPH… no idea how accurate this is.

I’m just frustrated that the FLOW hasn’t shown a great amount of improvement. I guess I was expecting to have a better wave than last year with the boat level. I know the wave takes some tweaking, even daily… I’ve just yet to be impressed with the FLOW (and significant $ investment).

HELP! Thanks!
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Lets address the easy things first.

Water coming off the Deployed flow up over to the ceter of the wave is normal. I will post a pic and you will see this.

Water coming off the NON deployed flow, I don't have this issue. Look at the back of the boat, measure how low it is to the hull, get some pictures and we can compare.

Speed, with the Flow and your ballast I think you need to be going 10.5. This is a solid speed and shouldn't be too fast. You can slow down a bit but really don't go below 10.

Also on your Wake Plate the dealer needs to get the New update that came out late 14, I got mine updated and Saturday we had no issues at all. Not all the dealers know of this software update but if they contact SC they can get the files.

With the Flow you can weight traditionally but you will need to deploy it farther, setting 3 due to it needs to be in the water a certain depth, also if you over weight the boat it might be too deep and wont work.

Honestly your weighting sounds pretty good. I like to run 900 surf, apx 900 non surf, 500 hard and 650 IBS. Yes I also run lead, and a 450 in the bow. These are not needed, the first year we didn't run all this, it all comes into play to get my goofy wave really nice.

If you can set the boat up how you like it, get some video with no one in the wave, just video the wave, audio over your ballast set up, speed, and wake plate settings, and then do another video with no changes, so I can see you in the wave. This will give me an idea what your seeing and dealing with.

Feel free to PM me, or email me at [email protected]

I will be happy to talk with you on your concerns and see if we can get you set up the way you want.

Here you can see a big roster tail off the deployed tab

Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

So, the water coming off of my Flow on the deployed side is actually shooting over towards the surf side... Across the wave some... Not a huge deal but it just adds to the unclean area at the top and gets picked up by the wind.

On the surf side, it's not that water is coming above the surface but that I can see disturbance just beneath the surface of the wave in a line coming off of the FLOW. I could actually feel it at times... Kind of like wakeboarding in the wash behind the boat. I think I posted a pic or two before but I'll get some tonight with a tape measure.

The wake plate issue is a work in progress. My dealer doesn't have a cable so they are sending an updated display to swap out.

I'll try to get some pics and videos during my next outing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo

Even the SC video of the Manual Flow shows that rooster.

55 sec in.

IDK what to say on your non deployed side <surf side> I don't have any issues with water trails, or turbulence from mine. I am assuming you only have the Non Surf side deployed when surfing right?
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Yes of course, only deployed on the non surf side. Did my tapatalk typos make you question my intelligence lol?

2022 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    On the surf side, it's not that water is coming above the surface but that I can see disturbance just beneath the surface of the wave in a line coming off of the FLOW.
    With the flow in the stowed position, I'm not sure how it is impacting the wave?

Yes of course, only deployed on the non surf side. Did my tapatalk typos make you question my intelligence lol?

No not at all, I am the last person to critique spelling...

Last year there was some rambling about deploying both plates, and I wanted to make sure. Assumption can get us both into trouble.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    With the flow in the stowed position, I'm not sure how it is impacting the wave?
    While surfing, I can see water running across the flow body... And you can see a ~4" strip of "white water" under the surface of the wave behind the boat trailing the non deployed flow device. This was worse while being listed and having the flow deployed on the non surf side. I wish I had a go pro, would be much easier to explain!

I'd say: the flow system, even when not deployed, becomes an extension of the hull and as such, it can impact the flow of water it comes in contact with.

2022 Moomba Mojo

I never noticed what you're describing on our Mojo.

Hey guys, I’m looking for some help with improving my surf wave. I’ve read quite a few posts over the past couple years but I’d like some suggestions specific to my boat (’13 Mojo).

Last year, I ran with 900#’s in the rears and a 650# IBS in my ’13 Mojo. I forced myself to learn to surf on the regular side despite being a goofy foot wakeboarder for 7 years simply because the wave was so much better on the regular side. I could surf ropeless for days on the regular side simply by listing. The wave was greatly improved with a few extra bodies in the boat on the surf side (besides my wife and son). I was riding a basic Hyperlite Broadcast. We ran 9.8 MPH – 10.2 MPH depending on how many people were in the boat and other conditions. Wakeplate full up ~ 75% up.

This year, we added the FLOW system (manual). I may just be rusty but I’m having a hard time surfing with the FLOW. I still have the same ballast, 900’s and an IBS. I’ve tried all 3 FLOW settings. I’ve tried doing even ballasting, partial listing and full listing. I’ve also tried multiple wakeplate settings. The best luck I’ve had so far is FLOW setting 2 with partial listing (like 75% full on starboard side), speed somewhere around 10.5, wakeplate full up. These settings have led to a great looking wave… nice and long… fairly tall (maybe a bit shorter than listing alone)… but I just can’t find the push I had with listing and I can’t keep up with the boat. I’ve also noticed some disturbance in the wave due to water running across the non-deployed surf side FLOW device and some water hitting the top of the wave up close to the boat from water coming off of the deployed FLOW system.

I know my board sucks, I’m in the market for something much better (likely a LipSnap board as the owner actually lives in my neighborhood and is a work colleague). I also know that I’m only a 2nd year surfer and I’ve only been out twice this year. I’m also not certain my speed is accurate as I’ve had multiple displays installed and another one is on the way for the wakeplate issue… I checked speed with a phone app called “speed box” and it showed my speed about 1MPH higher than the display showed while running ~10MPH… no idea how accurate this is.

I’m just frustrated that the FLOW hasn’t shown a great amount of improvement. I guess I was expecting to have a better wave than last year with the boat level. I know the wave takes some tweaking, even daily… I’ve just yet to be impressed with the FLOW (and significant $ investment).

HELP! Thanks!
    I Am noticing similar wakes with my new flow. The wake looks great but doesn't seem to have the push u has with just listing. Hopefully I can get it figured out sooner than later, if not I will feel like I wasted s good bit of $. I wil update after a couple more weeks of tinkering.

2012 Mojo