Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36
  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    4,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woody929 View Post
    Am I missing something? iPhone 5c,s & 6,6+ all are listed as Bluetooth 4.0
    This is what Brian explained on wakeworld:

    <the exbt4> ...has built in aptX codecs for higher streaming rates up to 384 kbit/s. that codec is top dog when it comes to sound quality compression. I should also say in fairness, that awesome aptX connection is not available for iPhone users as of this date. There are rumors that the next iPhone update will include the aptX codec.
    so maybe iphone has the BT4.0 but not the apt-x.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    4,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Your head unit doesn't have bluetooth?
    My head unit doesn't.

    This is what was in my boat when I got it...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,400

    Default

    With a new bluetooth head unit you can use the dash/rear platform controls (skip, stop, play) instead of using the phone.....
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,400

    Default Re: Bluetooth 4.0 receiver now offered from Exile.

    Also use an app on my phone to increase/decrease volume based on GPS speed..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    4,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    With a new bluetooth head unit you can use the dash/rear platform controls (skip, stop, play) instead of using the phone.....
    Yeah, but the only BT headunit that I am aware of that's compatible with my remotes is the round MB Quart one:
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...04dhoCYTPw_wcB

    And I'd gain BT and lose the ipod cable. And spend more money to do it. No perfect solution in my case.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    3,062

    Default

    I have several options for playing source music. Assuming I'm using my android phone the majority of the time What would be the recommended way to set it up to get the best source output? Also a consideration is the functionality of the various remotes. I have a Clarion remote at the helm and transom, as well as the WS-BT-VC.

    1.) Aux (3.5mm or USB) in the glove box going to the Clarion Receiver (which feeds the wetsounds 420 eq with RCA's IN Main. Convenient to locate my phone there and out of the way. Downside is to change songs, pause, ect... you'd have to access the phone.
    UNLESS.........i paired it with the WS-BT-VC for function of the button but the signal input on the EQ was still getting it from the Main input NOT Aux? Not even sure this would work as BT connection might not be strong enough with phone in glove box?

    2.) Bluetooth to the Clarion Remote. Would need to locate phone somewhere at the helm and full clarion functionality at drivers seat as well as transom. Would still run WS420 on Main source since it's fed from Clarion Receiver. Wondering if this would be as clean signal as option below? Would not have functionality of WS-BT knob.

    3.) Bluetooth to the Wetsounds WW-BT-VC with short run 3.5mm to 420EQ AUX input. Would need to find a home for my phone at the helm & I would have full functionality of the WS BT but lose all functions of the clarion Remotes except for volume.

    4.) 3.5mm direct to Wetsounds 420 EQ. Would not have any remote functions and have to utilize the phone to do anything. This option is eliminated for those reasons but wondering if there are any positives to it?

    Way I see it I'm probably going to BT to either the Clarion Remote or WS-BT-VC depending on activities and change between the 2 and main/aux input on the EQ. When driving/riding will have it paired to WS knob and when chilling/floating for a good part of the day and desiring the functionality of the transom remote I'll need to pair to the clarion remote.

    whatcha all think?

    2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

    Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lake Wylie NC Area
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Yeah, but the only BT headunit that I am aware of that's compatible with my remotes is the round MB Quart one:
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...04dhoCYTPw_wcB

    And I'd gain BT and lose the ipod cable. And spend more money to do it. No perfect solution in my case.
    Sounds like whats needed is a source unit that supports LCD remotes, has BT, Dual rear USB, dual rear AUX and more?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    4,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Sounds like whats needed is a source unit that supports LCD remotes, has BT, Dual rear USB, dual rear AUX and more?
    "needed" is a strong word. LOL. My budget sure doesn't *need* an head unit upgrade!

    Honestly, I'm pretty content with my current setup. only a minor nudge making me really want BT again.

    But lots of input options are never a bad thing.




    That said, in reference to my previous problem about ground loop feedback while charging my phone and playing music via 3.5mm; would playing music via BT likely be a "fix" to that problem as well? I've already purchased the ground loop filter/line driver. But none-the-less curious if playing through BT eliminates noise that typically finds its way to the 3.5mm jack on the phone.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    " That said, in reference to my previous problem about ground loop feedback while charging my phone and playing music via 3.5mm; would playing music via BT likely be a "fix" to that problem as well? I've already purchased the ground loop filter/line driver. But none-the-less curious if playing through BT eliminates noise that typically finds its way to the 3.5mm jack on the phone."
    It depends. Some have the same noise using BT. The noise is gone when they go back to battery operation. So in this case the problem is not in the grounding relationship between the BT module and the HU or EQ input. BT won't help in this particular scenario.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lake Wylie NC Area
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    "needed" is a strong word. LOL. My budget sure doesn't *need* an head unit upgrade!

    Honestly, I'm pretty content with my current setup. only a minor nudge making me really want BT again.

    But lots of input options are never a bad thing.




    That said, in reference to my previous problem about ground loop feedback while charging my phone and playing music via 3.5mm; would playing music via BT likely be a "fix" to that problem as well? I've already purchased the ground loop filter/line driver. But none-the-less curious if playing through BT eliminates noise that typically finds its way to the 3.5mm jack on the phone.
    BT will likely not resolve the noise issue created by the charge port seeing a difference voltage reference then the BT and the rest of the audio.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •