I grew up snow skiing and water skiing. Over the years due to career/life I have got out of both sports. If I was 16-19 again and was headed to the ski slope I would snowboard. But honestly I am 43 years old and I know how hard the ground is so I will stick to skiing. Many of my friends still go out west or up north and they tell me their kids are snowboarding while the parents ski. It's what they grew up doing.

It wasn't until recently I decided to purchase a boat and get my kids involved in water sports. I bought kids skis and a wakeboard and honestly all the kids want to wakeboard. Me and my buddies are learning to wakeboard and I can't even get the guys who used to slalom to do it anymore. They want to wakeboard! I did pick up up surf board this winter but honestly I even like wake boarding more than skiing. On the north end of lake lanier we have only seen 1 guy surfing. Heck we didn't even know what they were doing at first. Of course on the North end you also have Corey Bradley and Jon Hunt taking sets and everyone just pulls over and watches the magic.

I still slalom some but honestly I want to learn more about wake boarding. Sure it is more dangerous but I love it. I am still looking to surf some as well and time will tell how well my body can hold up to wake boarding.

I just want my kids to do something active on the water. That stupid tube doesn't count.