Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post
    Been wanting to do this... cool write up! Neat mod!
    Thanks, I really like it. It's also kinda cool in that since it's tied into the trailer's running lights, it will flash the runway lights when I lock the truck and the alarm flashes the taillights.

The bilge switch will also do a "powerup" test whenever I turn on the truck's lights. Basically anytime the truck gives a taillight signal (turning on the headlights for the first time, arming the alarm, etc) it will power up the runway lights for a few seconds.

I pulled the boat in last night in the dark and I have to say it's really awesome to have the runway! And I only spent $45, so not a bad "value" mod.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

what about having white lights facing down for night towing to creat a glow effect ?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

This is the same setup i was working on in the spring when i had all the issues with my trailer lights not being at the proper voltage. My 13 trailer is all LED and i mounted all the lights to the inside of the frame. When i tied them into the trailer harness <like you did> everything went dim and i lost my MOOMBA fender lights.

Planning on woking on this more this winter.

Also i ran Amber the rear of my fenders, then switched to Red. Looks sweet when i use a 9v battery LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Pics or it didn't happen...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    This is the same setup i was working on in the spring when i had all the issues with my trailer lights not being at the proper voltage. My 13 trailer is all LED and i mounted all the lights to the inside of the frame. When i tied them into the trailer harness <like you did> everything went dim and i lost my MOOMBA fender lights.

Planning on woking on this more this winter.

Also i ran Amber the rear of my fenders, then switched to Red. Looks sweet when i use a 9v battery LOL.
    Are the rest of your trailer lights LED? Mine are. I think that keeps my overall voltage draw under what the OEM incandescent lights were.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com