Hybrid View

Default Re: Need help with engine stalling/quitting...seems really strange

Loose power as soon as you turn or is there a delay? Fuel injected or carb? There is gas in right?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by parrothd; 09-18-2013 at 12:43 AM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

If your turning the wheel and then gages go down you'll need to investigate under the dash for loose wires mainly the power wire coming from the ignition in the on position that powers up the gages and ignition module .
    2012 Mobius LSV
    05 Outback LS SOLD

Check the engine compartment and transmission compartment (and pull up the back section of flooring over the fuel tank if needed) to see if there is any interaction between the steering cable/linkage and the fuel hose or any other system. Some part might be under pressure.

When my boat was a year or so old, it started having intermittent trouble shifting into reverse. It turned out that the shift linkage was too close to the firewall. There was interference if someone heavy enough leaned against the back seat! It was a design weakness, replaced with an improvement by the factory.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

[QUOTE=parrothd;228730]Loose power as soon as you turn or is there a delay? Fuel injected or carb? There is gas in right?

It is carborated, the gas gauge was showing 1/4 tank when this was happening, and the loss of power is pretty immediately when turning to the left. With it stalling when turning it makes me think it isn't bad gas or the filter otherwise it would happen turning to the right as well. Maybe there is some kind of interference with the steering cable and the gas line or something like that.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

2007 should be fuel injected, right? I think 2003 was the last year for carbs?

Don't think that helps fix the problem but might be good to note for the future.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    2007 should be fuel injected, right? I think 2003 was the last year for carbs?

Don't think that helps fix the problem but might be good to note for the future.
    you are probably right. I have only had the boat 2 weeks and am still trying to get familiar with it.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190