Hybrid View

There was another thread in that topic and someone priced out adding an axle at $2500 plus labor

Also, from what I was told if you just put another axle under and the trailer is rated for a lot more then the boat the. You could do damage to the boat hull. Basically as you hit bumps the trailer would not absorb any of the shock.
    2006 Mobius LSV

I just built a brand new trailer for my Moomba Boomerang. Tandem Axle with brakes on one axle. Built it long enough so that the entire boat is on the trailer from the platform forward. I did all the work myself except building the axles (I have a supplier). All LED lighting, trailer exceeds all requirements for lighting. All the wiring is soldered and shrink wrapped for very low maintenance. Made it with a removable tongue for security and to fit it in the garage. It took me about 2 weeks start to finish. Steps on sides of the trailer for ease of trailer work. I also made it so the axles can be moved forward and back to achieve perfect balance. If anyone has any questions about the build or would like to see pictures of it or the build let me know and I would love to share them with you.

Brian