those of you who know me a crashman on BOS know it's been an interesting and frustrating year for my skiing- our ski club is temporarily locked up so I've been spending more time freeskiing. The closest lake to me has a 20 mph speed limit so when I saw Radar's now freeski that's intended to be ridden at slow speeds I had to pick it up.

It does not have the acceleration that a traditional ski has but it also takes much less strength to get up on and ride. It's kind of fun to be able to ski for 25 minutes at a time. It has a lot of flex and feels very "wakeboard" like. The getup is very much like a wakeboard and you can get up with very slow acceleration and line load. It's also very forgiving. My wife absolutely loves it- she prefers the slower speeds but would rather ski than wakeboard.

for me it's not quite as much fun as skiing around buoys at faster speeds, but I think it will a great toy to have on our boat for open water, slower speeds and for friends that are used to the feel of a wakeboard and also for anyone with some back or strength issues.

here's Radar's video for anyone who hasn't seen it yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJvlzq9NVu0