Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackRider View Post
    I need to get a new HU. I'm thinking to get a KMR-350U because I've seen that it is compatible with the Aeware remote that came installed in my boat (2005 Mobius LSV). However, my current unit (KDC-MPV5025) seems to be connected to the Aeware remote via an extra wire on the back of the HU that looks like it was added on - it is not connected to a wire that is part of the wiring harness. Can anyone tell me how the Aeware remote is connected to a KMR-350U?

Thanks.
    I understand your concern by that extra wire that appears foriegn. The pulse code used by the hardwired remote control is the same as the infrared remote control. The lone wire simply circumvents the infrared target on the face of the source unit and goes directly to the interior control board. It is an afterthought on Kenwood marine units and is often added by a third party. In the case of the non-display remotes, they get their power, ground and illumination external to the source unit. The only connection to the source unit is the pulse commands. It's all par.

David

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    I understand your concern by that extra wire that appears foriegn. The pulse code used by the hardwired remote control is the same as the infrared remote control. The lone wire simply circumvents the infrared target on the face of the source unit and goes directly to the interior control board. It is an afterthought on Kenwood marine units and is often added by a third party. In the case of the non-display remotes, they get their power, ground and illumination external to the source unit. The only connection to the source unit is the pulse commands. It's all par.

David
    So, would I connect the signal wire from the Aeware remote to the wire from the wiring harness labeled as "Remote"?
    05 Mobius LSV - gravity 3 ballast and wake plate
    single axle trailer
    DIY hot water shower installed
    DIY tube inflator installed