Hybrid View

Default Big Goof Up......left brake cable hooked up and pulled out

I JUST did the same thing couple hours ago! Like you I rolled it back and forth to make sure the brakes weren't locked. Funny thing is, I did the exact same thing with my Outback last year too, but forgot about it by the time I hooked up to it and put the boat in the water. Nothing was effected on the Outback, I sure hope it's the same way on the LSV! Guess I'll find out tomorrow....
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

IDK how you guys are hooking this Emergency cable up that's causing it to be missed. I know it happens sometimes but maybe try a different method.

When i hook my main cables to the hitch i take that safety cable and run it through the hitch with my main cable then attach it to the Loop of the main cable. This way the main cable wont come off the truck without removing the safety cable first.

This way there's no chance i forget my safety cable.

Also i do what i can the Hand check
    I run my hand by both sides of the trailer tongue looking at everything going to my truck to make sure everything is disconnected.

i get this habit because at work i deal with LOTS of chemicals, lines, valves, pumps and I'm constantly checking the flow direction and that all my valves are closed before i open a 1-48inch chemical line for repairs.

I understand mistakes happen, we all make them, I'm only trying to give you some ideas of how to get into a habitual routine of hooking things and disconnecting them.

On our boat I'm so routines i always close the top plate on the hitch, then hook up my Starboard cable and safety chain, then the port chain and trailer lights.

Honestly what im bad about at home is backing the boat in the garage, hitting the parking brake on the truck but never putting the truck in Park, i leave it in reverse, IDK LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]