My LS has a 1000W Kenwood Amp that I assume is powering the tower speakers and maybe the cabins as well. I just got the boat so I haven't really been able to look too much into it.

I have a Pioneer Premier 800W pk (2ohm) mono Block amp that I used to have in my truck that is not being used anymore that I thought I would install to power a sub. I'm planning on replacing the amps next year so this amp is just to get me by until then.

I want to save some coin and do this install myself. I have installed all of the systems that I have had in my own vehicles in the past but I have never done something like this in a boat.

The existing amp is mounted to what looks like ply wood in the compartment that houses the batteries (passenger seat). I am thinking about taking that out and making a new one and carpet it and screw both amps to it. My question is are there any special type of screws that I need to use to attach the rack to the boat? What is the best way to do that?

My boat is stored about 30 miles from me so I can't just look and see how its done currently. Also, I was looking to build a box for under the helm like many of you have. Would I use the same technique to mount and stabilize the box there as well?

I'm supposed to take the boat to my buddies stereo shop before we head for the lake this Saturday so he can look at it and give me a quote but I'd like to have an idea of how to do it myself in the event that I don't want to pay some crazy price to put in one amp and build or use a prefab box. I've already dropped enough on this thing and I haven't even had it a week and its not even summer yet!! I just want it to be ready for when it is!

Does anyone have a suggestion on a good sounding Sub DVC 4ohm?