Question Looking to upgrade on a budget...

I have a obrien alias now. It has been a good board to learn on, but I would like something a little more advanced. I know some of you will start telling me to get a certain brand but what I need is an honest opinion of some of the cheaper brands. I am not looking to spend a fortune. I was looking at some of the twin tip boards to do some 180's. CWB, Obrien? I am not sure what to get or what board will fit my style. I can got ropeless all the time and with my board I can carve up an down the wave. I would like to start trying some spins or catch some air. With the board I have I just don't see it.

Triple X boards are all over eBay for $319 and cheaper. I had one for a couple months. They are definitely loose. It came with very short fins but we added surf fins and it was tons more fun. I sold it to a friend and I actually made money because I bought it new for $175 shipped

I thought about the triple x composite when I bought this board. They are in my price range, has anyone else ridden one of these boards?

the alias TT is pretty cool.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Eric,

There is a lady in Portland selling a brand new custom board similar to the React Drive for $300. These boards sold for $500+ new and were hand made in Vancouver, WA. I can vouch for the Drive - it's very fast, fun, and responsive. It's the same board that I am riding in my "LSV Wave" post on this forum but has a different color scheme. Here's a link to the specs and description of the board:

http://www.reactsurf.com/Drive.html

React surf is now out of business but they made some real nice boards. If you are interested, send me an e-mail and I'll forward to you the contact info as well as a pic of the board. I have no vested interest in this, just saw it on pdxwake and inquired about it out of curiosity.

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

If you're still looking, FlatH20 was dead on. The triple X are going for about a buck and a quarter on eBay right now.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...