Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes View Post
    I have been watching this subject with great interest. So when I got to our garage this weekend,I looked in my bilge and ski locker and they were completely dry. The boat has been inside with the hatches open for 3 weeks. Just to see what would happen I jacked up the trailer until the rear touched the ground. After a few hours I had 4 gallons of water in a bucket under the wake plate. The boat was sitting level to slightly bow high before this. Any ideas?
    This could simply be from water between the bilge and the ski locker, i.e., under the gas tank. I can do the same with my boat - the bilge and the ski locker can be dry but when I park on a steep hill, water runs out from the area under the gas tank, into the bilge, and out the rear drain hole.

As far as we know, the water trapped under the ski locker will not drain out to the bilge as it is trapped there.

See pic below. This is the area I am talking about.

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Thanks for the info guys. I did read all 21 pages but most of you said if water gets in there it cant get out. I really dont think I had 4 gallons under the gas tank. But maybe I did, but it could have come from under the ski locker. Anyway you can try and see if it helps. The water did not come out all at once it came out over several hours. I could have more in the bucket this weekend, I will see.Thanks again.
    Last edited by Mikes; 11-09-2010 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Addition
    04 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. I did read all 21 pages but most of you said if water gets in there it cant get out. I really dont think I had 4 gallons under the gas tank. But maybe I did, but it could have come from under the ski locker. Anyway you can try and see if it helps. The water did not come out all at once it came out over several hours. I could have more in the bucket this weekend, I will see.Thanks again.
    Yeah, 4 gallons seems like a lot from under the gas tank. And it would have come out all at once. Maybe in your case, some of the water under the locker is coming out under the bulkhead.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I havent gotten anymore water out after 5 more trys with the vacum so Im going to add a small deck plate and be done with it. I would say in total I got maybe 2 gallons total. Even with this I still plan on getting another Moomba when the time comes.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    I havent gotten anymore water out after 5 more trys with the vacum so Im going to add a small deck plate and be done with it. I would say in total I got maybe 2 gallons total. Even with this I still plan on getting another Moomba when the time comes.
    If you don't that would totally screw up your signature

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Add me to the list. However on my boat I noticed there is a small 1/8" diameter hole in the floor of the ski locker so maybe i can get it take care of under warranty hopefully.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Default Finding a Solution

Well it seems we keep adding more to the list of the "mystery water" getting to the bottom of your lockers. (really we still only have hunches)There as been a lot of conversing about the boat quality and the little imperfections of this boat and others. I have friends that own all of the big three and they all have their issues, a lot bigger than this.

I own an 04 and the guys that own boats newer and have paid over 35k to 40k plus,this should not be an issue, you shouldn't have to deal with this after paying that kind of money. It doesn't matter if it is a Master Craft or a Moomba , there should be no water trapped in the bottom of the hull.

I am still not very impressed with SC comment " to do what most guys have done and drill a hole and vacuum it out", I've already done that and would like some input for the guys that build these boats on a long term solution, i.e.: bilge pump, fiberglass repair (where), install a drain with a hose from the locker to the rear bilge, gasket or seal replacement ...........SC you can jump in anytime, you guys have the knowledge to solve this issue or at lest guide us in the right direction.
    We don't all have dealers just around the corner to get their input, the boys in the design department need to give us some input.
    Last edited by T100; 11-11-2010 at 06:36 PM.
    2004 MOBIUS LSV
    2008 Tacoma