Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Wow, what a great looking upgrade!! Will you be offering this for a while or is it a "limited time offer"?
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by rc5695 View Post
    Those look great! Great price too!

For the rear, do they slide down over the boat guides? I know the guides on my older (2000) trailer are welded on, and have a ring welded on them so the plastic stays up where it is supposed to. It looks like your diamondplate is pretty close to the same size as the guide at the bottom. Might just be the picture though?

Is it aluminum or SS? What is the thickness?

Thanks, Ryan

Mine are pretty tight but the ones I sell will have play in them so all you will have to do is rem/ove the guid post pad and slide the step plate down over the post. The diamond plate is aluminum. I believe it is either .045 or .060.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by csmsk View Post
    Wow, what a great looking upgrade!! Will you be offering this for a while or is it a "limited time offer"?

For a while. I can allways use gas and beer money LOL!
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

Stretch, how easy is it to remove ghe OEM rubber pads and adhesive? Got any tips on the easiest way to clean/prep the trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    Stretch, how easy is it to remove ghe OEM rubber pads and adhesive? Got any tips on the easiest way to clean/prep the trailer?
    Once I got mine started they came right off. I got some adhessive remover from the home depot and wiped any old stuck on crud off. I would say pretty much the same principals as removing a swim deck pad.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

stretch,
    You really are not being helpful to my check book. That is a great looking upgrade. Very well done.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    stretch,
    You really are not being helpful to my check book. That is a great looking upgrade. Very well done.
    I saw a new Malibu 247 LSV the other week and on the transom it said, "kids' college fund"

Sled491 Guest

If it wasn't for the fact that my trailer sits all summer in a storage compound and gets used twice a year period I would like this upgrade. Very nice.

Ok so I'm in for a set. Can't wait to pop-rivet these babies on. You'll be able to ship em out tomorrow right?? <--j/k pm sent

Stretch i'm not trying to steal your thunder by any means! BUT my experience with diamond plate has been nothing but bad, again just my opinion. So i have a suggestion.

I had aluminum DP on my last trailer and everywhere it was placed was rusted badly underneath and it was also pop rivited. I had to drill out all the rivets and fix and paint everything. Even though the aluminum won't rust the trapped water underneath plays havoc with the steel.

My suggestion would be to use adhesive sheets underneath so that can't happen. Any barrier that prevents water from getting underneath will not allow it to happen. 3M makes many products in sheet form that will do the job, may cost a bit more but it's worth it.

Just my two cents worth.

BTW, your kit looks real good, nice job!
    Last edited by Razzman; 04-14-2010 at 01:11 PM.
    2007 Mobius LSV