Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Yea this isnt exactly a rest vacation thats for sure. But last year Claudia kept comming down because her dad was sick and passed away. I never visited last year so this year we desided to realy break in the new Equinox Sport we just got for her and put 5K miles on it with all the trips LOL.

Its not to bad for vacation because at the very least im not working, and its been raining non stop in Portland so im not missing boating weather eighter.
    I'd be interested in knowing your opinion of the Equinox Sport? My wife got a new one in '08. Very nice vehicle, handles great, drive is smooth. I went with AWD, being in WI and all, handles awesome in the snow. Plenty of HP for a crossover! I'm not too impressed with the gas mileage. Seems to run around 18 mpg with fairly equal amounts of highway and city miles. One could run a larger vehicle, like a trailblazer or something, and get equal if not better mpg; plus would have full towing capacity then. I'm kinda mehhh, about it. Some things I like, other things I don't (like no map lights, come on! who doesn't put map lights in these days!).

Sorry to pull this discussion so far off topic, what was the topic anyways?

Well i have been driving the Equinox all vacation lol. Comming from my F150 4x4 with 400hp i was quite impressed with the power this car has. 3.7 V6 with 265 hp.

We have Sport with the AWD also. 18 wheels and the Goodyear Performance tires 50 series. IT has a very firm sport car ride and realy hugs the road well when we were doing 75 threw the mountain passes that say 55 lol. I have been pushing the car to see its ability.

As a matter a fact the car handles realy well at 105mph lol. We where cruising along at 75 and a mustang we were passing decided he didnt want to be passed and flew passed us, then cut in front of me and slowed to 65 What an ASS!!! So i stomped it and flew around the right lane and he stomped it and i out ran him or he gave up idk but the speedo said 105 when i changed lanes in front of him.

As for milage i too have been very disapointed in the milage. In portland we are only getting 15 to 18 also depends on where we go. On the way to Utah threw Idaho we got 18 to 20 and i said the same thing. My F150 gets 18 on the highway and i was very disapointed.

As we got past Vegas and into AZ the milage went way up, we are gettign 23 to 25 now. I assume the low elevation of the south creates better milage.

In review of the car, Claudia realy loves it, i like it a lot. Im not impressed with its milage but im very impressed with the performace on all levels, including the brakes. I think we made a great choice for a second car for her to drive but the goal of taking it everyware to save gas well...LOL

My truck of course has the same problem in Portland i only get 12 to 14 mpg. When we travel to AZ i can get 16 to 18 in the city and 20 on the highway.

One thing to take into consideration is this is an AWD and it weighs 5600 so its much heavier then a normal car and weighs in at most SUV weights. My truck is 6600 pounds
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]