Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Barefoot Boom

Quote Originally Posted by Sled491 View Post
    Max is right, our boats are just a bit slow to be good barefoot boats. Not to say you can't do it, but for anybody over 170 -180 it's just a touch slow. Lucky for me, between my buddies there are 3 MC barefoot boats and 1 Sanger so if the mood so strikes me I'm covered

I must say, I'm very surprised at this. I haven't tried barefooting behind the Moomba but I've barefooted behind a bunch of other inboards that don't seem any faster or more powerful than my Moomba. I also have an 1982 American Skier with a 351W (240hp) and that thing pulls footers fine.
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

A guy by the name of Mike Seipel from Barefoot International

That is "thee Mike Seipel" pretty much a legend..

http://www.waterskihalloffame.com/do...e%20Seipel.htm
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

When barefooting behing my outback I find the speed acceptable on boom, shortline, and long line. Just for reference, I'm about 5'11" and 200 lbs. I find footin the same behind my brothers Mobius LS the same even though it is about 2-3 mph slower on top end cause its 300lbs dry weight heavier.

I just know from experience on the ski team that the inboards a always just a bit slower out of the hole. wait just an extra sec or two to let the boat pickup some speed.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

I dont remember what the model # was of the boom that I bought from flath20, but i have an 08 Moomba LS and it worked like a charm!!! Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by MNKid View Post
    With the boom behind the tower leg, hows the angle of tthe boom? Doesn't it angle to the back of the boat?
    No, that is about where the contour of the boom in the boat puts it. The only difference was the length to the front of the boat as compared to my old MC.

With my boat loaded with people and gas, I doubt that I was getting much over 40mph and it took a lot longer than my old MC to get there. My form is not the best and I haven't footed consistantly in a long time, so most of the issue was with me and not the boat. But, it is easier to foot faster, especially when your form isn't great.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

This is my Barefoot International boom on my '07 Outback. The boom fits nicely behind the driver seat and out the driver's side, clearing both the windshield and tower base. Driver's seat is not all the way forward. This is in my driveway. Still not on the water. Sigh.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

at the end of the day we actually played a game ...how slow can you go......i could barefoot down to 22 mph and the best guy didn't fall till we were doing 19 mph...
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    at the end of the day we actually played a game ...how slow can you go......i could barefoot down to 22 mph and the best guy didn't fall till we were doing 19 mph...
    Was he the best or just the lightest?
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

i'm 170, but he is a better footer and prob weighed about 160.....just something diff to have some fun
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

I'll have to take that game to Sled. He and I are getting together to try the new barefoot boom.
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart