PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Mojo

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

larry_arizona
11-11-2020, 10:32 AM
Funny how ballast still creeps higher and higher. For any boat boat maker. What is the std for the Mojo now- 4K?

I think it’s interesting the Mojo is listed at 4300#, but a Supra SA or SL are 5800#s and 5600#s. Always surprised me.

Thus got to sink that hull for the displacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is crazy to me, mojo is 23 feet, The SA is shorter at 22.5 and somehow weighs 1500# more. Has to be significantly more fiberglass in the SA vs Mojo.

Mobius22
11-11-2020, 10:39 AM
Mojo dry weight is 4,800. Big difference between SA/SL and Mojo is the power tower is significantly heavier.

dakota4ce
11-11-2020, 10:46 AM
Mojo dry weight is 4,800. Big difference between SA/SL and Mojo is the power tower is significantly heavier.

Power tower weighs a billion pounds. Probably.

Isaguel
11-11-2020, 10:58 AM
This is crazy to me, mojo is 23 feet, The SA is shorter at 22.5 and somehow weighs 1500# more. Has to be significantly more fiberglass in the SA vs Mojo.

It certainly must be fiberglass. The SA is 200# heavier than the SL which is a foot longer, and otherwise all other components are the same. But SA is deeper and looks beefier. So the difference is all in the extra fiberglass. Who new FG was that heavy!.

Dank
11-11-2020, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=haknslash;360759]Created a superimposed A3 vs A3 Pro tower and bimini images for you. The A3 Pro bimini is a few inches longer forward and aft. It also has a shorter distance between the top of the windshield to the bottom of the bimini and a lower overall height (should help fit in more garages).

----

DUDE!!!! that's awesome!!! thanks for doing this!!! re-confirms my decision to go a3 - i'm 6'3 and with the 10" speakers need all the help I can get. Perfect! it is smaller, but marginal, IMO.

Dank
11-11-2020, 02:05 PM
For chits and giggles comparing the Mojo and Max. Interesting that the Kaiyen, Mondo and Mojo all use a ginormous single fin vs the Craz, Makai and Max having two smaller fins. Also interesting how deep the Mojo appears to be. It's almost as deep as the Max is! I aligned the shaft and prop up together and you can see how they layout the proportions of the two boats. Pretty interesting.

https://i.imgur.com/ciog0md.jpg

DUDE! THIS IS AWESOME TOO!!! Coming from a MAX to Mojo -- very awesome comparison!!! few observations, .....I was worried that the max freeboard (height?) was so much deeper .. but here you can see it is a bit, but not a TON taller. another major observation is going from 2 bottom " tracking fins" (what are they called? ) - to one big one that looks a lot deeper... what difference do you think that might make?? I know for the MAX over the last 3 seasons.. at low speeds that thing had ZERO tracking.. (driving onto trailer etc..) - like seriously turned into a spinning top.. i just wonder what the difference if any may be??

Is the tower the same? we had a 2018 - but I heard 2019+ went to a different one? can't remember what it was called? Is the A3 the old one we had on the 18 max? It doesn't really look the same above? (looks less wide at the base?)

the bottom and shape of the hull is slightly different looks like.. wonder also how that might change choppy water ride.. obviously the mojo is longer..

obviously the "beak nose" on the mojo ... (anyone know the purpose of this?) ..if i had my choice, I like the max nose shape better.. but oh well..

THANKS FOR DOING THIS!! COOL IDEA MAN!!

Dank
11-11-2020, 02:10 PM
Living in Knoxville TN has a few perks, you are going to love this boat. It was my favorite boat in the Moomba lineup, still is.

DUDE -- - what are you telling us here? Is this a hint? Have you seen one in person / ridden one??? suspense is killing us.

I've never bought a boat without a demo (or at least a test run)!! ..

Dank
11-11-2020, 02:16 PM

I'm seeing on the 2021 websites - SA is listed at 5800 lbs and the mojo is listed at 4800 lbs - so 1k difference?

I would add to that - the stock ballast on Mojo is 500lbs more, and 70 vs 60 gallons of fuel .. makes up for a half of the difference (stock weight anyway).. add a min. of 500 lbs lead and you are right there (as far as stock weight)...

I'm NOT saying by any means it will be as good.. of course not..because it's NOT... but - just saying - basic hull / weight comparison. As others said, I'm sure the tower on the SA is hefty weight...vs the A3. and I'm sure, overall build quality is no comparison.

am I missing something?

dakota4ce
11-11-2020, 02:25 PM
It can be as good if done right, or close enough to to not be able to tell the difference.

This Flow 3 Max setup is as good as any Skier’s Choice wave I have ever personally produced. So it’s right up there.

You’re gonna have a great boat.

larry_arizona
11-11-2020, 02:26 PM
I'm seeing on the 2021 websites - SA is listed at 5800 lbs and the mojo is listed at 4800 lbs - so 1k difference?

I would add to that - the stock ballast on Mojo is 500lbs more, and 70 vs 60 gallons of fuel .. makes up for a half of the difference (stock weight anyway).. add a min. of 500 lbs lead and you are right there (as far as stock weight)...

I'm NOT saying by any means it will be as good.. of course not..because it's NOT... but - just saying - basic hull / weight comparison. As others said, I'm sure the tower on the SA is hefty weight...vs the A3. and I'm sure, overall build quality is no comparison.

am I missing something?

I borrowed the 4300# data and the correct Mojo data is 4800#

Dank
11-11-2020, 02:39 PM
also --- looking at the supras -- the SR uses a single tracking fin, all others use two tracking fins.... HMMM... now i'm really confused!

for more giggles... can you do this Layover / superimposed photo of the Mojo and the SA? I'd be super interested to see?

Dank
11-11-2020, 02:46 PM
QUESTION: the 2021 MAX doesn't get flow 3 - correct? Dealer told me no, and I don't see it as an option on the website.. part of the decision we went mojo this time around.. does it?

Or - did you mean, the flow 3 system (max'ed out) - does a great job? ..........reason I ask is - My wife said someone posted on the FB forum a 2021 max with flow 3??

Chuds
11-11-2020, 03:16 PM
Dank,

Dakota added Flow 3 to his Max and is likely the person being referenced on the FB page and you are correct it is not an option from the factory.

dakota4ce
11-11-2020, 03:18 PM
Dank,

Dakota added Flow 3 to his Max and is likely the person being referenced on the FB page and you are correct it is not an option from the factory.

Correct on all accounts! The wave is a damned beast.

Dank
11-11-2020, 04:37 PM
No way!! how the heck did you do that!??!??

I LOVED my max wave (850 of lead and another 750 water bag on surf side) -- with 2.0. thing was awesome! it was my favorite (people laugh at me when i tell them that)..

Would you expect the same good wave from a new Mojo? I hope so.

KnoxMojo
11-11-2020, 04:41 PM
Correct on all accounts! The wave is a damned beast.

Dakota gets the super special orders every year, gotta be on his level! Lol.... the new SA fuel tank is 63 gallons, down from the previous 65. Happy to see the Mojo get another 21 gallons vs my old 2015, much needed. The larger single tracking fin makes the boat easier to get to yaw, or so I'm told. The new Mojo is more surf centered and less wakeboard whereas the SA is still a wake beast... also, I'm sure MJH has seen the new Mojo or been on it....I know the wakeboarding mag editor that did the shoot, he was very impressed with the Mojo, it's a homerun.

rdlangston13
11-11-2020, 04:46 PM
The larger single tracking fin makes the boat easier to get to yaw, or so I'm told.

That is kind of what I figured on the fin. The boat would pivot around one single fin better than two in a line so the yaw thing makes sense. I knew they had to have some performance reason for it. Funny how they used to have up to three to help track straight and now we are trying to get boats to crab walk on purpose.

larry_arizona
11-11-2020, 04:48 PM
21SA fuel tank is listed at 60 gallons versus the 20SA at 63 gallons

KnoxMojo
11-11-2020, 04:53 PM
21SA fuel tank is listed at 60 gallons versus the 20SA at 63 gallons

Wonder why they shaved off 3 gallons when the hull is the same. Must be the in floor stuff.

BigOrange
11-11-2020, 05:11 PM
That is kind of what I figured on the fin. The boat would pivot around one single fin better than two in a line so the yaw thing makes sense. I knew they had to have some performance reason for it. Funny how they used to have up to three to help track straight and now we are trying to get boats to crab walk on purpose.

Do you all think that this setup will hurt the tracking ability of the boat when wakeboarding with a heavy lean on the line?

KnoxMojo
11-11-2020, 05:29 PM
Do you all think that this setup will hurt the tracking ability of the boat when wakeboarding with a heavy lean on the line?

Doubtful, in the videos, that's Trevor Hansen riding, he pulls hard, didn't seem to affect it much. The single tracking fin is pretty big.

Dank
11-11-2020, 05:56 PM
two random questions - did anyone notice how much on the wake 9 Mondo review - how much that boat "pushed" through the water.. it really looked like it was "ploughing" through the water, and overall, looked very close to (deeper in ) the water.. might have been an effect from the lead he said he needed in the front of the boat.. .

Wondering if we should expect the same from the mojo? Although, I just watched the Mojo review and they only show it surfing for a split second, it looked more normal, slight bow rise..

Looked for other videos of the 2021 supra lineup for comparison (how much they "plough") and oddly enough, on the website anyway .. they don't really show it while under surf.. ?

Oh - and for the 2021 Mojo - anyone know if it comes with 2 (rear facing) backrests for the seats? Like, it shows one behind the driver seat on the website build... in the review video, they show (parker payne) sitting on the passenger side, and the person in from of him has the backrest also.. does it come with two? or do you get one and have to use it on one side only?

Dumb question, I know.. but just curious... would be great if it came with one for both sides! I'm thinking / expecting it will only come with one and you have to choose the side to use it on..

MJHSupra
11-11-2020, 07:13 PM
I think it’s interesting the Mojo is listed at 4300#, but a Supra SA or SL are 5800#s and 5600#s. Always surprised me.

Dang it. Fat-fingered the number. 4800#s. Sorry.

Thanks for the check

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201111/4c4bd24cb70935dd6d70a0f7827ff094.jpg

MJHSupra
11-11-2020, 09:53 PM
DUDE -- - what are you telling us here? Is this a hint? Have you seen one in person / ridden one??? suspense is killing us.

I've never bought a boat without a demo (or at least a test run)!! ..

Yea, that is a tough deal ordering w/o riding on one. Not sure I could do that.

Trevor Hansen's review is pretty good for the all the big changes. Spot on. Good video.

As of the wake and wave, I'm sure once the dealers get the orders and start to demo, the interweb will be buzzing with pics and videos.

Steve B
11-12-2020, 09:49 AM
two random questions - did anyone notice how much on the wake 9 Mondo review - how much that boat "pushed" through the water.. it really looked like it was "ploughing" through the water, and overall, looked very close to (deeper in ) the water.. might have been an effect from the lead he said he needed in the front of the boat.. .

Wondering if we should expect the same from the mojo? Although, I just watched the Mojo review and they only show it surfing for a split second, it looked more normal, slight bow rise..

Looked for other videos of the 2021 supra lineup for comparison (how much they "plough") and oddly enough, on the website anyway .. they don't really show it while under surf.. ?

Oh - and for the 2021 Mojo - anyone know if it comes with 2 (rear facing) backrests for the seats? Like, it shows one behind the driver seat on the website build... in the review video, they show (parker payne) sitting on the passenger side, and the person in from of him has the backrest also.. does it come with two? or do you get one and have to use it on one side only?

Dumb question, I know.. but just curious... would be great if it came with one for both sides! I'm thinking / expecting it will only come with one and you have to choose the side to use it on..

I was told that it comes with the second back rest standard. I had the dealer specifically ask and that was the response that he got.

MJHSupra
11-12-2020, 05:21 PM
Wake9 posted some pics on social media from the other day:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201112/60a402af921c4bcd03a91874bd90c367.jpg

MJHSupra
11-12-2020, 05:22 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201112/ebc688cc6621100ae23304e8bd5fc5fe.jpg

Prospersigman
11-12-2020, 05:29 PM
A LOT of human ballast in that boat...just saying. No doubt that he knows how to setup a surf boat for the best possible wave!!

It will be interesting to see how much additional lead he has in there as well...I'm guessing 600-800lbs plus an additional 1000+ pounds of crew.

MJHSupra
11-12-2020, 05:31 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201112/a03d3cc1d2fd0cc904f41c776c6268a7.jpg

MJHSupra
11-12-2020, 05:36 PM
A LOT of human ballast in that boat...just saying. No doubt that he knows how to setup a surf boat for the best possible wave!!

It will be interesting to see how much additional lead he has in there as well...I'm guessing 600-800lbs plus an additional 1000+ pounds of crew.

Six adults in the back.

All of his recent videos are comparing Stock Ballast, then Add’l Ballast. I assume giving the viewer the option of looking at both waves.

Swervy
11-12-2020, 07:04 PM
Anyone know the draft on the mojo? I’m guessing around 28” like the rest of the line up, but it would be nice to know.

Dank
11-12-2020, 07:49 PM
I was told that it comes with the second back rest standard. I had the dealer specifically ask and that was the response that he got.

that's good news!!! thanks for the clarification!!

Dank
11-12-2020, 07:50 PM

sent from my iphone using tapatalk

that WAVE loooks aweeesome!!! OMG!!!

BUT DUDE!!?? what's with how low it's sitting??? that's what I was referring to earlier in this post (when i saw the w9 video of the mondo was sitting so low) -- this seems to be doing the same?? kinda worried about that?

Is that Normal for it to "plough" through the water and sit so low???

It looks like an overloaded ski boat??

someone hold me... I'm scared.

Isaguel
11-12-2020, 08:16 PM
Can u sill see rubrail? Yes

Its Not too low.:cool:

Chuds
11-12-2020, 08:17 PM
I would say (and let me preface this by saying this is my first v drive so I really know nothing compared to most on here) that is how the wake9 crew roles with their SC boats to get the best wave. I look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v354yYxynns and their Supra SA is ploughing through the water when they have it weighted and dialed in. Why? I don't fully know but I would say that you need to displace the water and have it plough through and I would imagine you max ploughed through the water to a similar degree but riding inside how would you know? The state that the Mondo felt super safe and not the least bit over loaded and it is a good few inches below the rub rail at the worst spot and still a decent distance to the top beyond that so to suggest that it is starting to look like an overloaded ski boat the ones I have seen the water looks flush or above the top of the sunpad on the back corner when it is listed so it is not that bad :) The other thing with the drone footage will make it look worse and the water at it's high point is mid boat is likely a ways off the boat itself where the wave is created not actually running up the side of the boat so I would suggest it is not near as bad as the footage might make it seem but someone else can confirm as I said I know very little lol.

larry_arizona
11-12-2020, 08:17 PM
Don’t let the displacement scare you.

Way better than bow rise

dakota4ce
11-12-2020, 08:29 PM
P-L-O-W.

Very normal. You can toss the nose up in the air if you want to....but it sucks. I am sure I am plowing like a MF but bro that’s how this works.

sandm
11-12-2020, 08:39 PM
Way better than bow rise

this is sooooo true......

Dank
11-12-2020, 09:41 PM
P-L-O-W.

Very normal. You can toss the nose up in the air if you want to....but it sucks. I am sure I am plowing like a MF but bro that’s how this works.

🤟🏻🤟🏻🤟🏻👍🏻👍🏻

MJHSupra
11-12-2020, 10:25 PM

Pic might be a little deceiving b/c it looks like there is another boat wake at the Moomba letters.

Looks like it’s sitting lower. Lots of room when you look at the rub rail by the transom.

Dank
11-12-2020, 10:34 PM
:confused: ??? looks like glass?

Dank
11-12-2020, 10:35 PM
I'm on pins and needles waiting for the W9 video review... that guy knows his stuff....

sandm
11-12-2020, 10:45 PM
either way mjh that boat is bada$$. and notice the wave and the driver sitting down in the seat. very little bow rise....

Dank
11-13-2020, 09:12 AM
heck yeah duude! found a shot of our Max (mind you before we added lead to the nose) from another boats angle.. this was probably the second month owning it..

does look like some nose rise and the back is pretty deep in the water.. but that boat was awesome.

Prospersigman
11-13-2020, 09:39 AM
Sinking the boat down in the water allows the hull to plow through the water and help create the wave. Notice how even the boat sits in the water, no list, no bow rise.

Will be interesting to see what pitch and roll they used to create this wave on the new Mojo. It looks like 1 to-1 for the roll on the regular wvae but not sure that is a 9 degree pitch with how low the bow is sitting. I know when I am at 9 pitch and 1 roll in my SL my bow sits higher than this Mojo is sitting in the water.

Dank
11-13-2020, 10:02 AM
"Soulcraft Jordi Pro
Phase Five Matrix " -- heck yeah, those are the BOARDS right there!!

Here is a screen grab from the review video - - looks here like the nose is a bit higher.. my guess is that he ended up adding lead to the nose just like he did with the Mondo.. I'll be curious on the pitch/roll settings as well. I know his magic formula is 9.5 usually.

In another post, he says something about the wave being "still moomba / supra" but "unique" - whatever that means! and something about the lip being different.

Woody929
11-13-2020, 11:31 AM
Created a superimposed A3 vs A3 Pro tower and bimini images for you. The A3 Pro bimini is a few inches longer forward and aft. It also has a shorter distance between the top of the windshield to the bottom of the bimini and a lower overall height (should help fit in more garages).

https://i.imgur.com/jfqz6jq.jpg

----

https://i.imgur.com/oEUUGiU.jpg

I just did something similar in Photoshop. It is interesting if you do the overlay with the Rev10s. You’ll see they never move lower with the Pro Tower, and they actually show through the top of the bimini by a few inches. You can actually see this in the builder if you’re looking for it from the profile view. An error on their side, but something to keep in mind for the taller people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MJHSupra
11-13-2020, 11:55 AM
I'm on pins and needles waiting for the W9 video review... that guy knows his stuff....

Yea, talking to Robert he tells me it takes time to put them together and splice all of the footage together. I've noticed over the years they are getting better and better. Really liked his last few videos on the Supra SA and Moomba Mondo. I feel like I pick-up something new on each one.

Wish I could say more on the Mojo ride from the other day, but I want to "stay in my lane". It's Wake9's video/pics. I do not feel comfortable jumping ahead of them on settings, weight, observations, etc. I was lucky to go along with them & the nice factory folks from Skier's Choice.

Nice boat . . . .

Dank
11-13-2020, 06:40 PM
I love this... . I love you dude. and agree... he's putting in a lot of time and effort I would say..

z28ke
11-13-2020, 08:29 PM
The “bow low” attitude in that pic is inadvertently deceiving IMO. To me it looks like the bow just crossed the wake of a “chase” boat that’s obviously in front of it, and the pic was taken at the bottom of the wave (it went up and over, then photo snapped at the very bottom before evening back out). I used red to highlight why I’m leaning this direction:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201114/7ddf156fb0387bc413dbc0cc98f4106f.jpg

MJHSupra
11-14-2020, 04:38 PM
It’s a frame from a video. It will make sense once the drone is moving around the boat. Zooms out.

There were a few other boats around that afternoon.

DNIXD99
11-15-2020, 08:49 AM
Looks like shes riding pretty far back in the curl.

arsnlgunnr
12-10-2020, 06:27 PM
First 20201 Mojo posted for sale with actual pictures. Looks like they got it in and immediately took pics, didn't even install the tower speakers :D

https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2021-moomba-mojo-23--7684163/

MJHSupra
12-10-2020, 08:13 PM
First 20201 Mojo posted for sale with actual pictures. Looks like they got it in and immediately took pics, didn't even install the tower speakers :D

https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2021-moomba-mojo-23--7684163/

Nice color scheme on that blue.

Our local dealer has one in Knoxville. Not sure it’s advertised.

MJHSupra
12-10-2020, 08:20 PM
Orange works in Knoxville

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201211/f3631a44e1ebb45c8a05f2f1923a05d7.jpg

MJHSupra
12-10-2020, 08:21 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201211/955c6147a1f5bbedaabf2c80efb7825e.jpg

sandm
12-10-2020, 08:41 PM
LOVE that orange and silver flake. that's a badass boat....
the back transom area is much nicer than ours and moomba did a great job in that design-still a sundeck but walkover as well. dual spots for cupholders and phones on the passenger side is nice.

my only bitch and we had it with the kaiyen we were going to order. looks like the phone charger spot is still on the top center of the dash. not sure who thinks that is the best place for a 1k cellphone in the 110deg desert.

otherwise that boat should be a hit for moomba for sure...

Woody929
12-10-2020, 08:46 PM
Sure is making me excited to see these. Last I heard my spray date is January 17th.

BigOrange
12-10-2020, 08:57 PM
I’d like to know who premiere sells that boat to because I’d really be interested in picking it up gently used in a few years.

KnoxMojo
12-10-2020, 09:14 PM
I’d like to know who premiere sells that boat to because I’d really be interested in picking it up gently used in a few years.

Why wait? If 2020 has taught us anything, it's to live for the now. Just go get it!

BigOrange
12-10-2020, 09:44 PM
Ha! One of my rules - never new. If this crazy market stays like it is, who knows? Maybe I could get 65k for my 2016!

Woody929
12-10-2020, 09:49 PM
Ha! One of my rules - never new. If this crazy market stays like it is, who knows? Maybe I could get 65k for my 2016!

Could’ve done better than that in late July. That’s exactly what I did. My wife was mad that we sold, but 3 days from list to it driving away couldn’t be beat.

j.mo
12-11-2020, 03:02 AM
How much are these running adequately equipped?

Isaguel
12-11-2020, 08:21 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201211/955c6147a1f5bbedaabf2c80efb7825e.jpg

I have to admit, I like that color scheme, not sure I would buy it myself, but would likely walk around and admire it at the dock. Not brave enough to choose one of the more unconventional color schemes but I do appreciate them.

"my only bitch and we had it with the kaiyen we were going to order. looks like the phone charger spot is still on the top center of the dash. not sure who thinks that is the best place for a 1k cellphone in the 110deg desert."

That's a good reason to tint the windshield. It looks good and does make some difference in the temp at the dash. Its one of the upgrades I'm going to make next year, after the FAE.

BigOrange
12-11-2020, 08:27 AM
How much are these running adequately equipped?

Roughly $96k to 102k on the builder well optioned.

arsnlgunnr
12-11-2020, 09:27 AM
the back transom area is much nicer than ours and moomba did a great job in that design-still a sundeck but walkover as well. dual spots for cupholders and phones on the passenger side is nice.

my only bitch and we had it with the kaiyen we were going to order. looks like the phone charger spot is still on the top center of the dash. not sure who thinks that is the best place for a 1k cellphone in the 110deg desert.

I had that same thought the first time I saw the promo video. No way am I putting my phone one the dash in the middle of summer in direct sunlight. Tinting may help, but I would still be nervous about it. Maybe the bimini coverage shades it enough?

MJHSupra
12-11-2020, 10:39 AM

I do too. A few years ago I almost purchased a low hour Supra SG with the same color scheme from OK. Person did not want to come down in price. Oh well, ended up with a SL, so it was better in long-run for me.

sandm
12-11-2020, 11:45 AM
That's a good reason to tint the windshield. It looks good and does make some difference in the temp at the dash. Its one of the upgrades I'm going to make next year, after the FAE.

our last boat came tinted. we decided to live with it for the last few months of summer and see if we liked it. hated it and ripped the tint off over the winter. it looks good but it's a BITCH to drive, cuts your vision and I can't even imagine trying to drive in dusk/night. there's a reason it's illegal in almost every state to tint your front car windshield. it plain sucks when the sun isn't up.
for us, we would not compromise safety for looks.

moomba should build that dash up and make a shelf under with the charger. toss it in the cubby and voila. charged and no sun.

Guppydriver
12-11-2020, 01:59 PM
Roughly $96k to 102k on the builder well optioned.

Spot on...

I was offered a very well equipped one for 103k after 7.5% tax. That puts it at 97K before tax (all other fees/prep/delivery/china tax included). This was with a 400 though....450 would change things a bit by about 5-7K.

j.mo
12-11-2020, 02:05 PM
Wouldn’t you guys rather have something like this for 100k?

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/boa/d/el-verano-2017-super-air-nautique-230/7244589809.html

sandm
12-11-2020, 02:38 PM
Wouldn’t you guys rather have something like this for 100k?

115k for a 245hr used boat or 103k for a new mojo otd? I know where my monies would go and its not used......

that wave, although nice in the one pic sure isn't enough to make me or my boat jealous :D

Prospersigman
12-11-2020, 03:09 PM
No question I would rather have the 2021 Mojo. Nautique builds a great boat, with a higher build quality (in my opinion) than a Moomba, but the wave is not gonna be better on the Mojo when dialed than a 2017 230...no question!!

larry_arizona
12-11-2020, 05:44 PM
2017 G23 yes, 2017 230 probably not

MJHSupra
12-12-2020, 12:47 PM
Wake9 posted on social media yesterday. They did another test drive and video shoot on the 2021 Mojo. Review to come soon.

R&D boat had something going on during the first shoot, but all good now.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201212/beec8973f2e18e8424c27e55fe8ae699.jpg

MJHSupra
12-12-2020, 12:47 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201212/6047077ef7c4243adde5bd410774def0.jpg

MJHSupra
12-12-2020, 12:48 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201212/9c8900be4f9559788a69967cd8b22acb.jpg

BigOrange
12-12-2020, 01:04 PM
Both of those waves look to have super clean faces

sandm
12-12-2020, 01:28 PM
those are great looking waves... MUCH better than the one posted in that 2017 ad :)

wonder if that's factory ballast. robert isn't afraid of weight for sure...... kinda looks like it's sunk a little deeper on the goofy side.

Dank
12-13-2020, 01:56 PM

.....I always just threw a T-shirt or a hat over the phone - problem solved!

Dank
12-13-2020, 02:00 PM
"for us, we would not compromise safety for looks."

Not a fan of the tinted - for those exact reasons. spot on.

larry_arizona
12-13-2020, 02:01 PM
Just not sure why they did a vertical charger on the Supra and horizontal on the Moomba.

I guess horizontal is less expensive to execute.

MJHSupra
12-13-2020, 02:09 PM
wonder if that's factory ballast. robert isn't afraid of weight for sure...... kinda looks like it's sunk a little deeper on the goofy side.

I agree. I’m betting he does his typical runs:

He will record a run with some video on factory ballast to get a baseline.

The next run will be video with lead, 500 to 1000#s.

Prospersigman
12-15-2020, 12:56 PM
https://www.onlyinboards.com/2021-Moomba-Mojo-for-sale-Lebanon-Tennessee-119551.aspx

One of the 1st 2021s that I have seen listed on the web...good looking boat!

jph3
12-15-2020, 02:22 PM
Yes, I would order almost the exact same... Love that colorway!

jcredible
12-15-2020, 02:26 PM
There are a lot of nice little finish pieces I can see:

1) Cupholder raised at drivers seat...this drives me nuts where it is on my 2019.
2) Love the placement of the heater...with a little shelf to put your soft cooler on too!
3) Not sure what I think about the removable seat section to be honest...would have to sit in it and see.
4) Batteries and trash can in floor is cool

It's crazy how deep it looks from the rear!!

Tommy2slow
12-15-2020, 02:54 PM
Looks like Moomba killed the backlit logo in the gunnels. Too bad. That was a lux touch.

Isaguel
12-15-2020, 06:23 PM
https://www.onlyinboards.com/2021-Moomba-Mojo-for-sale-Lebanon-Tennessee-119551.aspx

One of the 1st 2021s that I have seen listed on the web...good looking boat!

Very nice. That is quite a few steps above my '15 Mojo in luxury appearance. Like the interior, the tower is much improved. Much nicer dash. I do wish they would've framed the 7"screen in aluminum. The wide black plastic does not fit well with a +100k$ boat. That is the flagship of Moomba line.

Mobius22
12-16-2020, 04:51 PM
The 7" screen is framed in aluminum

jnr4817
12-16-2020, 11:23 PM
This boat is at my local dealer. I might go down and take a look and some pics if they'll let me.

MJHSupra
12-16-2020, 11:50 PM
This boat is at my local dealer. I might go down and take a look and some pics if they'll let me.

Looking in one leads to sitting in one,
Sitting in one leads to taking a ride in one,
Taking a ride in one leads to writing a deposit on one.

jnr4817
12-17-2020, 10:48 AM
Looking in one leads to sitting in one,
Sitting in one leads to taking a ride in one,
Taking a ride in one leads to writing a deposit on one.

I know. We bought a used 2018 Mojo last March and it has changed our lives for the better. Wife already said we aren't trading until our warranty has a year a left on it. So 2 more years until I can even think about an upgrade. Our 2018 is dialed in and has everything we need now, so I'm not sure we'll upgrade anytime soon.

MJHSupra
12-18-2020, 11:47 AM
I know. We bought a used 2018 Mojo last March and it has changed our lives for the better. Wife already said we aren't trading until our warranty has a year a left on it. So 2 more years until I can even think about an upgrade. Our 2018 is dialed in and has everything we need now, so I'm not sure we'll upgrade anytime soon.

I'm the same with my 2018 SL. Unless there was some new invention on a new boat that allowed me to run LESS weight and get the same output for a surf wave, I see no need to sell or trade my rig right now.

Mojo would be my first Moomba pick.
SA or SL are still my first Supra picks.

It's tough on the wallet to keep with with tech on these boats and buy new . . . . unless you are on some special pricing to buy/sell each year with a dealer.

arsnlgunnr
12-21-2020, 10:28 AM
Thanks to my kick ass dealer, I was able to check out the 2021 Mojo and demo it on the water. Here are some pics:

arsnlgunnr
12-21-2020, 10:31 AM

arsnlgunnr
12-21-2020, 10:35 AM
Easter egg bow/acnchor storage :o

Dank
12-21-2020, 08:42 PM
Easter egg bow/acnchor storage :o

can't see it? :(

Dank
12-21-2020, 08:42 PM

what were the settings on the wave? Looks long.. but not very big... at all? :(

arsnlgunnr
12-21-2020, 08:45 PM
can't see it? :(

here you go

arsnlgunnr
12-21-2020, 08:56 PM
what were the settings on the wave? Looks long.. but not very big... at all? :(

When the pic was taken, we had 100% ballast and only 3 people in the boat. I wasn't driving so I don't know what the plates were set at.

Keep in mind this was just a demo, not trying to dial in the wave. To be completely honest, the pictures don't really give a good representation of the wave. The upcoming Wake9 review will give a better view on what this boat can do.

I have a 2021 Mojo on order as well and I thought the boat performed fantastic out of the box.

Dank
12-21-2020, 09:53 PM
here you go

Oooh!! That's cool!! I like it! Looks like lots of space and easy access! 👍🏻

larry_arizona
12-21-2020, 09:56 PM
The front hatch is brilliant!!!

Dank
12-21-2020, 10:03 PM
Can't wait for the w9 review. I'm sure it's great.

Sorry, just couldn't help but notice how small it was in the photo (almost flat?) .. as a skim rider, I could care less about the size, honestly. It looks long tho.

I'll chalk it up to just taken out of context.. who knows what the speed was or what the plates were at. It's just the first photo I've seen of it, so was a little surprised..no where near what my max was. I'm sure it's as good or better when set up and dialed in..

Josh828
12-21-2020, 10:17 PM
Alright first picture attempt. At the time of the photos we were actually lowering the wave trying to get it to reach farther I think the plate was almost at zero. Also one of the bags was twisted so probably only about 80-90% full. Fun fact the new rear bags extend under the seats.

haknslash
12-21-2020, 10:23 PM
Rotated it for ya ;)

https://i.imgur.com/75kveli.jpg

Dank
12-21-2020, 10:29 PM
Rotated it for ya ;)

https://i.imgur.com/75kveli.jpg

Why does it look so flat through here? Is this the same issue wake 9 was discussing (where they decided to re-do the video?) it does look crazy long tho.

Can't help but ask.. I have one on order..

larry_arizona
12-21-2020, 10:43 PM

Why does it look so flat through here? Is this the same issue wake 9 was discussing (where they decided to re-do the video?) it does look crazy long tho.

It does look flat, thinking either they are

1) going too fast
2) too much wake plate
3) need more lead like most moombas

Woody929
12-21-2020, 10:57 PM
The front hatch is brilliant!!!

My 2016 had the same, I would be disappointed if this one didn’t. That’s where I kept my box anchor

Josh828
12-21-2020, 11:05 PM

1) going too fast
2) too much wake plate

Not sure on speed. But just before this we had them wave super tall, sadly no one thought to document, (was a little chilly) during the pictures we were pushing it out. Total surf time was probably less than 8 minutes before we drained them and got the boat up to speed.

However I was also a little shocked the boat only ran 38mph. I mean water was perfect glass not a sole on the lake. Two of us in the boat and the bags had literally never been filled yet

Dank
12-21-2020, 11:06 PM

1) going too fast
2) too much wake plate

Yeah... somethings off... two pictures in a row though..

larry_arizona
12-21-2020, 11:06 PM
Not sure on speed. But just before this we had them wave super tall, sadly no one thought to document, (was a little chilly) during the pictures we were pushing it out. Total surf time was probably less than 8 minutes before we drained them and got the boat up to speed.

However I was also a little shocked the boat only ran 38mph. I mean water was perfect glass not a sole on the lake. Two of us in the boat and the bags had literally never been filled yet

How many hours were on this boat?

Isaguel
12-21-2020, 11:07 PM

I dont know though, my SL puts out a pretty tall wave, I really have to get some speed, 12 mph and put the wakeplate down so my 12 y/o son does not get shoved into the back of the boat and when I watch it on video it looks flat. Pics are deceiving when it comes to wake, its the angle, perspective and some "tunneling" effect from the lens. Unless you see the wave in person and ride it, you dont know.

Dank
12-21-2020, 11:09 PM

I would say 38 is normal - I could care less about top end, personally. Hardly ever go full speed, except at the end of a long long day of surfing back to the dock to blow the cobwebs out.. lol.

larry_arizona
12-21-2020, 11:13 PM
38 is plenty. Nobody likes “fast boat guy” on the lake.

Dank
12-21-2020, 11:18 PM
I would say 38 is normal - I could care less about top end, personally. Hardly ever go full speed, except at the end of a long long day of surfing back to the dock to blow the cobwebs out.. lol.

... will never forget the day a few summers ago when my cousin who was a professional waterskier / bare-footer (but new to the concept of surf boats) was driving and tried to 180 spin my max at full speed, like a ski boat. That didn't work out so well ... if you can imagine..

I'm like, OK - that's enough!... you're DONE!

Dank
12-21-2020, 11:29 PM
I couldn't agree more..

as far as safety.........for as much as people worry about the rollers we are putting out.. the flip side is that not a lot can go wrong at 11-12mph. we're basically driving tug boats. :-D

SONIC
12-22-2020, 09:33 AM
My first outing with my SA the wave looked just like that, a bit bigger I think but the same ultra flat garbage.
It just took some adjusting, the PO had "setup" the wave (read ruined) it was almost unsurfable.
Some tweaks to the tabs speed and ballast and it's a beast now.
My money is on just wrong setup.

It does look small and likely needs some more weight out of the box to get a truly great wave but I wouldn't worry too much about the flat spot.

larry_arizona
12-22-2020, 09:51 AM
Would be nice to know the pitch and roll numbers too. I will look for the wake 9 video.

Dealers typically don’t know how to set a boat up.

Josh828
12-22-2020, 10:07 AM
How many hours were on this boat?

0 at the time now maybe 1 haha

Josh828
12-22-2020, 10:09 AM

Oh yeah no 38 was fine just expected a few more mph, 42-45.. but man this thing is is deep now, I think it’s as deep as the Max in the rear

larry_arizona
12-22-2020, 10:09 AM
0 at the time now maybe 1 haha

Ouch, fully loaded ballast surfing and 38mph WOT on a 0 hour boat......SMH

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201222/6b2b00652b5d3c3f65b0a30b8365c19e.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201222/88070d22dd4372428b6615a10bdec90b.jpg

SONIC
12-22-2020, 10:18 AM
LOL
Dealer tactic to get more warranty work haha

MJHSupra
12-22-2020, 10:55 AM
Part of the build process is SC will drop the boat in the water and run it up down the lake. This is before all the final items are added - like badging. I assume there is a checklist of items they perform. I have seen the guys running the new boats down the lake.

I assume they might be are started at the factory before hitting the lake. Not sure of the Indmar procedures once the motors are shipped to SC.

Josh828
12-22-2020, 10:58 AM
Ouch, fully loaded ballast surfing and 38mph WOT on a 0 hour boat......SMH

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201222/6b2b00652b5d3c3f65b0a30b8365c19e.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201222/88070d22dd4372428b6615a10bdec90b.jpg

Dang, I figured the engines were already broke in from factory like most new vehicles are today. Glad you had this ill be sure to take mine on easy cruises for the first ten hours.

But with that new 7 year warranty from Indmar haha

larry_arizona
12-22-2020, 11:06 AM
Have never heard of factory broken in engines.

MJHSupra
12-22-2020, 03:10 PM
Engine break-in comes up on all the boat forums. Actually all across the board - cars, trucks, boats, race cars, etc. The replies are pretty standard:

Follow manual to a T . . . .
Modified break-in and drive it like you stole it from day one . . . .
And the "warranty claim" thing always comes up . . . .

Does anyone know of a claim being rejected due to improper break-in? I also assume since the ECM is tracking data, everyone is probably following the manual.

But since i just spent over 100K, I would be following the manual too for those 10+ hours they list.

dakota4ce
12-22-2020, 03:31 PM
Every dealer in the damn land runs boats full of ballast inside of the break in period. Everyone of them.

Most of all, likely the one that sold you the boat. I have never heard of a warranty claim being denied for this reason.

dakota4ce
12-22-2020, 03:32 PM
Would be nice to know the pitch and roll numbers too. I will look for the wake 9 video.

Dealers typically don’t know how to set a boat up.

Pitch and roll numbers are pretty much the same for all SC boats. 9-9.5° nose up at around 3° of roll plus or minus based on wave appearance. It’s pretty damn easy. 11.2-12 mph.

And smart plate 30 or under based on appearance.

Have fun!

larry_arizona
12-22-2020, 03:57 PM
I would never subscribe to the drive it like you stole it method.

Supra and Indmar gives break in details for a reason.

I also would not buy a demo. Another reason I custom order my boats.

Prospersigman
12-22-2020, 05:10 PM
Two of the 3 previous boats I have owned were demo boats and I guarantee they didn't follow the break in at the dealer and I've never had a single issue.

You telling me when Parker Payne or Sean Silveria get a new boat from Supra they are doing a 10-hour break in...No f'ing chance, they are loading them down with full ballast and an extra 1000-1500lbs of lead that day and surfing the s--t out of them.

SONIC
12-22-2020, 05:42 PM
Break-in is a pain point in every engine centric sport.

My opinion is that it's a good idea. Probably not necessary but it certainly can't hurt.
More important than the break-in IMO is getting an oil change in pretty early. 20ish hours or less if you've been pushing it. Engines wear in, and as soon as that's done you want to get as much of that shit out of the engine as possible.

I've rebuilt lots of engines and have babied some and treated some like garbage, I can't tell a difference but IMO it never hurts to be careful out of the gate. It's a few dollars in oil for peace of mind.

larry_arizona
12-22-2020, 05:50 PM
Two of the 3 previous boats I have owned were demo boats and I guarantee they didn't follow the break in at the dealer and I've never had a single issue.

You telling me when Parker Payne or Sean Silveria get a new boat from Supra they are doing a 10-hour break in...No f'ing chance, they are loading them down with full ballast and an extra 1000-1500lbs of lead that day and surfing the s--t out of them.

The difference with Parker and Sean is they get a free boat or at least only own it for 1-2 seasons.

Not saying it’s going to cause a failure, but if it’s my boat, I am following or exceeding maintenance.

A 10 hour break in is not that hard, around here spring takes a while to get water temps reasonable, couple days putzing around lake is not too bad.

sandm
12-22-2020, 06:12 PM
Break-in is a pain point in every engine centric sport.

My opinion is that it's a good idea. Probably not necessary but it certainly can't hurt.
More important than the break-in IMO is getting an oil change in pretty early. 20ish hours or less if you've been pushing it. Engines wear in, and as soon as that's done you want to get as much of that shit out of the engine as possible.

I've rebuilt lots of engines and have babied some and treated some like garbage, I can't tell a difference but IMO it never hurts to be careful out of the gate. It's a few dollars in oil for peace of mind.

we follow this line of thought but if you ready any manual your truck that you tow the boat with has a break in period as well and how many dealers take you for a demo and part of that demo is onramp to freeway speed. per gmc in my truck manual that's a no no.
It's my understanding that the ecm stores rpm's and hours spent at that rpm so if your engine grenades at 50 hours they won't have a clue how those first 10-20 were spent.

I watched a documentary many years ago on honda and the plant in japan that churns out cbr's. right after assembly they roll onto a dyno and run the rpm's up to 17k to ensure it's delivering the stated HP. my guess is rings have landed at that point.

sonic calls out first oil change and for us that's the most important...

in the end to each their own but doubt your warranty will be void from not following. our first boat was the '06 supra photo boat. it had 90hrs but was sold as "new". I would bet money that it was never broke in properly and it ran great for 6 years for us...

2in2out
12-22-2020, 06:12 PM
Have never heard of factory broken in engines.

I have heard of dealer break in’s. RoMo let’s their sponsored riders use new boats to 25 hrs. They have a break in prescription. Do the riders follow that prescription? Only they know. So, with some dealership apex’s boats, you get them broke in with first service. But according to the break in procedure, anyone doing this would only get 10-15 hrs per boat.

MJHSupra
12-22-2020, 07:10 PM
Does anyone know of a claim being rejected due to improper break-in? I also assume since the ECM is tracking data, everyone is probably following the manual.

Should have been more clear, I assume most people that order a custom boat would follow the manual.

Dealer selling a boat with 10, 20, 30+ hours - you would not have any method to know what (if any) break-in was followed.

scottbailie
01-01-2021, 10:15 PM
Arsnlgunnr - how’d you like the brown interior in person? The pics look a lot better than the brown in the Moomba boat builder.

arsnlgunnr
01-02-2021, 09:10 AM
Arsnlgunnr - how’d you like the brown interior in person? The pics look a lot better than the brown in the Moomba boat builder.

Eh, I’m not a fan of brown vinyl to begin with so I’m probably not the best to give an opinion.

I will say that I liked the brown gatorstep more in person though.

WakeZone
01-03-2021, 08:05 PM
what prop was the boat running? i wonder if they had the 15 for wake surfing. personally i would go with the 16.5 or even 18 to give you more top speed for pleasure runs. the raptor has enough torque to still pull on plane quickly...

larry_arizona
01-03-2021, 09:14 PM
Does a Moomba fit a 16” diameter prop?

If so, look at the ACME 16x13.9

WakeZone
01-03-2021, 09:21 PM
I saw the screenshot of the possibility that there will be a Mojo redesign. I am starting this thread because the 2021 thread kind of went off on a tangent. Please post any information or thoughts about the Mojo here.

Is the current Mojo 100" or 102" beam?

I saw on the other thread there may be sub bow ballast and a transom walk through similar to Kaiyen/Makai.

I am really interested in this length boat as the Makai seems too big, but the Kaiyen felt a little short.

I wonder how the wakeboard wake is? I am 80-90% wakeboard, 10% recreational skier and dabble into surfing, but not often.

The new Mojo has a beam width of 102" the same as the Max.

Josh828
01-04-2021, 01:21 AM
what prop was the boat running? i wonder if they had the 15 for wake surfing. personally i would go with the 16.5 or even 18 to give you more top speed for pleasure runs. the raptor has enough torque to still pull on plane quickly...

I believe it was actually running the wake prop

'Prop, Nibral, OJ 15.5x15 4-Blade (Altitude/Wake)

Tommy2slow
01-04-2021, 09:25 AM
Not sure if this will help. My 2020 Mojo with the 400 has a top speed of 38mph with the stock OJ 15.5” Dia X 16.5” Pitch. I run 4700 lbs of total ballast and I am switching to a different prop as this prop has too much pitch for the weight. I can surf but not wakeboard with the ballast maxed. Jim from ACME is sending me a prop that he thinks will work better. I measured the distance from the prop to the closest point on the hull and cannot run a larger diameter prop on my 2020. Maybe the 2021 can handle a larger one. Unless you have a very long distance to travel in the boat to your favourite spot, say 10 or more miles, I would go for the prop with the least pitch recommended by skiers choice. “I wish My boat handled less ballast”- said by no one, ever.

larry_arizona
01-04-2021, 09:29 AM
38 is plenty fast. I don’t like cruising much faster than 24-25mph, it’s no fun for anyone in the boat going 38.

rdlangston13
01-04-2021, 10:13 AM
38 is plenty fast. I don’t like cruising much faster than 24-25mph, it’s no fun for anyone in the boat going 38.

100% agree. I only knock down 38 like twice a year alone as part of an Italian tune up.

sandm
01-04-2021, 12:07 PM
100% agree. I only knock down 38 like twice a year alone as part of an Italian tune up.

ditto to both. 25 is our preferred cruising speed. never in a hurry to get anywhere on the lake.

dakota4ce
01-04-2021, 12:10 PM
I would run the maximum amount of pitch you can and still pull the weight you need to pull doing the activity you want to do. It’s also as annoying to be running it extremely high rpm whilst surfing.

ejj
01-05-2021, 11:43 AM
38 is fast. I had a boat (I/O) that would do 50 or so--but that wasn't fun for anyone, including me. Mid 30s is my peak these days, with most cruising in the mid 20s. Feels safer for everyone, and my passengers enjoy it too.

MJHSupra
01-05-2021, 12:37 PM
Speed . . . . here is someone that wanted to go 50mph in their 24 Supra.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?20635-Supra-24V-8-1-496-prop-selection-for-Surfin-Wakin-Slalomin-AND-Footin

Josh828
01-05-2021, 12:38 PM
Come on now guys, just because I don't go over 70mph on my bike doesn't mean I don't like the fact it will go 200mph haha
More power and more speed has always been a want and never a problem of mine.

However I do agree with a crew and normal summer conditions I can't think of a time I would ever feel comfortable at 38mph

But that boat did have the wake prop on it so does that mean the standard and even worse the surf prop will have an even lower top speed?

larry_arizona
01-05-2021, 12:49 PM
I am very much from the school of the more power and speed the better except for my wake boats.

I have come to accept that wake boats are tow boats, not speed boats.

Plus majority rules on the boat and the majority enjoys lower speeds and lower wind noise to enjoy the music and conversation.

dakota4ce
01-05-2021, 02:11 PM
My line is: it’s more like a tractor than a Vette.

Josh828
01-05-2021, 03:05 PM
They should be diesel then haha

Just for anyone who cares a 2021 Moomba mojo with 15" wheels and the A3 tower up not folded sits at 11'3"

2in2out
01-05-2021, 04:23 PM
They should be diesel then haha

Just for anyone who cares a 2021 Moomba mojo with 15" wheels and the A3 tower up not folded sits at 11'3"

Nautique is doing it on the G25.

https://youtu.be/fWeEdAuJ8Xo

sandm
01-05-2021, 04:44 PM
My line is: it’s more like a tractor than a Vette.

i'm gonna have to remember that one. seems every other gas station question is "how fast does it go"....

bergermaister
01-05-2021, 06:09 PM
I was always using tugboat vs drag boat. Get a lot of confused looks after that response.

arsnlgunnr
01-05-2021, 06:26 PM
“Water Tractor” is the correct terminology. They’re designed to plow to make the wave [emoji609] [emoji305] [emoji1690]

larry_arizona
01-05-2021, 06:28 PM
I get a lot of “how fast does it go”

I typically just say “Not Fast at all”

I guess they look fast.

sandm
01-05-2021, 06:31 PM
“Water Tractor” is the correct terminology. They’re designed to plow to make the wave

ahhh.
so now we all know where Heyday got the name "wake tractor" :)

KnoxMojo
01-05-2021, 08:13 PM
Come on now guys, just because I don't go over 70mph on my bike doesn't mean I don't like the fact it will go 200mph haha

But that boat did have the wake prop on it so does that mean the standard and even worse the surf prop will have an even lower top speed?

Yes, the lower the pitch, the lower your top speed, think of it like gearing in a car. There is a diameter and pitch formula online and it explains it, but it is something about pitch being how far the boat moves forward with 1 revolution of the prop.

2in2out
01-06-2021, 01:16 AM
Yes, the lower the pitch, the lower your top speed, think of it like gearing in a car. There is a diameter and pitch formula online and it explains it, but it is something about pitch being how far the boat moves forward with 1 revolution of the prop.

Prop basics

https://youtu.be/thasubzLvEk

blay127
01-11-2021, 11:10 AM
anyone have any info on the wake9 review? guess it doesnt really matter as i've already ordered the boat, but i am still waiting anxiously to see their video.

MJHSupra
01-11-2021, 04:46 PM
anyone have any info on the wake9 review? guess it doesnt really matter as i've already ordered the boat, but i am still waiting anxiously to see their video.

Not yet. They took a 2nd ride with the factory folks. Said the boat was spot on and consistent with the other boats in the lineup about setting the wave settings.

Josh828
01-14-2021, 10:35 AM
Quick question, still have some time to make some changes on my boat and have completely changed the color, was doing it very budgeted at first and did not select the 7" screen but went with the regular screen.

What are yalls opinions?

Is a touch screen worth the extra grand?
Am I going to be losing out on any features?

I have never even seen a regular screen on a boat they all seem to have the 7" touch screen

arsnlgunnr
01-14-2021, 10:48 AM
$1,000 over 240/mo = $4 a month

Not sure why the 7” screen isn’t standard on the Mojo, while it is on other models. I brought that up with Greg at STWS and he agreed and wasn’t sure either.

The smaller screen looks cheap IMO and doesn’t match the high end styling of the boat

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210114/5c2233c711ca3590178ddae971a17a9f.jpg

BizzyC
01-14-2021, 11:52 AM
I initially thought it was some kind of Marketing thing. Show $78,640 as the MSRP vs $79,650 since everyone will opt for the 7” screen - especially with the 3.0. But, it is only $1K and I’m not a Marketing guy, so who really knows.

But you definitely need to get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Josh828
01-14-2021, 01:58 PM
$1,000 over 240/mo = $4 a month

Not sure why the 7” screen isn’t standard on the Mojo, while it is on other models. I brought that up with Greg at STWS and he agreed and wasn’t sure either.

The smaller screen looks cheap IMO and doesn’t match the high end styling of the boat

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210114/5c2233c711ca3590178ddae971a17a9f.jpg

Okay this picture is a deal breaker...
Price of the boat has increased around 7k since we took that mojo out on the lake so every penny is really hurting now haha

When does you boat come in?

Josh828
01-14-2021, 02:24 PM
https://crm.skierschoice.com/api/products/img?product_id=58&angle=left_profile&options=13276%2C13279%2C13451%2C13339%2C13453%2C13 248%2C13268%2C13281%2C13457%2C13375%2C13458%2C1344 6%2C13383%2C13391%2C13392%2C13403%2C13411%2C13441% 2C13337%2C13286%2C13325%2C13308%2C13367%2C13315%2C 13355%2C13345&transparent=0&width=1280&color=f8f8f8

https://crm.skierschoice.com/api/products/img?product_id=58&angle=three_quarter_front&options=13276%2C13279%2C13451%2C13339%2C13453%2C13 248%2C13268%2C13281%2C13457%2C13375%2C13458%2C1344 6%2C13383%2C13391%2C13392%2C13403%2C13411%2C13441% 2C13337%2C13286%2C13325%2C13308%2C13367%2C13315%2C 13355%2C13345&transparent=0&width=1280&color=f8f8f8

https://crm.skierschoice.com/api/products/img?product_id=58&angle=three_quarter_rear&options=13276%2C13279%2C13451%2C13339%2C13453%2C13 248%2C13268%2C13281%2C13457%2C13375%2C13458%2C1344 6%2C13383%2C13391%2C13392%2C13403%2C13411%2C13441% 2C13337%2C13286%2C13325%2C13308%2C13367%2C13315%2C 13355%2C13345&transparent=0&width=1280&color=f8f8f8

https://crm.skierschoice.com/api/products/img?product_id=58&angle=top_overview&options=13276%2C13279%2C13451%2C13339%2C13453%2C13 248%2C13268%2C13281%2C13457%2C13375%2C13458%2C1344 6%2C13383%2C13391%2C13392%2C13403%2C13411%2C13441% 2C13337%2C13286%2C13325%2C13308%2C13367%2C13315%2C 13355%2C13345&transparent=0&width=1280&color=f8f8f8

Lets see if these pictures upload correctly..
This is the current build, was going blue but decided another direction entirely what do y'all think?

rhouse181
01-14-2021, 02:29 PM
Looks nice... I'd go fire red flake on the main panel and then black on the rear accent panel.

Never thought I'd like flake, but it's awesome when you are sitting in the water and your boat is circling back to pick you up from a surf set with the sun sparkling off the flake...

The fire red accents on the tower would look awesome too! You can ask your dealer... some will do custom paint so you can match the flake.

arsnlgunnr
01-14-2021, 02:33 PM
Okay this picture is a deal breaker...
Price of the boat has increased around 7k since we took that mojo out on the lake so every penny is really hurting now haha

When does you boat come in?

HA! yeah man, if you really option it out to the full extent, you're looking at 20k increase.

I have a February build slot so probably March/April.

Josh828
01-14-2021, 02:33 PM
Looks nice... I'd go fire red flake on the main panel and then black on the rear accent panel.

Never thought I'd like flake, but it's awesome when you are sitting in the water and your boat is circling back to pick you up from a surf set with the sun sparkling off the flake...

The fire red accents on the tower would look awesome too!

I wanted a flake actually! The blue I built was going to have the midnight blue flake, However the rear accent panel decides what color to bring into the inside of the boat. So the accent panel has to be a "fun" color imo because I love the look of a colored interior

And can't justify the money they want to add a touch of red on the tower haha trust me the pro red tower looks amazing though

arsnlgunnr
01-14-2021, 02:37 PM
This is the current build, was going blue but decided another direction entirely what do y'all think?

Looks good man! Like me, I'm sure you'll be making changes up until the deadline! :D

Josh828
01-14-2021, 02:44 PM
Looks good man! Like me, I'm sure you'll be making changes up until the deadline! :D

I can't wait until they tell me I can't change it so I can stop stressing! And since you went blue and yours is still WAY more optioned than mine I decided to bow out and go red haha ( Had nothing to do with the opinion of a woman )

Also hope a February build shows up earlier than April! I have an April build I'm trying to be on the water May 1st

arsnlgunnr
01-14-2021, 03:30 PM
I can't wait until they tell me I can't change it so I can stop stressing! And since you went blue and yours is still WAY more optioned than mine I decided to bow out and go red haha ( Had nothing to do with the opinion of a woman )

Also hope a February build shows up earlier than April! I have an April build I'm trying to be on the water May 1st

I'm just telling myself April so if it does show up in March, it will be a nice surprise!

BizzyC
01-14-2021, 04:31 PM

Looks good. Nice choice on the interior. In person the Honey/honey looks a bit gold on it's own, but the espresso accent helps bring out the brown. I did the same interior colors on my build.

Josh828
01-14-2021, 04:39 PM
Looks good. Nice choice on the interior. In person the Honey/honey looks a bit gold on it's own, but the espresso accent helps bring out the brown. I did the same interior colors on my build.

I haven't seen any expresso yet in person, everything I've seen has been honey/honey with honey accent!!
But yeah played with them a lot before I settled on liking the pattern better with honey/honey accent expresso

When you get yours in I would love to see some interior shots!

Guppydriver
01-14-2021, 10:38 PM

This made me chuckle. I spent so many hours on the “boat builder” and soliciting advice from the dealer and friends. Every time I thought I had my mind made up, there would be a new opinion or variable I hadn’t fully considered which caused endless second guessing. About a week ago, the dealer called and said....”That’s it...order has processed and no more changes”. I’ve slept like a baby ever since.

Isaguel
01-14-2021, 11:32 PM
https://crm.skierschoice.com/api/products/img?product_id=58&angle=left_profile&options=13276%2C13279%2C13451%2C13339%2C13453%2C13 248%2C13268%2C13281%2C13457%2C13375%2C13458%2C1344 6%2C13383%2C13391%2C13392%2C13403%2C13411%2C13441% 2C13337%2C13286%2C13325%2C13308%2C13367%2C13315%2C 13355%2C13345&transparent=0&width=1280&color=f8f8f8

Love the colors. Only one suggestion. Gotta figure out how to put it some metal flake somewhere. Try main panel in either red flake or even try silver metal flake for a 3 color scheme. I think it looks cool.

sandm
01-14-2021, 11:48 PM
color preferences are always personal taste BUT IS is correct. some flake would look badarse on that AND if you decide to upgrade to a Supra, flake will help it 'pop' and could mean a quicker sale or better trade :)

that red with silver flake on the back or all red flake would be awesome...

Isaguel
01-14-2021, 11:48 PM
Ok, after playing with the builder on Mojo for 10 mins I realize, they need to reconsider the available spray pattern, or at least offer 2 spray patterns. They should on a premium boat. You cant do much with this one. I cant figure out how to get a color scheme on Josh828's boat because unlike previous years, when you color the rear accent it colors the interior. The deck color used to be for the whole interior, now its the gunnels. There is no accent color between the main panel and the hull. In essence, I cant figure out how to satisfactorily add flake to his boat. The rear accent panel should not be tied to the interior deck. That messes things up. Love the boat, wish the spray pattern options were different.

arsnlgunnr
01-15-2021, 12:00 AM
Ok, after playing with the builder on Mojo for 10 mins I realize, they need to reconsider the available spray pattern, or at least offer 2 spray patterns. They should on a premium boat. You cant do much with this one. I cant figure out how to get a color scheme on Josh828's boat because unlike previous years, when you color the rear accent it colors the interior. The deck color used to be for the whole interior, now its the gunnels. There is no accent color between the main panel and the hull. In essence, I cant figure out how to satisfactorily add flake to his boat. The rear accent panel should not be tied to the interior deck. That messes things up. Love the boat, wish the spray pattern options were different.

I had the same struggle when configuring mine. I wanted to add some flake but couldn’t make it work with any of the color combos.

As an alternative, I ended up using pacific blue as a “pop” color to get a somewhat same effect as having flake to be an eye catcher.

Definitely agree that they should have at least one other spray pattern to choose from.

arsnlgunnr
01-15-2021, 12:14 AM
This made me chuckle. I spent so many hours on the “boat builder” and soliciting advice from the dealer and friends. Every time I thought I had my mind made up, there would be a new opinion or variable I hadn’t fully considered which caused endless second guessing. About a week ago, the dealer called and said....”That’s it...order has processed and no more changes”. I’ve slept like a baby ever since.

Ha! My no-change date passed a few weeks ago and I still have the boat builder open in my browser!

guess I just look at the rendering everyday since I can’t physically see or touch it while it’s being built.

rdlangston13
01-15-2021, 09:18 AM

I've struggled with this on the Makia and Kayien as well. I feel like you old Mojo and My Mojo were like the last years where the gel coat schemes really looked good. On the makai is the accent panel isnt even an accent as it is bigger than the main panel! Makes no sense and makes it hard to come up with a good looking gel scheme unless you just want like all white or all black but that is boring.

Josh828
01-15-2021, 09:29 AM

Actually got a call yesterday evening, I got bumped up to a march build date so I have until Saturday to finalize!
Whiskey consumption should decrease shortly after haha

But also yes the "accent" color controls the interior making things very difficult imo

The only mojo I ever built with flake was my original build

https://crm.skierschoice.com/api/products/img?product_id=58&angle=left_profile&options=13276%2C13279%2C13451%2C13339%2C13248%2C13 268%2C13281%2C13457%2C13375%2C13458%2C13446%2C1338 3%2C13391%2C13392%2C13403%2C13411%2C13441%2C13325% 2C13367%2C13315%2C13355%2C13345%2C13454%2C13299%2C 13309%2C13338&transparent=0&width=1280&color=f8f8f8

larry_arizona
01-15-2021, 09:33 AM
Actually got a call yesterday evening, I got bumped up to a march build date so I have until Saturday to finalize!

But also yes the "accent" color controls the interior making things very difficult imo

https://crm.skierschoice.com/api/products/img?product_id=58&angle=left_profile&options=13276%2C13279%2C13451%2C13339%2C13248%2C13 268%2C13281%2C13457%2C13375%2C13458%2C13446%2C1338 3%2C13391%2C13392%2C13403%2C13411%2C13441%2C13325% 2C13367%2C13315%2C13355%2C13345%2C13454%2C13299%2C 13309%2C13338&transparent=0&width=1280&color=f8f8f8

That midnight flake and pacific blue build is amazing.

arsnlgunnr
01-15-2021, 09:39 AM

IMO, having 3 different colors for main/accent/hull looks too busy and makes it difficult to visualize. not being able to see it in person under different types of light doesn't help either.

however, that midnight blue flake is sick! wish that could be an option for the accent color.

Josh828
01-15-2021, 09:59 AM
IMO, having 3 different colors for main/accent/hull looks too busy and makes it difficult to visualize. not being able to see it in person under different types of light doesn't help either.

however, that midnight blue flake is sick! wish that could be an option for the accent color.

Technically it is only 2 colors... Black and pacific blue haha just the main panel is mixed

But I agree it either would look amazing or to chopped up, also never seen the midnight blue flake on a boat that also has pacific blue, the dealer checked with skiers choice and they did confirm it should match but all this is why I moved to a classic red haha

Also after polling likely female passengers the blue did not go over as well haha
All black or all white was actually the most popular but if I were go all white I would just get a max instead of the mojo

larry_arizona
01-15-2021, 10:14 AM
In person the midnight blue is incredible. The 2020 Supra PWT edition SA used the midnight blue and pacific combo
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210115/32ae481d37f69fbcd7ee9ee2ebfd5f06.jpg

The flake goes with the 3 solid blues as those 3 blues are in the flake.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210115/7322358c1aef1929e13309075946fe72.jpg

larry_arizona
01-15-2021, 10:44 AM
Josh,

If you do go with the red theme, I highly recommend using the black cherry flake to compliment the solid red gelcoat.

Josh828
01-15-2021, 11:12 AM
Josh,

If you do go with the red theme, I highly recommend using the black cherry flake to compliment the solid red gelcoat.

https://crm.skierschoice.com/api/products/img?product_id=58&angle=left_profile&options=13276%2C13279%2C13451%2C13339%2C13248%2C13 268%2C13281%2C13457%2C13375%2C13458%2C13446%2C1338 3%2C13391%2C13392%2C13403%2C13411%2C13441%2C13325% 2C13367%2C13315%2C13355%2C13345%2C13454%2C13292%2C 13308%2C13337&transparent=0&width=1280&color=f8f8f8

https://crm.skierschoice.com/api/products/img?product_id=58&angle=left_profile&options=13276%2C13279%2C13451%2C13339%2C13248%2C13 268%2C13281%2C13457%2C13375%2C13458%2C13446%2C1338 3%2C13391%2C13392%2C13403%2C13411%2C13441%2C13325% 2C13367%2C13315%2C13355%2C13345%2C13454%2C13308%2C 13337%2C13296&transparent=0&width=1280&color=f8f8f8

I am unsure about the flake with the red haha
The midnight blue was the only flake I could ever really make work on a mojo
(If you make the accent color a "fun" color)

larry_arizona
01-15-2021, 11:17 AM
The configurator sucks when showing the metallics, in person the black cherry and midnight blue are definitely black colors with flake added.

It’s too bad you can’t see them in person.

Your black cherry with solid red and black hull is AWESOME

Josh828
01-15-2021, 11:28 AM
The configurator sucks when showing the metallics, in person the black cherry and midnight blue are definitely black colors with flake added.

It’s too bad you can’t see them in person.

Your black cherry with solid red and black hull is AWESOME

Yeah and fire red is WAY brighter in person, they had a black cherry flake SE450 at my dealer and it was amazing I must admit

Sarvas
01-15-2021, 11:44 AM
I have a new Makai being built right now with a mid Feb delivery date with a very similar color scheme. The flake with the red actually looks really good in person. As Larry stated above, the builder doesnt do it any justice. I'll take pictures as soon as it gets here, but I know that will be after you have to decide!

https://crm.skierschoice.com/api/products/img?product_id=50&angle=left_profile&options=11127%2C11134%2C11057%2C11093%2C13234%2C10 981%2C10993%2C11002%2C11008%2C11017%2C11019%2C1114 4%2C11023%2C11033%2C11045%2C11053%2C11137%2C11139% 2C11060%2C13193%2C11136&transparent=0&width=1280&color=f8f8f8

Josh828
01-15-2021, 11:51 AM
I have a new Makai being built right now with a mid Feb delivery date with a very similar color scheme. The flake with the red actually looks really good in person. As Larry stated above, the builder doesnt do it any justice. I'll take pictures as soon as it gets here, but I know that will be after you have to decide!

https://crm.skierschoice.com/api/products/img?product_id=50&angle=left_profile&options=11127%2C11134%2C11057%2C11093%2C13234%2C10 981%2C10993%2C11002%2C11008%2C11017%2C11019%2C1114 4%2C11023%2C11033%2C11045%2C11053%2C11137%2C11139% 2C11060%2C13193%2C11136&transparent=0&width=1280&color=f8f8f8

I like that a lot! Cant wait to start seeing real pictures of all these new 2021s

BizzyC
01-15-2021, 11:55 AM
This is the Makai Drew posted on FB

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210115/8837673858b7d82c79fbc1fcc72d9de5.jpg

blay127
01-15-2021, 12:52 PM
Funny how many of us have come up with the same basic combo. Here is what we plan to order. We liked the gray interior better than the tans when we saw them in person.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50838683552_4cd1e74d99_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50837873688_51d44071c4_b.jpg

larry_arizona
01-15-2021, 12:55 PM
Funny how many of us have come up with the same basic combo. Here is what we plan to order. We liked the gray interior better than the tans when we saw them in person.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50838683552_4cd1e74d99_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50837873688_51d44071c4_b.jpg

Looks amazing!!!

MJHSupra
01-15-2021, 01:40 PM
that mojo combo looks awesome

arsnlgunnr
01-15-2021, 01:46 PM

Nice! Great minds think alike! :cool:

I decided against the flake and just went with the dark graphite for the Main/Hull. Look forward to seeing how your color combo turns out!

Josh828
01-15-2021, 01:48 PM
Brown was a game changer on me even getting a new boat over used however if I were going grey have you tried adding color to the leather?
I love bold leather (well vinyl but ya know)
https://crm.skierschoice.com/api/products/img?product_id=58&angle=top_overview&options=13276%2C13279%2C13451%2C13339%2C13248%2C13 268%2C13281%2C13457%2C13458%2C13446%2C13383%2C1339 1%2C13392%2C13403%2C13411%2C13441%2C13315%2C13454% 2C13337%2C13299%2C13309%2C13325%2C13360%2C13371%2C 13377%2C13342&transparent=0&width=1280&color=f8f8f8

blay127
01-15-2021, 03:30 PM
Brown was a game changer on me even getting a new boat over used however if I were going grey have you tried adding color to the leather?
I love bold leather (well vinyl but ya know)

We tried a lot of interior combos, but i guess we're not very bold lol. It does have the pacific blue piping, and with the blue gel coat interior I'm hoping that'll be enough color to pop and not look boring.

larry_arizona
01-15-2021, 03:36 PM
We tried a lot of interior combos, but i guess we're not very bold lol. It does have the pacific blue piping, and with the blue gel coat interior I'm hoping that'll be enough color to pop and not look boring.

Non chill tech black vinyl is a blow torch too, your choice was wise.

blay127
01-15-2021, 03:53 PM
Non chill tech black vinyl is a blow torch too, your choice was wise.

That was our motivation as well. I'm in texas so everything gets hot no matter what. Didnt want white seats (current boat has white seats), so we thought this would be the best choice for us.

Isaguel
01-15-2021, 08:04 PM

I like this. Not sure about the red flake scheme one though. For this particular spray pattern the blue/blk/flk combo seems to fit better than the red/blk/flk.

rdlangston13
01-17-2021, 02:30 PM
That was our motivation as well. I'm in texas so everything gets hot no matter what. Didnt want white seats (current boat has white seats), so we thought this would be the best choice for us.

As a Texas boat owner, the only color vinyl in our boat that does not get stupid hot is the white, the gray and blue will blister your feet if you are on them for longer than a couple of seconds. Maybe when our interior falls apart we can get it redone in darker colors with chilltech

sandm
01-17-2021, 03:03 PM
As a Texas boat owner, the only color vinyl in our boat that does not get stupid hot is the white, the gray and blue will blister your feet if you are on them for longer than a couple of seconds.

same here. in the 15 minutes it takes us to get home from the launch ramp in the summer with bimini stowed, the grey carpet in our old boat and the grey composite flooring in current boat are hot enough we have to put socks on to clean the boat out or risk burned feet.

Josh828
01-21-2021, 02:32 PM
Any see Moomba’s Instagram post from about an hour ago? (1/21/20 12pm Eastern lol) looks like the 2021 test mojo throwing a nice looking wave, maybe a good teaser for now haha

Woody929
01-21-2021, 04:53 PM
Any see Moomba’s Instagram post from about an hour ago? (1/21/20 12pm Eastern lol) looks like the 2021 test mojo throwing a nice looking wave, maybe a good teaser for now haha

I just think about what the water temp was like for all of those photo shoots on that boat. I think it was still in production in late September.

Josh828
01-21-2021, 06:06 PM
I just think about what the water temp was like for all of those photo shoots on that boat. I think it was still in production in late September.

I believe my dealer is planning on shooting a review video soon and needless to say they weren't stoked about getting in the water to show it off haha

But in every photo shoot the lakes are always empty and glass and everyones is always wearing a wind breaker haha

ToddP1616
01-25-2021, 12:18 PM
First time posting. Have 1st new boat ordered (2021 Mojo going into production soon). Struggled a little with the spray pattern of the Mojo. Diehard NY Giants fan, so was looking to do Blue/Red theme. but color schemes are hard to tell on the builder. Definitely want Captain Blue or Red for the Accent Color, which drives the interior color pattern (want some color inside). Wife wants so sparkle, so need to add flake and want to stay with the light grey interior.

Here is what my original thought was. Just not sure the 2 different shades of blue (Brittany Blue Metal Flake with the Captain Blue accent) will look the same in person as on builder. Any thoughts or anyone see them in person to know?

ToddP1616
01-25-2021, 12:28 PM
Here was 2 other spray patterns I made this morning on builder that might work also (not really sure why the images are so small when I attach them). For both, could change out the hull color to black or just keep same as accent color. Not crazy about the upholstery accent in Red, almost looks an orange since it's really bright, so was sticking with blue.

Josh828
01-25-2021, 12:41 PM
The builder is terrible to show true colors but hey its better than anyone elses

I actually had my dealer check with skiers choice to make sure colors matched up however usually if the names are the same the colors are. Also I think the red interior will match the piping color.

However fire red paint is brighter in person.

Really the best advice is try to find some real world boats with the same colors

jordankmc
01-30-2021, 08:02 PM
This is my current build. I had to have blue and hope the silver flake looks great.

Bigs28
01-30-2021, 09:15 PM
Edit....... found the answer 3 pages earlier. :)

Thanks

Morvornagh
01-31-2021, 04:05 PM
Anyone taken delivery of a 2021 mojo yet? I know it’s still January (just) but would love to hear some initial impressions and see any early wave pics or setup thoughts...

Steve B
01-31-2021, 04:12 PM
closed yesterday but leaving with the dealer for storage until it warms up. So far it seems great. 293972939829399

larry_arizona
01-31-2021, 05:35 PM
Congrats, great color combo. The new mojo is really well done, I saw one at the dealer yesterday.

Cmon SPRING!!!!

sandm
01-31-2021, 05:38 PM
good lookin boat....

Morvornagh
01-31-2021, 08:53 PM
Looks awesome :cool:

MJHSupra
02-01-2021, 09:52 AM
Last week Wake9 posted on their social media account they are hoping to the have the Mojo review by mid-Feb.

Pretty sure it will have all the boat settings and weight.

blay127
02-25-2021, 02:40 PM
Well I just got a pretty sweet text....
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50979362613_c3ae50cfbf_b.jpg

Bob__S
02-25-2021, 03:06 PM
Yes that is definitely a sweet text.

arsnlgunnr
02-25-2021, 03:12 PM
Sweet! Hoping mine comes pretty soon as well

https://media0.giphy.com/media/l0HlBO7eyXzSZkJri/giphy.gif

TXSurf4
02-25-2021, 03:31 PM

Sweet!! You going to go unwrap it?

RC_Hinojosa
02-25-2021, 03:57 PM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50979362613_c3ae50cfbf_b.jpgRinker's!

You in the Houston area? Where do you ride?

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk

blay127
02-25-2021, 04:45 PM
Sweet! Hoping mine comes pretty soon as well

It'll be there before you know it!

Sweet!! You going to go unwrap it?

I am going to try to get the family down there to unwrap it next week!

Rinker's! You in the Houston area? Where do you ride?

Yes I live in Montgomery, so we're on Conroe all the time (unfortunately haha). If you know lake Conroe then you know why I say that. ;)

Bigs28
02-25-2021, 05:25 PM
Congrats. When was your original word completion date? Trying to guage how on time they are at the moment.

rhouse181
02-25-2021, 05:41 PM
Yes I live in Montgomery, so we're on Conroe all the time (unfortunately haha). If you know lake Conroe then you know why I say that. ;)

Where on Conroe will she sleep? It's not thatttt bad... between the hours of 6am-9am and 5pm-9pm lol

TXSurf4
02-25-2021, 05:52 PM
It'll be there before you know it!

I am going to try to get the family down there to unwrap it next week!

I gotcha. I am going to be at Rinker's in the morning and I was hoping to catch a peek at it but I will just have to wait for the pics like everyone else. Congrats!!!

blay127
02-25-2021, 06:15 PM
Congrats. When was your original word completion date? Trying to guage how on time they are at the moment.

i honestly dont know, it had a spray date for last week in January though.

Where on Conroe will she sleep? It's not thatttt bad... between the hours of 6am-9am and 5pm-9pm lol

Trying to decide. Will probably keep it at the house and just trailer it as we arent far. Been looking at marinas on the south side, and I just got a quote for a floating lift...that hurts.

I gotcha. I am going to be at Rinker's in the morning and I was hoping to catch a peek at it but I will just have to wait for the pics like everyone else. Congrats!!!

Thanks! You can peek under her skirt but dont pull it off! :-D

DNIXD99
02-26-2021, 04:06 AM

You go to Conroe?

TXSurf4
02-26-2021, 11:16 AM
i honestly dont know, it had a spray date for last week in January though.

Trying to decide. Will probably keep it at the house and just trailer it as we arent far. Been looking at marinas on the south side, and I just got a quote for a floating lift...that hurts.

Thanks! You can peek under her skirt but dont pull it off! :-D

Those shipping covers are heat shrunk on and tied down so there is no peeking underneath lol. It was tucked away in the back and I didn't have time to make it back there.

RC_Hinojosa
02-26-2021, 12:04 PM
Those shipping covers are heat shrunk on and tied down so there is no peeking underneath lol. It was tucked away in the back and I didn't have time to make it back there.What were you doing over at Rinker's? [emoji57]

blay127
02-26-2021, 12:06 PM
Those shipping covers are heat shrunk on and tied down so there is no peeking underneath lol. It was tucked away in the back and I didn't have time to make it back there.

I didn’t say you’d get a good look haha.

TXSurf4
02-26-2021, 12:17 PM
What were you doing over at Rinker's? [emoji57]

Working on a new SE....... I wish lol!!! Maybe in a few years....... I just dropped the boat off to have them give it a quick once over before I haul it to the lake house today. I had it winterized by them but I figured before I haul it 2 hours north to it's new home I would have them give it a shake down and make sure all is good. The lifts are going in today on the boat house and will be ready to fit the cradles to the boats next Friday so as along as all is well today I am hauling them north!

I didn’t say you’d get a good look haha.

HAHAHA so true!! Cant wait for the pics!!

RC_Hinojosa
02-26-2021, 01:20 PM
Working on a new SE....... I wish lol!!! Maybe in a few years....... I just dropped the boat off to have them give it a quick once over before I haul it to the lake house today. I had it winterized by them but I figured before I haul it 2 hours north to it's new home I would have them give it a shake down and make sure all is good. The lifts are going in today on the boat house and will be ready to fit the cradles to the boats next Friday so as along as all is well today I am hauling them north!

Be sure to share some pics of your lake house-boat house setup!

I can dream for now....according to my CFO, no lake house till our girls are a lot older. [emoji389][emoji389][emoji389]

TXSurf4
02-26-2021, 03:12 PM
Be sure to share some pics of your lake house-boat house setup!

I can dream for now....according to my CFO, no lake house till our girls are a lot older. [emoji389][emoji389][emoji389]

Ya I will definitely share some!

Now I am going to be looking for a pull or two this summer on the weekends we aren't at the lake ;) LOL

RC_Hinojosa
02-26-2021, 05:35 PM
Ya I will definitely share some!

Now I am going to be looking for a pull or two this summer on the weekends we aren't at the lake ;) LOLYou already know bruh, I got room for ya anytime. [emoji1420]

rdlangston13
02-27-2021, 07:44 AM
Lots a Houston and Conroe people it seems joining up lately. I already told my wife that when I get home in March, even if it is tool cold to really get in the water we can putting the boat in at Conroe and cruising and possibly stopping at Busters for some crawfish. So ready to relax. Been a long two months.

MJHSupra
02-27-2021, 12:21 PM
Lots a Houston and Conroe people it seems joining up lately. I already told my wife that when I get home in March, even if it is tool cold to really get in the water we can putting the boat in at Conroe and cruising and possibly stopping at Busters for some crawfish. So ready to relax. Been a long two months.

We were having a dinner with friends last night and I was just saying it will soon be time to get the burner and crawfish pot out of the garage.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

RC_Hinojosa
02-27-2021, 05:15 PM
We were having a dinner with friends last night and I was just saying it will soon be time to get the burner and crawfish pot out of the garage.

Sent from my P00I using TapatalkDid someone say crawfish?

....in last photo is the game changer. I make a slurry of chopped garlic, butter & Tony's.

From the pot to the ice chest, pour slurry, grab a buddy and shake the crap out of the cooler.

Y'all gotta try it [emoji1786]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210227/0432f35c25fe5b3f24722a4e1255abe5.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210227/59e32b25e3d192f1af83cb620da047da.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210227/98cb88326f4331dc17d1962fc1bee6d5.jpg

2in2out
02-27-2021, 06:04 PM
What type of sausage are you using RC? I gotta up my crawfish game before I move there.

RC_Hinojosa
02-27-2021, 06:15 PM
What type of sausage are you using RC? I gotta up my crawfish game before I move there.Andouille sausage, it's the only kind you'll find at any OG boil in Louisiana.

There are a couple good brands in TX...I like Zumo's (they make a great boudain too).

2in2out
02-27-2021, 06:27 PM
Andouille sausage, it's the only kind you'll find at any OG boil in Louisiana.

There are a couple good brands...I like Zumo's (they make a great boudain too).

I use local andouille pork sausage in my boils with zatarans and some lemon. I’ll have to incorporate the butter and garlic.

I do a boil every time we go camping. My friends are always impressed with how much we catch with two small traps. My grandkids had their first boil last summer and keep wondering when we get to do another one.

RC_Hinojosa
02-27-2021, 08:02 PM
I use local andouille pork sausage in my boils with zatarans and some lemon. I’ll have to incorporate the butter and garlic.

I do a boil every time we go camping. My friends are always impressed with how much we catch with two small traps. My grandkids had their first boil last summer and keep wondering when we get to do another one.

Yeah, I use zatarans too. The boil bag and the monster jar of boil seasoning and reseason after each batch.

We usually put on two boils a season. HEB gets fresh shipments graded by size so it's pretty easy to get great Louisiana crawfish.

We do around 200lbs when we throw boils..I do a mix of jumbo and field run.

TXSurf4
02-28-2021, 03:55 PM
You already know bruh, I got room for ya anytime. [emoji1420]

I appreciate it man! [emoji1363] just hit me up!

ktenan12
03-01-2021, 09:44 AM
Yeah, I use zatarans too. The boil bag and the monster jar of boil seasoning and reseason after each batch.

We usually put on two boils a season. HEB gets fresh shipments graded by size so it's pretty easy to get great Louisiana crawfish.

We do around 200lbs when we throw boils..I do a mix of jumbo and field run.

I’ve always wanted to try Crawfish. I’ll trade you a lobster boil (real Maine lobster, not that Caribbean stuff) in New Hampshire for a crawfish boil in Texas.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210301/d6fd985783b33fe637560e78d99692db.jpg

Prospersigman
03-01-2021, 09:46 AM
I'll take lobster over mudbugs 7 days a week!!

RC_Hinojosa
03-01-2021, 09:57 AM
I’ve always wanted to try Crawfish. I’ll trade you a lobster boil (real Maine lobster, not that Caribbean stuff) in New Hampshire for a crawfish boil in Texas.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210301/d6fd985783b33fe637560e78d99692db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYou come down to Texas between March & May and you got a deal! The length of crawfish season is entirely dependent on how hard of a winter Louisiana gets.

One of my rugby teammates is from Halifax and I went to Canada to be in his wedding. We went out one night and had lobster thermidor....I haven't tried Maine but those Nova Scotia lobster are pretty damn good.

RC_Hinojosa
03-01-2021, 09:59 AM
I'll take lobster over mudbugs 7 days a week!!Most un-Texan thing to be said with a pinky in the air over the PBR [emoji1787][emoji1787]

larry_arizona
03-01-2021, 10:01 AM
Most un-Texan thing to be said with a pinky in the air over the PBR [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Did somebody say PBR???? Even as a beer snob I still love me some PBR

ktenan12
03-01-2021, 10:27 AM
You come down to Texas between March & May and you got a deal! The length of crawfish season is entirely dependent on how hard of a winter Louisiana gets.

One of my rugby teammates is from Halifax and I went to Canada to be in his wedding. We went out one night and had lobster thermidor....I haven't tried Maine but those Nova Scotia lobster are pretty damn good.

Funny thing is I was just looking at places to visit in Texas this past weekend. I’ve had a trip to Tahiti planned for 2 years now and I’d say there’s a decent chance it’s going to get cancelled again due to Covid. Probably going to end up doing something in the states.

Nova Scotia lobster are the same we get in Maine. They come from the same water. My buddies boat below which my brother works on out if Harrington, Maine. He’s got well over $1million in it. Think we could surf behind that? He can make it throw a wave about 10’ tall.

The other picture is a boat that found last fall from Nova Scotia that had sunk and resurfaced. They spent all night towing it in from 30 miles offshore. The crew was rescued by helicopter.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210301/e001f69999eafa8b8a1c0a61f021ef37.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210301/82a8d65f52c89ef00693a688a1fdf614.jpg