Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

1" valves won't do anything for you unless you replace all of the other 3/4" fixtures in your ballast system. Even then, I would expect you'll only see a reduction of literally seconds in the fill and drain times.

Sorry about the delay on your vented loops Mark, but I'm glad we caught the problem before we actually shipped them to customers.

So just to confirm what Jesse and Tazz are doing:

Jesse you have replaced the stock solenoid valve with the Irritrol 700 valves and kept the single Rule pump and have since lake tested them and they provide much better flow?

Tazz is waiting for three of the vented loop fittings and has taken out the Rule pump and has 3 Tsunami's. Are you using same single intake or have added additional? Could the stock single intake could be used if you fabbed a 3 outlet manifold with the Tsunami's screwed directly into it? I think I have seen this before in a post on some other forum.

I am waiting for some additional Flo-Rite fittings and then gonna take the plunge.
    2007 Moomba XLV Gravity Games

I am not sure of the single intake can handle the three pumps. I added two more to the bottom of the boat. So, i have a total number of three pumps and three scuppers. Jason from www.wakemakers.com can probably answer that question better. He has been very helpful with my setup.

Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Quote Originally Posted by choard View Post
    So just to confirm what Jesse and Tazz are doing:

Jesse you have replaced the stock solenoid valve with the Irritrol 700 valves and kept the single Rule pump and have since lake tested them and they provide much better flow?
    Yes, my Rule 2000GPH pump is stock, running through the stock manifold and through three Irritrol 700 valves in 3/4". I did a bench test in my driveway to test them out by filling a 5 gallon bucket. If you want to do a test yourself, just replace one valve and fill a 5 gallon bucket instead of your ballast bag and note the timing, then fill the bucket with an old valve and compare the timings. In my case I had older valves than most of you had and noticed a huge difference. You may not notice the difference in your current valves as compared to the Irritrol 700s.

Here is the thread where I tested them and the timings.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7741

15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Quote Originally Posted by choard View Post
    Tazz is waiting for three of the vented loop fittings and has taken out the Rule pump and has 3 Tsunami's. Are you using same single intake or have added additional? Could the stock single intake could be used if you fabbed a 3 outlet manifold with the Tsunami's screwed directly into it? I think I have seen this before in a post on some other forum.
    Yes, the factory intake is large enough to support three individual 800GPH pumps. More than that and you'll start to see slight decreases in speed, but they'll still be FAR faster than the factory setup.

We're working on a kit to convert the factory setup over to individual pumps for each bag, and my inclination is that it will make use of the factory manifold allowing you to simply replace the sprinkler valves with new pumps. I will post more information when I have it.

JasonWM,

That kit sounds like the answer! Just replacing the valves with three new pumps! Sounds like the most simple solution yet. I have an LS (direct drive) so there is lots of room this.

Could a guy feed that manifold from both sides by adding one more scoop (intake) and use 1200 GPH pumps instead of the 800 GPH? If we used Rule pumps I assume we'd only need to buy two more pumps, and just move the existing stock one downstream to fill one of the three bags.

Jon J this is what I did in regards to adding a second pump to the mix.
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7373
    I have since had issued with the front bag filling on its own w/o the spring as well. But the other bags seem to be fine.

I'm hoping to find acuated 12v ball valves and upgrade to 1" fittings this winter. So I'm listening intently to everyones ideas.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwm View Post
    Yes, the factory intake is large enough to support three individual 800GPH pumps. More than that and you'll start to see slight decreases in speed, but they'll still be FAR faster than the factory setup.

We're working on a kit to convert the factory setup over to individual pumps for each bag, and my inclination is that it will make use of the factory manifold allowing you to simply replace the sprinkler valves with new pumps. I will post more information when I have it.
    That is great news! Those of us will little opportunity to experiment with our boats welcome solutions that involve a straightforward swap of parts. Hopefully the electrical supply will be easy to configure as well.

Hey Jon-

You could add another intake for the other side of the manifold, but it's definitely not necessary, the volume of the factory hose is enough to support three or even four pumps. It's not worth dealing with adapting the odd size of the T1200 pump threads in my opinion. The difference in speed between it and the T800 only shows up when you're pumping hundreds of gallons of water, so the 75 or so gallons we're talking about moving won't be enough for the difference to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post
    That is great news! Those of us will little opportunity to experiment with our boats welcome solutions that involve a straightforward swap of parts. Hopefully the electrical supply will be easy to configure as well.
    Electrical is very straight forward, just change the factory wiring over from the solenoids to the pumps and disconnect the Rule pump's harness when you pull it out.