Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Interesting..
    I bought an extra remote from cab and yet to install.. interesting to hear that there may be a connection back there? I look forward to hearing the results.. I just parked mine at storage an hour ago or I would go look myself! I am still hung up fearing the drill for the mount!

if there is not a connection back there, here is the wire that splits off from factory connection.. I ordered one myself.. hope I don't need it!
    http://shopmarineelectronics.com/mar...0_00018_20.htm
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Well after going all over the stern of the boat i came to the conclusion SC didn't include the additional wiring for remote. I took apart the dividers and nothing! In fact the loom has but two wires in it, yellow and black.

So i removed the front remote, pulled the pins from the connector and soldered an additional 24ga color coded wire to each pin, reinstalled them in the connector and reinstalled the front remote. I ran the wire to the rear, drilled for the remote and soldered the wire to the remote leads. I surrounded each hole with clear silicon and installed the remote and then secured the wire to the loom. Works like a charm. For those doing the same i used 4-wire security cable from home depot.

Thanks for all the help guys, i guess SC just got lazy when mine was built!

On a side note, the wife wouldn't come look until the "hole" was covered with the remote as she was freaking when i was drilling the holes!
    2007 Mobius LSV

SC didn't get lazy. This stereo remote wiring harness is not installed on all boats. It is not just a plug and play option. You must purchase the wiring harness that runs from under the dash back to the transom.

gLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU GOT IT WORKING. bY THE WAY, WHAT LAKE ARE YOU GOING TOO. mY FAMILY AND I ARE GOING TO LAKE DON PEDRO FROM JULY 20 TO THE 25. I DO NOT KNOW HOW FAR THAT IS FOR YOU.
    TAZZ
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Razz,

Glad it all worked out. I think the 4 wire security cable is what I used as well, not sprinkler control cable.

04outback,

Install that remote already! I posted a pic below to help motivate you. I put mine on the port side instead of the starboard side like most people since my walk thru transom is on the starboard side and that's where the traffic is getting in and out of my boat.

And for those of you that must have that last finishing touch for the remote, see the link below for a billet aluminum bezel made specifically for the (new style) oval Kenwood remote. And it's available in 28 different colors!

Al

Link to bezel: http://www.danamarineproducts.com/Pr...TOKEN=94557990

Remote location on my LSV (without the bezel):
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Cab,
    Travel keeps gettin in the way... 3rd week in a row .. plus storing boat offsite makes it difficult.. i bought a new hole saw the other day and made a template with wood to start.... weekends are for riding not tooling around... maybe I'll get to it soon.... Good call on the wire... I 'll look into that! ALthough, I did get excited to think there was a wiring loom back there...

BW
    Brad

2004 Outback sold

Finally pulled the trigger on the hole saw and installed my transom remote.
    Thanks to Cab13367 for selling me his extra remote.
    Drilling was no prob at all! actually wiring was more of a pain.. or at least connecting to the factory remote plug anyway.. I bought security wire from Home Depot and it made it easy...red/red, black/black, green/blue, white/yellow.. and all in one bundle...

Here is a photo of my work..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brad

2004 Outback sold

Quote Originally Posted by 04OUTBACK View Post
    Finally pulled the trigger on the hole saw and installed my transom remote.
    Thanks to Cab13367 for selling me his extra remote.
    Drilling was no prob at all! actually wiring was more of a pain.. or at least connecting to the factory remote plug anyway.. I bought security wire from Home Depot and it made it easy...red/red, black/black, green/blue, white/yellow.. and all in one bundle...

Here is a photo of my work..
    Brad,

Looks great! Glad you finally got the time to install it. Yeah, the security cable is the ticket, and a lot cheaper that the extension wire they try to sell you.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

That KENWOOD remote id JUNK!!!!!

That is y i went to the CLARION remote!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dustin Kennedy
    2009 Moomba XLV GG